Chapter 16

We Were In Love (사랑을 했다)
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the leaves fall at the beginning of autumn, Hanna's last semester in that school is nearing its end. After this week, she will separate herself from her friends, including Sehun.

Sehun will go to Canada to continue his last year of high school there while Hanna will move back to Busan. She will continue her studies there and it's a better place for her mom to rest.

This week is the last moment they can spend time together, both of them harbour feelings of melancholic goodbyes and they both know it's not going to be a sugary type of farewell.

After a long time, they finally forgave each other. They finally talked to each other and let the past go. They promised to be happy together and not let the past make them suffer.

They promised to do well and find their own happiness with someone that loves them and that they love them. They promised to not shed tears and will cherish themselves more. They will let go of the past and let it be memories. They were just in love with each other in the past but their future was not meant to be.

 

On the school rooftop, Sehun and Hanna sit next to each other while gazing at the sky. The weather that day was really cloudless and sunny. The silence that befallen upon them for the first few seconds was not the uncomfortable one. They never felt more comfortable with each other like this before.

“When are you going to Canada?” Hanna asks Sehun. The breeze gently passes through their hair.

“Next Monday,” Sehun mutters. Inside, it feels really hard for him to leave the girl that he loves with all of his heart. He doesn't think he'll ever be ready but he must.

The girl he loves is happy and doing well with another guy, a guy who loves her more than anyone in this world. He changed her and makes her smile every day and he's the one that helped her forget about her hurtful past.

 

“I'm sorry about what happened in the past.” 

Hanna turns her head to him. She can feel the sincerity in his voice. A warm smile forms on her face. She leans for a gentle hug and pats his back.

“The moments when we were in love are the most beautiful memory of my entire life. I'll never regret loving you.” Hanna whispers; hearing that, Sehun hugs Hanna back. His heart aches so much.

He's definitely a fool to let a girl like Hanna go. But he can’t do anything about it anymore. She's now happy with her new love and that's what he wants.

 

“Let’s go to class now.” 

Sehun nods his head.

Hanna goes ahead of him. He just looks at her figure walking further away from him. A small smile is plastered on his face. At least everything is settled.

 

A week passes and Hanna wants to surprise Yeri for their last day. She taps on the other girl's shoulder. “Hey, Yeri.” Then, she sits in front of Yeri.

Please log in to read the full chapter