Into The Desert

I Wanna Be A Hero {discontinued}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello..back with a late update. This chapter is really a tease, but next chapter is reaLLY going to progress a lot but as for today, you'll get it

“Alright, I need your undivided attention now.” Jiwoo tensed up, it was happening.

 

Her eyes that previously scanned the metallic walls lined with statistics and maps, look to the front. Holographic screens popping up then disappearing to be replaced with other ones.

 

Jiwoo really has walked into the future. Or just see how life has become since then.

 

It was like she walked into a vault. Arson, their supposed supervisor led them to the headmaster’s office then down a staircase hidden away behind a bookshelf. Smart.

 

Twelve girls now stood before Arson and the headmaster. The old man clasped his hands together and held it close to his lips. He seemed to be eyeing every single girl in the room. The execution unit.

 

The other units; defense and observation, have already gone ahead to secure the area of their first mission.

 

“Welcome, My0 and MaBl..it’s come to the day you eight join Uni-Q in an excavation mission.” The headmaster started, sitting up in his chair and touching the screen seeming to be embedded into the table.

 

Holographic models came up in mid air, 3D models of a building built of marble and quartz. Roman styled clearly for the arches and statues decorated around it. The shrubbery around is worn out.

 

It would be a beautiful to sight to Jiwoo. But the only fault there is, it’s a ruin. The plants clinging along the walls. It was devastating actually, how statues of gods and goddesses were missing their limbs or maybe even their head. They were shrines the Romans respected, but history happened. We all know what happened then.

 

“There are rumors surfacing that an anonymous group can control mutants, tame them an such. Their ringleader is still unknown as this group had only been seen once every full moon perhaps. Or that how the rumor goes.” The headmaster spoke.

 

Jiwoo stood with MaBl and could feel Yerim tense up beside her. Jiwoo was frightened already even though she hasn’t stepped one foot into the battlefield. What kind of people could control mutants like that? It could only mean the mutant’s creator..

 

Jiwoo looked to Hyejoo who didn’t seem bothered by this news at all, just a simple blank stare. Jiwoo knew she could control them but..that couldn’t mean anything could it?

 

“Your job today is to clear the mutants on site, if you ever come across those anonymous members or see anything suspicious, please report it to the observation team.” All twelve girls nodded in unison.

 

This was their first mission.

 

~~~

 

Jiwoo found the silence in the train a bit tight, with no one bothering to dare look at one another or reveal a comforting look.

 

Haseul seemed to also pick up on this, she let out a sigh and spoke, “Observation team notified me that these mutants are nothing to worry about. Nothing like training, they’ll be a piece of cake.”

 

“Don’t sugar coat this, Haseul. You know what those things are capable of, low class or not.” Sooyoung snapped at Haseul and the former fell silent once more.

 

“Always be on guard, everyone. The observation team also notified us that we should be weary, since it’s rumored they were trained or controlled by that anon group, we don’t know what to expect.” Sooyoung continued.

 

“And on the battlefield, we address each other by our given names. Depends if the staff had changed it. So Hyejoo is Olivia, Chaewon as Gowon, Yerim to Choerry, you get the pattern. Since those are registered names to the other units and it would be much easier for communication.” When Sooyoung finished, the other eleven nodded. Once more, silence was currently the clear enemy.

 

After a few painstaking minutes, they arrived to said site. The horrified Roman ruin. When the execution team stepped out they were greeted by the observation and defense team. The defense team had already set up their barriers to protect the observation unit’s equipment as such to study the mutants Jiwoo was about to face.

 

A younger male stepped from the crew and talked to Sooyoung and informed her once more to be cautious of the mutants.

 

When Jiwoo looked outside of the barrier, she saw mostly recognizable feline mutants. Leopards, lions, and tigers. They were scattered about so she couldn’t get a count of it all. But the ruin seem to be producing the mutants, the mutants this time did appear off.

 

Instead of the coursing red veins they had, they were green. Their eyeballs clouded with a lavender hue.

 

“You picked up on it quickly, haven’t you Jiwoo?” Yves is standing next to her, observing also from inside the barrier. “Tell me, what do you see.”

 

“Green veins...and their eyes aren’t bloodshot, they’re just this light violet color.” Jiwoo’s ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter