Chapter 12

We Were In Love (사랑을 했다)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has been a week since that day. Joohyun starts to return to school but she avoids bumping into Sehun. Kai's the one who always stays by her side. Not long after that, Sehun moves back to his new condo near his school and the house that Hanna mentioned before is now inhabited by a married couple.

Kai and Sehun relationship is getting nowhere. Kai is still angry with Sehun and Sehun also doesn’t want to make things worse so he decides not to irritate his friend.

Days and weeks pass quickly. Hanna and Sehun are getting along and Hanna is trying her best to accept Sehun's faults. She's trying to open her heart again after Sehun came to her house that night.

 

Flashback

 

Two days after Joohyun began to avoid Sehun, the guy arrives at Hanna's house to explain everything, feeling nervous and shaky. He knocks on the door a few times but there's no one to open the door.

Not long after that, Sehun hears a giggling voice from behind so he turns his head and sees Hanna and her mom just coming back from shopping. Hanna sees Sehun and then she gives him a faint smile. Hanna’s mom flashes a warm smile and invites him inside the house, aiming to make hot chocolate for the two.

 

“So, how are you? It’s been a while since you moved out last year. You grew up so fast.” Hanna’s mom adds, her smile is on her face.

Sehun scratches his neck, a feeling of awkwardness prevailing. “Yes, it’s been a really long time since I visited here.” 

“I'm really happy you stopped by. How is your parent doing?” Hanna’s mom asks again while Hanna just sits there watching both of them interact.

“They moved to Canada last month and I'm currently staying at a condo near the school.” 

“A condo, huh? Are you adjusting? Do you cook your own meals? You probably don't, do you?''

Sehun nods his head. “I eat lunch at school and for dinner, I often go to a restaurant with my friends.”

“Mom…” Hanna throws her mom a meaningful look.

The older woman catches on and rises up from her seat. “Alright, alright. I will leave both of you.” 

 

Once the two are alone, Hanna takes a pillow and hugs it. “What did you want us to talk about?”

Sehun focuses his eyes on her, ones that glisten in seriousness and conviction.

''I just want to tell you everything. Like, everything. Hear me out first and then you can judge me afterwards.” 

 

He inhales deeply before he commences.

“The first time I met you… I instantly liked you. You were different from other girls. While they showed off their new dresses, you went out and played with boys in the dirt. When girls were gossiping, you walked away from them and hung out with boys and playing head-flick-”

Sehun sighs.

“What I meant have I liked you since the first time I met you. But because of my cowardliness, I did something that left me guilty and regretful. I was afraid I might hurt you with the love I had for you. That day, when your dad was in the hospital, I came to visit.” Sehun looks up just to see that her eyes dodge Sehun’s. He continues.

“He asked me if I really love you or not. He said to me that your feelings toward me were to the fullest and he asked me if I have the conf

Please log in to read the full chapter