Chapter 8

We Were In Love (사랑을 했다)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Mom, I’m home,” Hanna announces in the house but no one answers her.

She strolls to the living room and sees a note, saying her mom will be back late. She enters the kitchen and flings the refrigerator open only to find there was nothing inside. 

“Maybe this is the sign for me to go out for dinner with the Jaebum guy,” 

She goes into her room and puts her bag on her study table. She then stretches her hands to her blue closet to open it. 

 

“Let's see… Something comfortable to wear.” Hanna mutters to herself. 

She finally chooses a pastel pink shirt and denim high waist short pants. After that, she takes a bath and applies some basic makeup and lotion, finishing with a soft orange lipstick. 

“Will he really wait for me there?” Hanna wonders after she puckers her lips.

Hanna combs her hair and grabs her mini blue handbag. She wears her DW watch and goes downstairs. She spots her white sneakers and heads to the bus stop. 

 

On the way to the bus stop, she texts Yeri. 

“I'm going to meet the guy” 

She receives a reply almost immediately.

“U sure?” 

“He doesn’t seem like a bad person” 

“Update me” 

“My mom is not home maybe she'll come back late” 

“Better not take him home”

“U think I'm that stupid?!” 

“Who knows XD” 

“Also I think someone will move to the house next to me, just saw the moving truck parking near there” 

 

Eventually, Hanna arrives at the bus stop. She looks around for Jaebum but he's nowhere to be seen.

She glances at her watch and sighs. “I'll go to the convenient store for a bit,” Hanna mumbles at the same time as she feels a tap on the shoulder.

 

“Sorry for keeping you waiting.” A familiar voice speaks behind Hanna. She turns her body to see the source and there he is. Smiling at her with his signature grin. 

“Let’s go, shall we?” Giving her the pouch and taking her other hand, Jaebum escorts Hanna who can only trust him do nothing weird at this point.

 

Meanwhile, Joohyun is with Kai at a café near her house. Chanyeol had to ditch them because he already made a promise to meet another friend of his. 

“Here’s your coffee,” Kai hands her the drink. 

She hesitantly seizes it. “Why are you taking me away from Sehun? You know that he mustn't be with Hanna. He will get hurt again.” 

“If I don’t take you away from there, you will be the one who gets hurt,” Kai tells her in a serious tone.

Joohyun stares at his eyes which are filled with sincerity. 

“I love him, okay? He's the one who helped me get through my hard times. He's the one who helped me get free from my foolish self.” Joohyun deadpans, sounding a little rough. 

“But he still loves Hanna. He thinks by leaving her side her pain will ease. But he's wrong and now he knows. Please, stop being with him. It will only hurt you more.” Kai tries to reach for Joohyun's hand but she quickly backs away.

“I can’t and I won’t,” Joohyun looks away. 

“I'm doing this not only because I'm his friend. But… because I really like you. I like you more than Sehun does.''

Joohyun glares at him. “I hate when you say that, Kai. I don’t want to change our relationship. I like the way we are now and my heart is only for him.” She gives the drink back to him before she exits the café. 

Kai can only stare at the coffee blankly. It's gonna take a lot to convince her. He is frustrated since he just doesn’t want Joohyun to get hurt by her own feelings but he doesn't know how to. 

 

“Are u with him?” Yeri texts. “What r u doing?”

Hanna peeks at the phone; she texts a short li

Please log in to read the full chapter