Trust Me On This...

I Wanna Be A Hero {discontinued}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Today is a special day for these students, as well as for Loona Unity High. For many years we’ve have built and advanced to protect citizens from all around the world, all at this school where our heroes are truly made. But of course, not only where those with powers are trained here, there is credit to our technicians on the battlefield..”
 

“You know, I thought this school was just for heroes and stuff, I didn’t think I’d have to continue core classes like Math and stuff.” Gowon whispers to Yerim, who has been paying close attention to the speaker.

“Didn’t you know? I mean yeah there’s people with powers in this school but, the  staff has those who quit on their power to become their engineers or technicians. We still have to learn certain things so we can actually understand what they’re telling us.” To this Gowon nodded simply and sat back in her seat.

 

“So that’s why those other guys are here..” She mumbled under her breath, although Yerim could still hear her. Yerim looked to the left of the courtyard, there she found both male and female students not wearing the same attire as the former.

 

Loona Unity High, if not clearly explained, still had its core curricular classes. Of course, this was a mixed high school for those who were special with power and then those who had a talented mind.

 

Those with the talented mind had thrown away their powers and resided to become the technicians. These  who were in charge of managing the virtual arenas or coordinated missions or creating the gadgets and uniforms for the official squads.

 

And of course those who gave up their power and couldn’t keep up with the stresses gave up entirely to go to a normal highschool.

 

There were a total of 7 girls that passed. Yerim can recall those who passed were: Gowon, Jiwoo, Yeojin, Heejin, and of course herself. She couldn’t remember the girl that came from section C and the other girl that passed with Jiwoo. Although upon looking around even further, she looked to their names that were displayed on a digital board to the right of where they were sitting. Their faces followed with their name.

 

The one with wide eyes was named Hyunjin, while as the girl from Section C was displayed as Olivia Hye. Yerim surmised the staff had given a separate name considering the screen showed what seemed to be a full name.

 

Yerim had probably zoned out the entire time that the time she tuned back in, Jungeun was on the stand giving a little speech.

 

“It’s an honor that I’ll be recognizing our first team for today.” She began with a slight chuckle, “Our two teams will consist of four members each.”

 

One of the advisors at the ceremony talked to them beforehand, the girls would get up on stage and receive a badge that’d clip on to their regular clothes (told to be worn at all times), also before the ceremony they had already received their uniforms. Which had the white blouse with corset, skirt etched with your time of training (this would be frequently replaced as years go by).

 

Yerim was beyond confused what special material or power these ‘uniforms’ had considering they seemed more showy and fashionable than protective. She’d have to ask her teammates or Jungeun later.

 

“Although you may notice, there is only 7 of you here.” Jungeun motioned towards us. “That is why, I’d like to welcome back Loona Unity High’s original longest trained student, ViVi.” A girl with pale skin with black hair climbed onto stage, she wore the same uniform but had a sword latched to her hip. She looked foreign to Yerim.

 

From where she sat she could see a golden 8 etched to the side. It was only one year above Yves, but why hasn’t this ViVi girl been back? Or why hasn’t Yerim seen her?

 

“She’ll be the leader of our first group today. And that team will consist of Loona Hero 3’s: Heejin, Hyunjin, and Yeojin.

 

Applause was dispersed amongst them. The aforementioned three climbed up to stage and received a badge that was the size of their palms. A shiny golden symbol of Loona Unity High.

 

“Students, let me introduce you to Loona Unity Hero’s Execution A team; Myriad 0”

 

Claps and cheers came from the crowd. It struck Yerim silly of a name shown as My0 displayed on the screen.

 

Once it had stopped, My0 came back to sit in their respective chairs. ViVi, their leader, sat at the far end with Heejin. With process of elimination, Yerim knew who was in her team.

 

“And now for our second and last addition to the execution team.” Jungeun looked down to the paper “May I have 2nd Years: Choerry, Jiwoo, Gowon and 5th Year: Olivia Hye  step up to the platform?”

 

It was then their cue to walk onto stage to receive their badges. She overheard Gowon rambling again. Probably how she assumed Olivia was going to be their main leader considering her seniority.

 

“Heroes, let me introduce you to our final execution squad, Execution B Team: Maraud Blitz.” A chuckle was heard from the 5th year as well as a shared smile between the 2nd years. They looked to the screen display. It was stylized as MaBl, could be read as Mable.

 

Once the applaud had gone and the rest of the ceremony had finished. The designated new teams would move to a dorm to live with Uni-Q,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter