Episode 8

Runaway Agents {ROSEKOOK EDITION}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello my readers. Again, I will apologize in advance if I am taking forever to update again, and that's because I'm am indeed a highschool student who has a shiz ton of work to do so I need to focus on that as well + exams are coming up! So yeah, please understand, however, I am trying to update/ work on upcoming chapters of this story. thanks for your patience...catch ya later <3

Late Evening

Dinner table

Author's POV [continuing where we left off from previous chapter]

 

Chaeyoung's eyes fluttered open after hearing her door shut. She noticed the new combination of comfortable clothes sitting beside her on the bed causing her to raise her brows. "He didn't do that did he?", Still confused as to Jungkook's unforseen actions, Chaeyoung shrugged and proceeded to change her clothes. 

--

"You came? I thought it'd be a while before you woke up...", Jisoo spoke, setting the table for the two. 

"I smelled food so...", Chaeyoung's eyes fixed on the table filled with a crisp combination of traditional korean dinner dishes, but soon making their way to the unsought guest, Jungkook. This, in which Jisoo caught. 

"Ah, the guys had dinner with us but you two were out so, enjoy.", with that Jisoo left on to do whatever she intended to do before they came. Right away, as if she's never seen food before, Chaeyoung readied her chopsticks and scooped into the rice and vegetables. 

"Y-yah slow down, you're scaring me.", Jungkook stared wide-eyed at her actions, slowly pulling the dish closer to him. "Wait I forgot, you're still on your period.", He slightly sniggered at that. 

"Yah", Chaeyoung anoyingly whipped Jungkook's head in return, leaving the boy to rub the spot. 

Once Jungkook recovered, he ventured into bringing them into the topic about the picture he saw in her room earlier, however, he didn't want to sound too suspicious. "So, how's your life?", He asked. 

She didn't stop eating, but she looked up and nodded, "It's going"

He rolled his eyes, "That's it? No family visits or anything?", to that she perked her eyes to the side while silently huffing. She swallowed her food before starting. 

"I'm too busy for that kind of stuff."

He pursed his lips, "You don't have any siblings or a boyfriend or anything that you miss?", he attempted to approach the main point. 

"I have. But...", she stopped for a second, thinking of a reason. 

"But?", Jungkook repeated anticipating more. She let out yet another unsatisfying huff. 

"I-I don't keep in contact anymore for a while...", she looked down ashamed of not at least contacting her sister, however, if they knew her whereabouts then her father will know too,  and she couldn't let that happen. His face looking shook again, he nodded. Jungkook wanted to know if she was reffering towards her sibling(s) or her boyfriend, but he felt that he should stop at that. "How bout' you, Mr. Seagull? Do you miss your family?"

Jungkook laughed nervously before solemly bringing his head low. "Some of them. Not my mother.", He rolled his eyes at the mention of his mother. 

"Well at least you have one right?", She tried not to sound too nagging since she suddenly got an uneasy feeling remembering her poor mother's death a while back., so she quietly asked him expecting a 'yes' from him. Jungkook swallowed his food whilst shaking his head as a 'yeah, yeah'.

"Mhm, but not a good one.", He snorted. 

"Hhh...", Chaeyoung softly huffed while shaking her head successively yearning confusion towards the boy. "All mothers are the same Justin, even if they're acting like towards you. They have a reason alright? Your mother probably love you more than you hated her.", Chaeyoung looked at Jungkook as he sat there twirling the chopsticks between his fingers carelessely. 

"What? Then why don't you call your mother everyday and tell her you love her instead of working too much. Didn't you sat that you're all caught up with work so you don't get to contact your family? It's just you, idiot.", Jungkook didn't want to accept the fact that his mother actually loved him, but deep down he had that feeling of guilt that so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter