Nocturne

Was this stranger really my lover!?

When Joohyun arrived to the park Bogum was already there sitting on a bench waiting for her. She rushed towards him. “Sorry, I tried to arrive as quickly as I could” Joohyun said, Bogum smiled and hugged her and as he did that she started to feel bad.

 

“It’s alright, I didn’t think I would arrive that fast, I have to tell you some important news” when they separated Bogum couldn’t help but notice the sad look his fiance had. “Did something happen Hyun? Do you feel sick?” he asked her, she could hear he was worried about her.

 

“No, I just want to talk to you about something really important” she replied, Bogum nodded. They sat on the bench and silence embraced them for a while, Joohyun was fidgeting with her hands, she couldn’t find the right words, she didn’t know how to start.

 

“You can tell me anything Joohyun, no matter what it is I’ll do my best to understand” Bogum could feel the tension between them, it was like an awkward atmosphere and he kind of knew what she wanted to talk about. She took a deep breath and relaxed a bit before starting.

 

“So, you know how these past months haven’t been the best for us” and indeed, this is where she’s going, Bogum knew it. “I know we’ve been living together for almost a year, and we’ve been in a relationship for even more time, but I just feel like we aren’t working” she continued, Bogum looked down trying to avoid facing the girl. “Don’t get me wrong, you’re a really good man, you treat me so well and I know your feelings are sincere towards me, but I just feel like mine aren’t anymore”

 

Joohyun took a look at Bogum and saw how quiet he was, he was facing the floor, she wrapped her arms around him to comfort him a little. “It’s just that, even before you proposed me, I wasn’t feeling that happy anymore, I mean, I felt happy, but it wasn’t the happiness that I was seeking for, I didn’t feel complete, there was this feeling of emptiness inside and I thought if I accepted everything would change but it didn’t, and I really appreciate the moments and time we had together, but I think it’s better for us to go our own way before it gets worse”

 

She finished explaining, she was scared and nervous, Bogum remained quiet but sniffs could be heard, she saw how tears fell from his eyes, she took one of his hands and ran her thumb over it. “I’m really sorry Bogum, but I’m not the one for you” she said as she felt her voice cracked, even if she didn’t love him the way he did, they were together for such a long time.

 

“I understand Joohyun, thanks for telling me, I guess I also didn’t give you my best and what you really deserved, sure, I gave you all material needs, but I just didn’t offer any comfort at all, I barely checked on you because I was just so caught up with work, and I was also being selfish for not asking about your feelings” he spoke with pain and regret on his voice.

 

“But you’re right, we just can’t work together at least in that kind of relationship” when she heard that Joohyun hugged him tighter. They stayed like that for a few minutes until Bogum pulled away to speak again.

 

“I also had to tell you something, I got an offer from the company, it’s a better position, they had to hire someone as an emergency and they called me” Joohyun looked at him surprised. “That’s great” she said in excitement for him. “Yes, but I would have to be transferred to another city and would start next week” he finished, Joohyun let out a small ‘oh’ and Bogum sighed. “I’ll take the offer” he concluded, Joohyun nodded.

 

“I wish you luck then, I’m sure you’ll do great there” Joohyun told him smiling slightly, he returned the smile. “Thank you” they finally stood up. “I guess this is a goodbye for now” Joohyun said. “Yeah” Bogum scratched the back of his neck not knowing what to do.

 

“Thank you for everything Bogum, thank you for taking care of me the time we were together and thank you for understanding” she hugged him for the last time, he wrapped his arms carefully around her returning the hug. “Thank you as well Joohyun, you made me really happy these past years” and when they separated Joohyun turned around giving him a last smile and started to make her way back to the apartment.

 

But then she heard her name being called, it was Bogum. “Hyun, I hope the next time we see each other will be when we had found our happiness” that statement made Joohyun smile brightly. “I’ll be looking forward to it then” she replied waving at him.

 

She went back to her apartment, she felt relieved, she felt like she finally took another step further towards her happiness, she was glad Bogum didn’t really fight against it, she was happy he really understood her. She took out her phone hoping to see a message from Wendy, but sadly there wasn’t any, the girl hasn’t contacted her ever since that day.

 

Joohyun was lying on her bed thinking about Wendy, there was definitely something wrong with the other girl if she wasn’t communicating, she was really thinking if she should call or text her, and if she did, what will she tell her. “Okay, you can do this Joohyun, she’s your friend after all, you should look after her” she told herself and finally dialed her number. After a while she finally answered.

 

“Hello?” the voice wasn’t Wendy’s, it was another woman.

“Umm, I’m Bae Irene” she said nervously.

“Yes, I know, I kind of saw it on the ID” Joohyun facepalmed herself feeling like an idiot.

“Sorry, that sounded kind of rude” the girl apologised making Joohyun less nervous.

“Is Wendy there?”

“Umm, she’s kind of busy right now, why don’t you try calling her later?”

“Okay, I will, thanks”

 

And they hung up, Joohyun felt bad and worried, but also she started to wonder why was a girl with Wendy, why would she answer her phone instead? She told her Wendy was busy, but what was she doing? Joohyun shook her head. “No Joohyun, don’t jump into conclusions, there must be an explanation for everything, be patient and give Wendy some time”

 


 

“Son Seungwan! I swear, you’re such a mess and a total idiot, the girl of your dreams just called and you didn’t even dare to answer, she was obviously calling to know if you’re okay” Taeyeon scolded Wendy. The younger girl was wrapped with a blanket in the living room watching tv.

 

“And what do you want me to tell her?” Wendy asked miserably. Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “For god’s sake, it’s not like you two had a fight, you just saw her with her fiance” Wendy groaned at the words, she felt worse with the reminder the woman was engaged.

 

“For real Seungwan, if you want you two to at least keep your friendship and avoid hardships, especially because of your feelings, you must talk to her and tell her everything about how you feel about her, it’s better to do that right now and not until they take the next step” Taeyeon told her, she wanted her friend to get herself together and fix everything.

 

Seeing how Wendy didn’t say anything, Taeyeon sighed and turned around. “Well I hope you think about this, I’ll be in our room, I promised Yeri I would play online with her” and she left the younger one alone.

 

The girl kept watching tv until she started to feel sleepy and when she less noticed she fell asleep on the couch.

 

Wendy opened her eyes to be greeted with the face of the most beautiful woman, Joohyun, she was lying on the floor over a futon, she looked around and saw Joohyun kneeled down with first aid kit with her, she tried to get up but the woman didn’t let her. “How did we get here?” she asked.

 

“Just lay down, you’re hurt, you passed out a few minutes after our encounter with your general, I had to carry you until I found a village which seems to be safe, it’s far from the battleground and the troops were already here, so we don’t have to worry about them finding you” she spoke, Wendy felt bad, she felt like she was such a burden.

 

She just saw how Joohyun treated her injuries, she had some really bad bruises on her abdomen. When Joohyun finished her work she leaned in and kissed those injuries lightly.

 

“Seungwan, my little hero, what would I do without you” the woman whispered, then she ran a hand over Wendy’s cheek. She stood up to get a glass of water for the latter. When she came back, she helped Seungwan to sit, after she drank, she stared at Joohyun, she had a small bruise on her left cheek, that made Seungwan sad.

 

“I’m sorry they hurt you and also that you had to carry me all the way here, I’ll be stronger next time” Seungwan spoke. Joohyun smiled and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

 

“You’re strong enough Seungwan” Joohyun sat down behind Seungwan and gestured the girl to lay her head on her lap, Seungwan did what she told her and she felt how the older girl started to caress her hair, she let herself enjoy the moment.

 

They were both quiet, Joohyun wanted to let Seungwan rest, the younger one just stared at Joohyun lovingly, she knew from the first time she met her that she wanted to be with Joohyun for the rest of her life.

 

“Joohyun, please marry me” Seungwan spoke taking Joohyun by surprise. “What?” she asked not believing what she just heard. “Marry me Joohyun, let’s runaway after the war ends, let’s get out of this hell” Joohyun felt tears on her eyes, she was so in love with the woman who just spoke those words.

 

“Seungwan, I would love to but we both know we can’t get married, even if we go somewhere else” Joohyun replied making the other one chuckle. “Let’s just skip to the honeymoon then” Seungwan said earning a small flick from the older. “You know, we don’t need a stupid paper just to state we are together, we don’t need legal approval” Joohyun spoke, as she leaned closely towards Seungwan, their lips almost brushing.

 

“So, should we just skip to the honeymoon instead?” Seungwan asked again smirking. “Yes, let’s skip to it” and Joohyun closed the gap between them, both feeling bliss.

 

But to Seungwan’s fortune, everything went dark until she opened her eyes again, she had woken up from her dream, it felt so real, but now she knew what to do. She took her phone and texted Irene.

 

To: Irene.

I’m sorry I didn’t send you any message, please meet me at this location.


A/N: this time Wendy's dream is the continuation of Irene's dream from last chapter, hope you enjoyed it, thanks for reading :)