I'm Tied, To You

Was this stranger really my lover!?

“Hyun please, I beg you, please spare my life” a certain scared hamster was hiding from her girlfriend, she knew she was going to get murdered. She couldn’t help but think Seungwan looked adorable like that, she poor girl was on their bed hiding under her blankets.

 

Joohyun pulled the blankets away and grabbed Seungwan by her arm so she could let go of the sheets. “Come on Wannie, they’re just my parents”

 

“Exactly!” Joohyun rolled her eyes. “Seungwan, you’re being so childish right now, I’ve met your parents before and it went pretty well, why can’t you meet mine?” and with all of her strength pulled Seungwan out of the bed making the latter fall. Seungwan groaned and pouted.

 

“But my parents are cool!”

 

“Are you saying mine aren’t!? Mine are as well” they barely argued, because Seungwan would always listen to Joohyun and Joohyun would listen to the younger one as well, they both were whipped for each other, but Seungwan was more, Joohyun would always end up winning, except this time.

 

“You said they are conservative, what if they hate me? What if they tell me to stay away from you? What if they kill me?” Seungwan was clearly so concerned, she’s been nervous several times before, but this one tops it. Joohyun sat next to Seungwan on the floor and placed her hands on the latter’s cheeks.

 

“I know they are conservative, they won’t hate you, they won’t tell you to stay away from me, and certainly, they won’t kill you, because they love me and since I love you, they’ll understand, it might take them a while, but they’ll grow to love you as well”

 

Joohyun told her in order to calm her girlfriend and let her know everything will be alright, then she kissed both of her cheeks.

 

“Just be yourself, you’re cute, sweet, caring and gentle, not to mention funny, they’ll definitely love you” Seungwan blushed at the words, she felt a little bit better now, she leaned in and pecked Joohyun’s lips.

 

“Thanks Hyun, you know, even if they don’t approve, I’ll fight for us, I won’t give up on the love of my life” Seungwan said confidently making the older one smile brightly, she pulled Seungwan into a hug and buried her face under her neck.

 

“But still, you should’ve told me several days prior, I have to prepare myself mentally for it” Joohyun smacked the girl’s arm.

 

“Yah! Son Seungwan, you better behave” Seungwan chuckled and hugged the girl tighter.

 

“I’m just kidding, let’s go get ready”

 

After they got ready, they were both on Seungwan’s car waiting for the green light, the younger one was tapping her fingers nervously on the steering wheel distracting Joohyun quite a lot. “Relax will you?” she told her.

 

“I should’ve baked something instead, who knows if they would appreciate that more than a cake I bought and didn’t put effort on making” Seungwan spoke looking at her girlfriend with panic in her eyes.

 

“It’s totally fine Wannie, they’ll love it, you can bake for them next time” Joohyun reassured her offering her hand for Seungwan to take it, who immediately did, Joohyun smiled and intertwined their fingers rubbing her thumb against Seungwan’s hand to relax her.

 

When they arrived to the house, her parents opened the door for them, first they hugged and greeted Joohyun so lovingly.

 

“Mom, dad, I’ve missed you” she said as she hugged them both tightly.

 

“We’ve missed you too darling, you should visit us more often” her mother replied.

 

Seungwan smiled at the sight, Joohyun sure looked so happy to see her parents, and that made her feel happy for her girlfriend. But her smile was soon erased when the older girl’s parents turned to look at her, she could feel their deadly stare, Seungwan gulped, she was so nervous and slightly shaking, she bowed introducing herself.

 

“I’m Wendy Son Seungwan, it’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Bae”

 

“So you are the one our precious daughter chose instead of Bogum” the man spoke, Joohyun facepalmed herself, Seungwan had no idea how to reply to that, she felt that if she said something it would end up badly.

 

“Dear, don’t be so harsh on her, don’t you see how scared and nervous she is? She looks like she’s seen a ghost” Mrs. Bae told her husband who quickly understood.

 

“Please excuse my husband, he’s pretty protective of our Joohyunnie as you can see” the woman apologised to Seungwan, the latter let out a breath on relief, at least Joohyun’s mother was more accepting.

 

“I brought some cake! I hope you like it” Seungwan said giving them the box they bought on their way here, Mrs. Bae smiled and accepted the gift, Mr. Bae said nothing but contained the urge to smile because he was a cake lover.

 

“That’s a nice gesture of you” the man said still unamused.

 

They guided them to the dining room, Joohyun helped her mother to get everything ready for their lunch, Mr. Bae was cleaning the table, he was struggling to move a box which was heavy and as soon as Seungwan noticed that, she quickly approached to the man and took the box from him.

 

“Let me carry that sir” she told him as she carried the box away without any effort at all, the man lifted up an eyebrow kind of impressed.

 

“You know, as much as I hate to say this, even if you don’t look though, you’re sure strong” Seungwan laughed nervously, and she mentally high fived herself, her girlfriend’s father finally said something good about her.

 

“Thank you sir, I try to have some strength” she said, Mr. Bae nodded as he crossed his arms. “You better, you must protect my daughter at any cost” Seungwan smiled and assured him his daughter was in good hands. “Yes Mr. Bae, I’ll protect her no matter what”.

 

When the table was finally set, Mrs. Bae and Joohyun brought the food, which Seungwan ate happily, Joohyun’s mother sure cooked so well.

 

“Mrs. Bae, your food is delicious” Seungwan said.

 

“Thank you, Costco has some nice food” when she heard that, Seungwan almost choked.

 

“Costco!?” good job Seungwan, now you embarrassed yourself, the poor hamster thought.

 

“Don’t take that seriously Wannie, my mother just loves to make jokes, she cooked this herself” Joohyun spoke as she noticed her girlfriend was panicking.

 

“Aw, you always ruin the food Joohyunnie, but that you darling, I’m glad you liked the food” Mrs. Bae smiled to Seungwan, who was still recovering from almost having a heart attack.

 

The meal went on, but Seungwan was feeling uncomfortable, she started to feel nervous again, Mr. Bae was glaring at her, she felt his piercing stare could see through her soul.

 

“So Seungwan, care to tell us what do you do for a living?” the man asked in all seriousness, Seungwan gulped and turned to look at Mr. Bae.

 

“I’m an architect, I work at a small architecture office” she answered, she still felt the man’s glare. “Don’t be that modest Wan, it’s not that small, they have pretty big projects, she’s working on my CEO’s, Kwon Yuri, expansion project, and they’re also working right now for Jessica Jung herself, the owner Blanc and Eclare” Joohyun said, she was proud of her girlfriend’s work.

 

“Well, Seungwan, I must say I’m kind of impressed, so I assume you’re pretty well off” the girl nodded at Mr. Bae’s words.

 

“So how did you two meet? Was it because of your project at my daughter’s company?” it was Mrs. Bae’s turn to ask. “Well, we actually met before that” Seungwan replied with a smile recalling the first time she saw Joohyun and her girlfriend also smiled at the memory.

 

“She actually saved me, a man tried to rob me and he was about to hurt me, but then Seungwan came out of nowhere just to save me” Joohyun spoke, she looked at Seungwan lovingly.

 

“I’m glad you’ve been doing your job since the beginning Seungwan” Mr. Bae told her, Seungwan thanked him, she was feeling better now, the atmosphere started to feel more comfortable.

 

The rest of the lunch went pretty good, to Joohyun’s surprise, Seungwan and her father got along quite well, they shared many interests in common, one of them being sports, specifically soccer, they were talking about last week’s game, they even shared favorite teams, Seungwan also told him how every sunday she would watch the game with Joohyun, even though her girlfriend wasn’t so interested on it, she would still enjoy it because it was what Seungwan liked.

 

When they were about to leave Mr. Bae asked Seungwan to have a word in private with him, Seungwan got nervous, she had no idea what he was going to tell her, maybe he would actually kill her and everything that happened at the lunch was all an act in order to reduce her suffering from what was going to happen afterwards.

 

“Seungwan, I must tell you that I first, my wife and I were against this, we just hated the idea of our daughter leaving the ideal man and the one we thought that was the best for her, for a woman” Seungwan looked down, she couldn’t blame the man, many people were like that.

 

“But our daughter kept telling us about you, how well you treat her and how caring you are, we started to accept the fact more, especially my wife, I still had my doubts about it, until today, that I got to meet you, and I can totally tell my daughter made the right choice, I’m sure she’s safe with you, that you’ll protect her and give her the best, which is what she deserves”

 

Seungwan wanted to cry from happiness, she couldn’t believe what her girlfriend’s father was telling her.

 

“So, with all that said, you have my approval Seungwan, my wife’s as well” Seungwan smiled widely, she couldn’t contain her happiness and in a sudden action she hugged the man. “Thank you so much Mr. Bae, I won’t disappoint you” the man smiled at the girl’s action and hugged her back.

 

“Welcome to the family Seungwan, but trust me, you’ll regret it if something happens to my daughter” he said with a threatening look. “Don’t worry, I’ll always protect her” Seungwan reassured him, he nodded and smiled again before whispering. I’ll be waiting for good news.”

 

Joohyun and Seungwan went back to their apartment, but not before making another stop, Joohyun promised Seungwan she would buy her ice cream as one of the rewards for finally meeting her parents, they were walking down to the parlor hand in hand, Seungwan still had a huge smile on her face.

 

“See? Meeting my parents wasn’t that bad” Joohyun told her girlfriend, Seungwan just chuckled at it. “Yes, you were right, they were both nice” the older one was glad Seungwan actually got along with her father, she knew what her father used to think of her, so she was happy he ended up accepting their relationship.

 

Just when they were about to arrive to the parlor, Seungwan stopped confusing Joohyun a little bit. “Look Joohyun!” the younger one exclaimed, Joohyun could tell her girlfriend was excited, she turned to look to see what was the thing that made her girlfriend behave like a five year old, but when she saw it she wanted to run away and scream.

 

“Puppies! Let’s adopt one Hyun!” the older one was hiding herself behind Seungwan, she was so scared of them, even if they were small and adorable, animals scared her to death.

 

“Son Seungwan, I swear, if you adopt a dog, you’ll be sleeping outside with it” Seungwan’s expression turned down. “B-but why!? It’s adorable” Seungwan turned to her girlfriend and noticed the scared look in her face.

 

“Aw, don’t tell me, you’re scared of them Hyun?” but as soon as she said that she received a smack on her shoulder, Joohyun was embarrassed, she thought it was stupid that she was already an adult and she was scared of animals, no matter how small they were, she was still scared, she couldn’t help it. Joohyun suddenly felt a pair of arms being wrapped around her.

 

“It’s okay Hyun, I understand, we won’t adopt one right now, maybe if you give them a chance some other time, they’re pretty adorable and good companions, but I won’t force you” Seungwan told her, Joohyun hid her face on Seungwan’s neck still embarrassed, they stayed like that for a while until Joohyun spoke again. “I’ll think about it”

 

After they got their ice cream they went back to their apartment, they watched movies and cuddled as usual, when they finished doing that Joohyun was just reading a book while being in Seungwan’s arms, the younger wasn’t doing anything at all, she was just staring at her love. She was also thinking about everything they’ve lived together. Even if the amount of time they’ve known each other wasn’t big, they still had a lifetime.

 

Seungwan still couldn’t believe a woman like Joohyun was real, she was way too beautiful, she was so smart and cute, she was the perfect woman, she was the girl of her dreams, she fell deeper for her every single day, she looked at Joohyun once again, how the older one was so focused at her book. How her eyes were trailing every single sentence on it, it was just mesmerising. It was one of those moments she thought this is the woman she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

 

It wasn’t that she didn’t think of it before, in fact, ever since the first time she met her she thought of it, she constantly thinks about that, but some other times that desire feels stronger, she just wants to hold her and never let her go.

 

“Joohyun” Seungwan called her name as she caressed one of her arms. “What is it Seungwan?” the older one replied without taking her eyes away from the book.

 

“Marry me”

 

Joohyun lost her focus as soon as she heard the words, her heart started to race, Seungwan’s voice was serene and full of sincerity. She untangled herself from her girlfriend’s arms and turned around to look at her.

 

“What did you say Seungwan?” she asked her looking directly at her eyes, Seungwan also looked at her, she knew looking at her girlfriend’s eyes was dangerous, but she was ready to take the risk, her eyes were like the galaxy, if they went out on a starry night, even though she loved to stargaze, she would end up looking at Joohyun’s eyes.

 

“Marry me Joohyun, I’m serious, when I look at you I just can’t help but think that I want to spend the rest of my days with you, waking up with the most beautiful woman humanity has ever seen in my eyes, get to spend my time with the woman who goes along with my dumb and childish ideas, go to sleep looking at the woman I fell in love with since the first time I saw her”

 

Joohyun was crying, she was just so happy. The proposal wasn’t planned, she didn’t even have a ring, it was just spontaneous, just like the time Seungwan asked her to be her girlfriend, she just loved that about Seungwan, and to be honest, it was the kind of proposal she wanted, just a proposal which was made when they were just enjoying their time together, when they just realised they wanted to live together for the rest of their lives.

 

Seungwan lifted her hand to clean Joohyun’s tears and waited for her answer.

 

“I’ll marry you Son Seungwan” Seungwan smiled widely, this time she really felt like the happiest woman in the universe, this surpassed the happiness someone could feel. Joohyun grabbed the latter’s face and closed the gap between their lips, and you must know how their night ended.

 

This story was about Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan, two normal people who were tied to each other by destiny, they used to be lovers in their past lives and swore to meet again and love each other in their next life.

 

A/N: so this is the final chapter of the story, I'll be posting a few extra chapters but they'll be the story of their past lives, thank you so much for reading this story and all of your support :)