Chapter 6

We Were In Love (사랑을 했다)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today's Friday and school period was longer than usual. It was a boiling summer and none of the students was having it.

“Why do we have P.E class on this hot day?” One of Hanna's classmates exasperated.

Hanna and Yeri were sitting on the floor, waiting for the teacher, mutely agreeing to his statement. Some guys were excitedly playing basketball while the girls were gossiping about some handsome guy at school. Hanna wasn't interested in that kind of topic and Yeri was busy texting her boyfriend.

Hanna hugged her knees, letting out a groan. “Why is the teacher not coming?!” Hanna shouted, very annoyed.

 

Suddenly a loud blow of a whistle was heard in the entire space.

A man in his thirties with P.E clothes entered the gym. “Today we have a mixed class with 2A and we're playing volleyball.” He announced, a group of students trailing behind him.

“Whoa. Look, that's Kai!” One of Hanna's classmates exclaimed.

The boy named Kai was crushing his knuckles, producing an effect of girls swooning over him, while the guy beside him which happened to be Sehun scanned the entire place and his eyes landed on a particular someone.

Hanna was busy talking with Yeri and they seemed to have a pleasant dialogue. Hanna laughed out about something, bringing a smile on Sehun’s face.

“Who is he looking at?” A girl by the name Yerin asked her friend Mina.

“I think he looked at us,” Mina said and quickly plastered a coy smile.

Yeri who was standing behind the two girls shook her head because she knew the one Sehun was eyeing was Hanna. But the said girl didn’t know about it as she was immersed in her stretching.

 

The teacher blew his whistle again and commanded. “Divide into four teams.”

Each class was divided into two and the two teams in each class were playing against each other. Yeri, Hanna, Mina, Yerin and two others girls were teaming up against Chaeyoung, Nayeon, Jiho and three other girls. The game began well with no incidents at all but when it reached the middle, it appeared that Chaeyoung's team was aiming at Hanna solely. She intentionally continued hurling the spherical object at her and everyone could see it.

Yeri couldn't take the repetitiveness so she shouted. “Hey! Son Chaeyoung! Why do you keep throwing the ball at Hanna? You hit her head twice already!”

Chaeyoung only tossed a nasty grin at her; Yeri could only scoff.

 

After class Hanna dragged Yeri to the sideline. She glared at the teacher because he didn't appear to have realized at all about what was going on.

“Why is she doing that? She's acting differently today. Someone must have hit her head or something.” Yeri whispered as she gave a deadly stare at the girl who targetted Hanna.

Chaeyoung didn't hide her eyes full of hatred from Hanna. Hanna herself had no clue why she was acting that way. Chaeyoung is known for being a well-mannered girl but something must have happened to her to change her demeanour.

 

Hanna was wiping her sweats on her forehead when someone came up to her. He pressed a mineral water on Hanna’s forehead to which Hanna flinched.

“Here’s… a cool drink for you.”

Hanna quickly raised her head. Her eyes widened when she was greeted by Sehun's face. She tried to walk away but he stopped her by grabbing her wrist. Yeri froze.

“Let go,” Hanna muttered rather harshly, struggling to break free. She gave him a displeased look. After he peered into her eyes, he loosened his grip, allowing her to slowly disappear from his sight.

 

“What exactly do you want from her?” Yeri took a sit on the bench and so did Sehun.

“I... I don’t know. I think... I am regretting what I did to her.” Sehun ruffled his hair from frustration.

“She can’t talk to you right now and you need to understand that,”

Sehun nodded his head in acknowledgement.

“Why did you leave her when she needed you?” Yeri asked, slightly annoyed.

Sehun couldn’t seem to answer the question.

“That day… She almost did something stupid.” Yeri confessed, causing Sehun to glance at her surprised in return.

“She ate dozens of sleeping pills to the point of overdose.

Please log in to read the full chapter