Eyes of love

Was this stranger really my lover!?

Seungwan took a quick shower and prepared herself as fast as she could, but right when she was about to leave she stopped herself. “Crap, I can’t just meet her with empty hands” she said to herself, she turned around to see what she could bring, she couldn’t just stop by to buy her a bouquet, it would look bad if Joohyun came home and her fiance saw she was carrying that.

 

She went to the kitchen to see if they had some chocolate or cake, and then she noticed the single rose on the vase Taeyeon brought earlier that morning. “I guess just one rose won’t hurt” she took it and made her way out. To her surprise, this time Irene arrived before, Wendy gulped when she saw the stunning woman in front of her.

 

“I’m sorry I made you wait” Wendy said embarrassed, she was feeling so nervous. “It’s fine Wendy, so, did you need to tell me something?” the woman asked. “Yes!” Wendy replied not saying anything else, Irene could tell the girl was having a panic attack, Wendy remained silent.

 

“And what do you want to tell me Wendy?” Irene spoke in order to make Wendy continue. The younger one looked around not wanting to face Irene, if she looked at the woman in front of her in the eyes she would just keep falling deeper, she would get hypnotized and wouldn’t be able to tell the girl everything she wanted to.

 

She remembered she had the rose and lifted it up giving it to Irene. “Umm, this is for you!” Wendy’s face was so red, she even felt she was starting to sweat, the older one blushed at the small gift she brought her, she found Wendy pretty cute. “Thank you so much Wendy, it’s beautiful”

 

“I would have given you a bouquet, b-but I just didn’t know if it was appropriated or if it would be wrong if I-”

“Relax Wendy, I appreciate your gift, you’re acting a bit strange, remember I’m your friend, whatever you’ll tell me I won’t judge” Irene interrupted her just to assure her everything was alright, Wendy took a deep breath, you can do it Son Seungwan, you already know the worst fact, you already know her answer, you just have to let this out so you can live peacefully, she thought.

 

“Irene… You are the girl of my dreams!” Wendy exclaimed, when she realised the words she just used she wanted to bury herself alive, Irene blinked a few times, she was kind of confused at what the girl just said.

 

“Sorry! I didn’t want to say that, I mean, it’s true, but it’s complicated, what I really wanted to say is that, I really like you, more than a friend should, in fact, I fell in love with you ever since the first time I saw you, but I know this is wrong, because you’re already engaged, you already have someone who makes you happy and-”

 

“I broke up with him”

 

“Yes, yes, he seems like a good man who treats you well and… You what!?” Wendy’s eyes almost popped out when she heard what Irene said.

 

“I broke up with Bogum” Irene stated.

 

“Ah, I see, I’m sorry to hear that, you two must have had something beautiful” Wendy said, she felt bad for Irene, but she also felt somehow relieved even though it sounded selfish.

 

“You see, we’ve known each other for so long, we got together 3 years after we met, at first everything was so good and bright, I really liked him but I never felt complete, I felt empty, something was just missing and when he proposed to me I thought that if I accepted I would feel better, but I didn’t, get started to fight more often, we just weren’t working together, so I thought breaking up with him would be the best, and he mutually agreed” Irene explained.

 

Wendy was dumbfounded, she didn’t expect this, she just came here to break her own heart while confessing to the woman she’s loved since the first time she saw. But she was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt a pair of hands on her cheeks.

 

“And just a few months ago I met someone who somehow managed to fill that emptiness inside me, someone who brightens up my day even just by sending a simple text, someone who makes me laugh with their silly jokes every single time we’re together, someone who protects me and makes me feel safe, not just here, but also in my dreams, and what makes me even happier is knowing she just confessed her true feelings for me”

 

The younger girl was still mute, words just couldn’t come out , she couldn’t believe her ears, was Irene really talking about her?

 

“I really think you’re the one for me Wendy Son Seungwan” Irene finished.

 

“Wait, wait, wait, how did you know my Korean name? I’m sure I mentioned it” Wendy finally said really confused and surprised.

 

“Let’s say, I had a dream and you happened to be there, but I only called you that way”

 

“Joohyun?” it was the only thing Wendy said taking Irene aback. Could it be?, Irene thought.

 

“That’s my Korean name, how did you…”

 

“Let’s say I also happen to dream quite a lot, there was this woman called Joohyun, she made me so happy, I was in love with her in my dreams, she was also the most beautiful woman I saw, until I met you, you are just like her, and just like I said, I also fell in love with you” Wendy confessed.

 

Joohyun felt the latter’s arms being wrapped around her waist, they were looking at each other, and the more they did, the more they felt they fell.

 

“Bae Joohyun, I love you” all the nervousness Wendy was feeling before her initial confession were already gone, she was just letting herself get lost in the moment, she started to learn in towards Joohyun to the point their noses were brushing until she finally connected their lips, Joohyun quickly reciprocated it, the kiss was sweet and it lasted for quite a few second when Joohyun pulled away.

 

“Yah! Seungwan! We haven’t even had our first date and yet we already had our first kiss, I wanted to wait for a while, you know I just ended my relationship” Joohyun said as she buried her head on Wendy’s shoulder trying to hide her embarrassed face. Wendy chuckled and hugged her tighter.

 

“I’m sorry, I just couldn’t help it Joohyun” the older one smiled, it really felt good to be called by her korean name, and Wendy felt the same about Joohyun calling her Seungwan, it just felt right.

 

“It’s okay, I couldn’t either, but let’s take baby steps, is it fine?”

 

Seungwan pulled slightly away to face Joohyun, she looked right in her eyes, they were indeed the most beathtaking thing ever, she smiled at her lovingly. “It’s fine, anything for you Joohyun”

 

A/N: and they finally confessed, I think this is the shortest chapter so far, next one will be longer, thanks for reading and commenting, it helps me to know if the story is going on the right direction, thank you for the support :)