Episode 4

Runaway Agents {ROSEKOOK EDITION}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Next night-mission takes place at a business party

Chaeyoung's POV-

We all split up to where Jennie and Jisoo were at home figuring out the tracking system, and Lisa was at the parking lot waiting for me while I had to attend this cocktail party. It was of a business that Jungkook's mom had to collab with recently. I had to get new information somehow by attending this party, and I was...bored. Dressing up wasn't my thing but honestly I looked hella good, thanks to Jisoo she chose everything. I was wearing a velvet red cocktail dress and my hair was in loose curls, as my heels made me stand 5'8 which was about 2 inches. I looked around spotting a bar. I normally don't drink but when I do I drink lightly since I have low tolerance. 

I ordered myself one shot of soju knowing I still had to get work done here. But I was a little ahead of the game, I found some of his childhood photos which I can give to Jennie to trace. I don't know if it will work exact but it should give us some few good features to look out for in the boy we're finding. 

I felt myself getting a bit dizzy. You guessed it, I ordered two more shots out of excitement. Yay me![not] I looked around trying to find support. The area was too crowded to settle down, so I looked for an outside area, but my wobbly legs didn't do any good. I heard someone talking through my earpiece, it was Lisa. "Yah stop drinking too much I can hear your mumbles, did you get any information yet"

I smiled unconciously, "Ne, good stuff...photos" I heard her chuckle. 

"Ok ok, great I guess you can drink now but not too much, we have to head back soon Ch- I mean Rosè, aish i'm still getting used to this.", I chuckled again. 

"Funny.", I continued roaming around the large crowded room. I staggered a little, bumping into a wall in a secluded hallway making me lose my balance. I kept strolling and bumped into someone which almost made me fall but he caught you in time. 

"Are you ok Rosè??", It was Justin but in my state I almost forgot his name. I looked up to him chuckling like a fool for no reason and nodded. He smiled and released his grip on my arm ready to go but I gripped onto his wrist. 

"Come with me" I demanded. 

"W-wait a second...", all I heard was muffled music, and I just dragged him along. I dragged him outside to a garden by the large party room. It was dark but the garden was so alluring because of the many lights surrounding everything. I was still wobbling like crazy, but I still held onto him and continued walking. 

"Wait Rosè I don't think we should go there, there are no lights in that area", he was right but I didn't want to listen to him. 

"B-but yepeuuu[pretty]", I were literally out of it, it was crazy. I wasn't used to drinking so now I suffered my consequences [so embarassing] but who could tell me now? I was too drunk. He pulled his arm away and stopped. I frowed childishly. 

"Let's go back now", he started to tap his feet impatiently. 

"Aniii, come with meee", I had no control whatsoever. He tried holding his hand out to me but I ended up whipping it away. "Ani, I'm going now!" I yelled. 

"Rosè-ah it's dangerous you shouldn't go there!", he started getting agitated.  I started whining like crazy and ended up tripping on my own foot, but he pulled me upwards to prevent me from falling. I ended up hitting my head against his broad chest, cologne hitting my nose almost immediately, I looked up nervously and blushed as I saw his face. I was so embarassed as I realized it was actually Justin. 

"Let's go back, I saw Lisa in the car I'll take you there.", He continued holding me in his arms. I nodded at him slightly. 

"T-thanks Justin"

Author's POV-

He took Chaeyoung to the parking lot where he last saw Lisa's car earlier. But to his surprise it wasn't there anymore. He called her to see if she really went, "Hey lisa are you picking Rosè up?" Lisa had to pick Jisoo up from Chaeyoung's dad's headquarters so she left early so she told Jungkook to drop Chaeyoung off. "Ah- I see".[but obvi. she couldn't tell him so she made up a lie and told him she wasn't feeling well].

"Rosè Lisa wasn't feeling well so I guess I have to bring you home, that's fine besides you're our neighbor."He took her silence as a yes. 

He gently laid her in the passenger seat and noticed she already fell asleep. He stared at her for a second before taking off. 

You're probably wondering why Jungkook was where Chaeyoungs was, however it was both coincidental. Both being the ones finding each other as a mission led them there. You know Chaeyoung went there because of his mother's party, but for Jungkook, Namjoon had clearly stated that that's what the GPS told him in his tracking system. 

 

The next morning 9:00 AM before Chaeyoung heads to the gym

Chaeyoung's POV-

I was still in my bed with my macbook on my mac, completing the rest of the work from yesterday. I was still struggling from the heavy heat of hangover pain from yesterday's party. I decided to stay in today and work so that I wouldn't suffer the consequences of seeing Justin's face. I felt embarassed just thinking about the scenario last night. god I can be so crazy sometimes, especially when drunk...

I kept thinking about that one eye conact we made when I was stumbling all over the place. Hadn't I noticed before how attractive his eyes were and how thick his arm was. I shook my head in dismay, I felt crazy, it's only been a few days I must be out of my mind. Before I knew it my alarm rang indicating it was time to go to the gym. I groaned to myself pondering at the fact that I may or may not see Justin in the course of getting in Lisa's car and driving to the gym. I grabbed my wallet and keys while slipping my nikes on. 

As usual I unlocked the car and opened the door, about to get in I saw Lisa come out the door and eye my movements.  "Yah Ch-Rosè-ah where do you think you're going!", I frowned not knowing why she suddenly used my other name. 

"I'm going to the-" I stopped as I saw a movement of black at the corner of my eyes. It must be one of the seven neighbors. I pulled Lisa with me and hid on the other side of the car. "I'm going to the gym", I finished, except whispering this time. Lisa looked at me weirdly. 

"Why're you whispering??", I covered with my hand. I didn't want her big mouth to reveal my presence, and I didn't even know which one of the seven boys came out. 

"It's complicated," I shook my head squeezing my eyes, but soon I felt the same black coming closer. I opened my eyes to where there was still a small crack for me to see a little bit, but a little bit is all I needed to find out that it was Justin.  even more. I got out of my little "hiding spot" and stood up quickly trying to show courage. "Why're you here?", I said smiling the fakest smile ever. 

"You left this in my car yesterday night", he smiled back fakely handing me my purse. So that's where it's been. My face reddened not only in embarassment but also anger. He was using such context infront of Lisa that it might've given her the wrong idea. Wait, hold up... mgiht've?? No it totally did. She looked at me with googly eyes while smiling uncontrollably. 

"Y-yah! Yeah, last night when you were dropping me off at my house", I tried explaining only to see a cocky smirk on Justin's face. 

"See you around?" he said turning back to his house. I sighed knowing that mentallly, I was defeated by that Seagull. does he even have a korean name?

I looked at Lisa again hoping to see a different expression, to my satisfaction yes, it was different yet sad. I looked at her even more, "Wae?"

"Nah, I just thought that you guys would've had a good neighbor fling kinda thing...hey that rhymes!", She looked at me laughing. I looked back in disbelief. 

"Yah! Get those nasty thoughts out your mind!" I chased her, but after a couple minutes, I decided that I needed to get to the gym before any of my other plans were delayed. 

At the gym 10:00 AM

Author's POV-

Chaeyoung walked in to the gym rather peacefully, as her workout mantra it was very important to maintain a zen composure to get through the workout successfully. No distractions and no unhappiness...all zen and calm. She slightly smiled as she walked to the treadmill. 

When her couple minutes of cardio was over, she walked around to look for a bench press station. Yes- she benches-all though her slim figure might make her comeout as a woman that only runs or eats healthy, she's quite strong and benching is one of the many heavy workouts in her routine. She smiled as she found a station for her to bench at, and wlaked there peacefully once again. 

She was suddenly stopped by an arm. "Yah what do you think you're doing, benching?", the male chuckled mockingly as he looked at her slim figure up and down. Chaeyoung tried not to get annoyed by this man and so she just breathed in and nodded with a small smile. 

"Ne, so excuse me please sir.", the man still smiling mockingly while chuckling with his other friends. 

"Ani, a girl like you shouldn't be doing this kind of workout ma'am." the guy looked back at his friends sharing a laugh. Chaeyoung had enough, she rolled her eyes. I guess today won't be Zen, i'm going to have to kick their asses.

"Say, we take turns huh?", Chaeyoung made a solution. 

"ha, alright i'll go first and you after?", Chaeyoung nodded keeping her confident compusure. The guys were surprised at my confidence. 

"Let's start?", She waited tapping her feet. The guy still looking at her and quickly slipping his wifebeater shirt off. She mentally facepalmed.

Coincidentally, Jungkook went to the gym at the same time, silently watching the commotion from affar. He witnessed it all. And he might've been thinking like those guys as well. what's Rosè doing aish He shook his head. He was currently sitting down on one of the seats by the dumbells crounching forward and wiping the sweat off his jaw. He was watching the whole thing like a movie. He had no confidence in Chaeyoung at all. 

It was finally her turn, and she smirked copying the same movements as the guy, she slipped her windbreaker off revealing her sports bra which was still soaked from earlier. She had sweat trickling down the creases of her abs, her spandex just at her hips. The guys their lips, but stil managed to smirk since they thought her benching skills would be a turn down. She walked over and switched the weights to a heavier setting. The boys laughed even more. She tried ignoring them. She wasn't trying to show off or anything, she was just doing what she usually does at the benching station. Once she started she continued in a steady pace, maintaining the same pace and movements each time. She didn't look tired or pained, just peacefull and skilled.

"Yah she passed your record hyung!", at this point the guy's friends turned against him and started cheering Chaeyoung on while clapping while the guy just watched in disbelief. He finally accepted what happened and smiled to himself. strong huh

Jungkook still watching, mouth wide open from the beginning to the end. I can't believe this. He turned away rubbing his eyes hoping he would stop getting himself shook. "I came here to workout Jeon Jeonggukie...", he told himself before resuming. 

Back home 12:00 PM

Chaeyoung's POV

I unlocked the front door looking around before stepping in. The house seemed oddly mute. "Hello?", my voice echoed throughout the house leaving me confused. Just in time I recieved a phonecall from Jisoo. Still at the door step I picked up. "hm, where are you guys?"

Jisoo: we went grocery shopping with the neighbors, we didn't have food for breakfast so...

Me: oh I see. by the way, next time let me know, you guys always leave me aloneee. 

I whined like a kid. 

Jisoo: Aish don't whine kiddo Jin said he'll cook lunch for us at 3:00 so just eat the porridge I made earlier.

My face lit up.

Me: Ah jinjja! ok i'm hanging up I still need to shower. 

End call-

After shower I walked down in a loose white tee and spandex, my hair messy, water droplets at the tips of my hair. I looked at the cold poridge sitting on the kitchen counter and cringed. There's no way i'm eating that. "Takoyaki it is!", I called for Takoyaki dilivery which might come in 20 minutes, until then I figured that i'd be better off reading the old book I never got a chance to read, I found solace in the thought of the book. 

1:00 PM Takoyaki delivery arrival

Author's POV-

Jungkook watched as the delivery guy walked up to Chaeyoung's front porch. He his lips thinking food. The only thing he's been longing for since he came back from the gym. His hair still damp from his shower earlier, he walked next to the delivery guy and smiled at him, "I'll pay?", the guy looked at him confusingly. 

"Sure?", he wasn't sure what to say so he just agreed. Jungkook smiled and payed. He grabbed the tub of Takoyaki and walked straight into Chaeyoung's house without asking. At that moment she was still scrutinizing her book, her brows were knotted and lips were pushed together as a sign of interest. She jolted up at the sound of a door slam. Looking around she sniffed the air, takoyaki. Getting up she set her book down. 

"Hello?", she walked near her door and stopped in her place. "Y-yah wha-", she was ready to smack Jungkook in the face. 

"Hey hey I paid don't worry, but since I payed you have to share with me", he sat down at the dining table feeling at home, opening the box of takoyaki. Chaeyoug obseved his actions. 

"Who told you to pay pabo! Yah i'm hungry give me!", she came closer whacking his hand away. He whinced in pain cursing. 

"That benching really did something aish" he reffered to her back at the gym. She looked at him with surprise.

"You were there?", a blush crept up on her cheeks. He smirked at that. 

"Mhm, that's right I worked out too therefore i'm as hungry as you are, aaand I have no food just like you, and also the guys are grocery shopping with your girls, soo..."he looked up at her expectantly. She gave up and threw herself on the chair. 

"Fine.", she split the food up and immedeately got to eating. She didn't have a propper breakfast and it was already 1:00 so she was really hungry. Jungkook glared at her as he saw that she took some of his food, just as she was about take another one he slapped her hand away with such sass. She widened her eyes, cheeks puffed with food. 

"Yah you ate more than me Rosè-ah!", he huffed in annoyance. She slouched in her seat whining like a kid. She didn't know what it was but the way she acted around him wasn't how she acted since the fifth grade. Her inner child came out, just as it did with the girls. That only happens when she gets annoyed easily with someone close...but this was her first week knowing him what the forkkk. She was still sitting there, arms crossed while he mockingly ate the rest of his food in her face. 

Just as she was about to go off at him again the door opened. "We're here!!", the voices of nine men and women filled the house exuberantly. They both looked towards the door surprised to see all of them with many bags in their hands. "Mianhe for the wait by Jin here got a little too exited about the lunch at 3:oo", Jisoo patted Seokjin's back while shaking her head. 

"Well what can I say, what's a great cook without great ingredients?", they all rolled their eyes. Jungkook abruptly got up becuase he realized they were staring at him weirdly as to why he was sitting at the th girl's dining table, coincidentally Chaeyoung did too. But all turned in the wrong direction when Jungkook's foot landed on Chaeyoung's and she jolted towards him...both landing b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter