What Made Me

I Wanna Be A Hero {discontinued}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: italics in this mass represent a flashback

___

“Watch for our tsunami, Sooyoung!” A little blonde girl yells towards a brunette, she’s seen with another girl running beside her. The other girl, with her raven hair tied in low pigtails, looks as fired up as the blonde.

 

“No fair! How the heck do you two have the same power?!” A tall brunette in comparison to the little ones chasing her runs in fear. Her inability to balance the glass bottles in her hands prevents her to phase the water users following.

 

Three little girls can be seen running back and forth across a lake, the sky filled with cooler hues as they’d played all day. It was sunset now and the soaked brunette was going to end up with a cold if she didn’t dry herself.

 

“You should’ve seen us here last time! Wasn’t it so cool, Hyejoo?” The blonde tells the raven haired girl, she eagerly nods.

 

“We split the lake in half practically!” Hyejoo mused. The tallest of the three came to a stop and went down to her knees, she had run out of breath and was completely soaked in water that came from the former two.

 

“You guys practically trained for your power though! Least mine’s unique.” The taller, soaked girl teases sticking her tongue out with arms crossed.

 

“Say it all you want, Sooyoung! You should’ve went to the dojo with me and Jinsoul.” Hyejoo flashes a smile, Sooyoung only grumbles.

 

“Yeah but my power has more variety..” Sooyoung mumbles, she’s gathering tinder and wood. She puts this down in between rocks and stones the three assembled earlier. Looking through her satchel that was way too oversize considering she was simply 12 years old at that time. A growth spurt did not come to her until middle school and that was when Jinsoul stopped teasing her height.

 

Jinsoul was the same age whilst Hyejoo was only 10 at the time. The younger two watched as Sooyoung steadily and carefully mixed many of the colored fluids in her bag, ultimately creating a red-orange mixture. She swirled it continuously until she finally splashed it over the wood. There was no expected reaction.

 

“That’s it? What’d you do to-” Jinsoul was sticking her head way too close to the wood and it took Sooyoung and Hyejoo to yank her back timely when the wood suddenly erupted in flames.

 

“Unnie! You nearly burned yourself!” Hyejoo whines as she inspects Jinsoul as if it were a mother consoling her child. Jinsoul and Sooyoung share a laugh.

 

“Don’t worry, Hyejoo. I’m fine.” Jinsoul and Sooyoung always knew Hyejoo to be the worrisome one of the trio. It was a good thing too, if it weren’t for Hyejoo, Jinsoul would’ve accidentally drowned herself the past four times trying to pull off some water trick she wanted to show off to the other kids that stopped by the lake.

 

“You’re always going to be like this aren’t you, Hyejoo?” Sooyoung ruffles Hyejoo’s hair, which again causes a fuss out of the youngest.

 

“I don’t want my unnies hurt, alright?” She mumbles as she sits on a conveniently placed rock, Jinsoul and Sooyoung take seat so that Hyejoo is in between them. On cue, the elder two clutch at their chests as if their hearts had been attacked.

 

“What? What’s this? Little Hyejoo really does care!” Sooyoung says making exasperated sounds. “Truly, we are blessed, Sooyoung!” Jinsoul adds on.

 

“Oh shut up!” Hyejoo slaps the two on their arms in attempts to make them quit at their teasing, eventually they did.

 

“Okay okay, seriously though. Can you promise us you’ll always be a sweet Hyejoo like this? No matter what?” Sooyoung nudges Hyejoo who is taken aback by such a sudden promise.

 

“What kind of promise is that? It doesn’t even have to be a promise! I’m always and will always be like this, Sooyoung!” Again, the younger girl has her arms crossed with a pout.

 

“Promise us anyways, no harm done right?” Jinsoul sticks out her pinky finger and Sooyoung does the same.

 

Hyejoo looks to the two back and forth, still perplexed what was the hidden meaning between all of it. Although, unfortunately, with her young age and young mind, she won’t be able to understand it until later in life.

But she does grab onto their pinkies, giggling with them as they sit around the campfire. It was a summer memory, a memory Sooyoung hopes Hyejoo hasn’t forgotten.

 

----

“Do you think she forgot about it?” Sooyoung says suddenly, nonchalantly to Jinsoul. Jinsoul, who’s been reading on the other bed sighs.

 

The former is laying on her own bed, Jinsoul is sitting up on the other. It’s almost like a therapy session was in play, Sooyoung would often say things out of the blue this if it were troubling her.

 

She was the type to keep in her problems, though she did trust her teammates, everything built up would spill in a single hit. Jinsoul was taking the blow this time.

 

Jinsoul, who’s been friends with both Olivia and Yves, feels responsible to settle this internal conflict between the two. Of course she gets the context of her words, “She better have not, I miss our little Hyejoo.” She jokes at first, but quickly frowns seeing Sooyoung not replicate her smile.

 

“Seriously though, she couldn’t have. She isn’t forgetful.” Jinsoul reassured Sooyoung. Hearing no response, she walks over to sit at the edge of Sooyoung’s bed, facing her.

 

“I don’t get it, she’s mad a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter