I'm Gonna Be A Hero!

I Wanna Be A Hero {discontinued}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

no proofreading like usual so uhh enjoy!

~~~~

“Me! I’m gonna be a hero!” Jiwoo raised her voice. Chuckles dispersed across the classroom. To her realization, she had been sleeping in class and had interrupted the class lecture of identifying enemies.

 

“Kim Jiwoo! Enough of your nonsense! You’ll never be a hero if you keep slacking off like this!” Her teacher scolded, still with many laughs being shared in the room. “One more outburst like that, I’ll kick you out faster than you went to sleep in my class!” The class cooed at her teacher’s criticism.  

 

Jiwoo merely nodded and sighed. She wished her dreams weren’t always saving the world from catastrophes. More specifically those that made her shout her final words in class. She let her head hit the table as her teacher continued on with the lecture.

 

Loona Unity High, only for those who were gifted. Gifted as in, they had super powers. Jiwoo’s was the power of nature. At her own will she could control plants in the surrounding area or have them grow out of nowhere. She wouldn’t have it any other way if she were to be honest.

 

The petite girl first discovered of her powers when she was helping her mother tend to the garden. She was helping her mother plant strawberries, or really she grew the strawberries for her mother. Jiwoo didn’t do much as lay a finger on the little leaves of the strawberry plant and out grew several ripe, sparkling strawberries.

 

Her mother couldn’t believe her daughter had been gifted with a such a resourceful power. Ever since then she ‘trained’ this power, or really just helped her mother in her garden by making plants grow. Her skill evolved where weed like plants and vines would come to her use whenever. Ever since then her parents knew she had to be enrolled in this highschool.

 

Loona Unity High was a school for little “loonatic newbies” like her to learn and train to be a hero. The world knew of this school, and anyone gifted across the world would transfer to this school.

 

Anyone could acquire some sort of powers around the younger ages 3-7. Your power would start off small, weak, and uncontrolled. It was up to you and your parents to decide whether they would strengthen that power. Loona Unity High already had strong connections across the globe, almost every school below highschool had program strengthening or maintaining your powers until you enrolled to LUH.

 

Say you didn’t want your child to have this power and live a normal life without super powers. That was fine. Loona Unity provided an antidote to suppress these powers and soon would vanish without any mishaps.

 

Loona Unity wasn’t all that different from other schools, it still worked in its usual core classes such as math, language arts, science, physical education, and history. But everyone had a class specifically designating on drills or procedures to take when mutant creatures invaded the school or surrounding city or had gotten out of hand on the training grounds.

 

See, you could actually make yourself a living by enrolling full time into the Hero Academy course. But you’d have to do extra training and go under various tests to see if you’d fit in well.

 

Jiwoo didn’t hesitate when first hearing this from her classmate, Haseul, who had the power of snow. She could manipulate and create objects of snow and/or ice at her will no matter the weather. Though she was weakened in the summer for obvious reasons.

 

Haseul was a proud member of the Hero Academy course, three years training in the academy plus the two years before she found it out, she’d say those five years were worth it.

 

Seniority is ranked how long you trained since enrolling. There weren’t terms such as senior, junior, sophomore, or freshmen. Simply they’d address you either as, “Loona Year #” or “Loona Hero Year #” depending on if one was in the Hero Academy or not.

 

Someone could live their entire life in Loona Unity High, considering there was a university extension recently added, dormitory too.

 

Jiwoo has seen many people come and go from Loona Unity High. She’s seen people drop out and quit on their first year. Mostly because they said it simply wasn’t for them. The staff would give the suppresssors and off they went to live a normal life.

 

Jiwoo has been training for two years now and has gotten used to LUH’s twists and turns. Today she was looking forward to when her class could finally go onto the training grounds for combat practice.

 

~~~~

 

“Unnie!” She shouted to Haseul, who was on the training site. Haseul looked over and waved at her. Jiwoo noticed she was dressed in some sort of costume, or attire.

 

Haseul wore a slightly steampunk themed attire. She wore a white collared dress shirt paired with a black corset worn over it. Along with it she wore a black skirt with the number 5 etched in yellow-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter