Chapter 2

Escaping the Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prince Donghae woke up to the soft movement of Prince Eunhyuk’s chest as he breathed in his sleep. He realized that Eunhyuk slept with one arm under his pillow and with the other arm loosely draped over Donghae’s lower back. Donghae tried to move out of Eunhyuk’s grasp but failed to untangle their legs. He pouted as he wanted to go to the bathroom and freshen up. The kings and queens would be having breakfast with them before departing to their own kingdoms. Donghae found no option but to wake Eunhyuk up.

“Eunhyuk, wake up” he tapped Eunhyuk’s shoulder. Eunhyuk’s relaxed face tensed up slightly, he made a sound and went back to sleep

“Eunhyuk, wake up” he lightly tapped Eunhyuk’s cheek this time. Eunhyuk groaned and forced one eye open.

“Wake up sleeping beauty” Donghae teased. Eunhyuk retracted his arm and flipped his body so that his stomach was on the bed. He folded both arms under the pillow and turned his head the opposite way. Donghae leaned up and looked over at Eunhyuk, who was fast asleep. He sighed and got out of bed, quickly entering the shower. He completed his morning routine and walked back into the room in a bathrobe and slippers. His hair was wrapped up in a towel. Donghae was humming a soft tune while he picked out the outfit for today’s event. Since he was meeting the kings and queens of both kingdoms he needed to look polished and well dressed. Once Donghae was dressed he walked over to Eunhyuk, who was still sleeping.

“Hey, you’re gonna wanna wake up or else you’re gonna rush to the breakfast we have with the Kings and Queens.” Donghae shook Eunhyuk lightly. Eunhyuk once again responded with a groan and opened both eyes this time. He rubbed them and asked, “what time is it?”

“Around 7:45, the kings and queens won’t be here ‘till 8:30. Go shower and get dressed” Donghae instructed. Eunhyuk sat up to force himself awake. He yawned and stretched before getting out of bed, making his way towards the shower. Donghae was downstairs in the kitchen when Eunhyuk was done.

“So what do vampires eat? Do they have a special diet? Are there things they can’t eat?”

“Yes Prince Donghae, there are no limitations for the average vampire, even more so for elite vampires such as Prince Eunhyuk. It’s required that vampires drink the blood of either animal or human once per month.” Prince Eunhyuk overheard the butlers response to Prince Donghae. Eunhyuk’s heart warmed at the thought of Donghae wanting to learn more about his kind.

“Once a month? Do you know the last time Eu- Prince Eunhyuk drank blood?” Donghae caught himself

“I suppose it’s been two to three weeks since then. It would be better to ask Prince Eunhyuk himself” the Butler looked behind Prince Donghae.

“Oh, you’re done?” Donghae turned around and smiled at Eunhyuk

“Yeah, what’s this about?”

“I’m just curious, especially since I know nothing about your kind. Plus I don’t wanna say or do anything offensive in front of the King and Queen of the Kingdom of Void, not your people.”

“Hmmm...” Eunhyuk looked dazed as if he wasn’t completely there. Donghae grabbed his arm and brought him out of the kitchen.

“When was the last time you drank blood?” Donghae asked

“About three weeks ago,”

“Are you gonna have to drink my blood now that we’ve bonded?” He asked

“Yes, but I won’t be needing a lot of it. I can always find another human or..”

“No,” Donghae blushed at how quickly he rejected the idea of Eunhyuk’s lips on someone else’s skin, “I don’t mind” he quietly said. Eunhyuk raised his eyebrow at Donghae’s reaction and quickly dismissed it by saying okay.

They walked to the front gate where they welcomed the King and Queen of both Kingdoms.

“King Junsu, Queen Yoochun, it is a pleasure to have dinner with you,” Prince Donghae bowed at his in-laws

“Likewise” the Queen smiled at Prince Donghae, “but dear, it’s breakfast time,” the queen chuckled. Donghae’s eyes widened in a horrified manner and he quickly apologized and fixed his mistake.

“I see the boy’s still as clumsy as ever” Queen Jaejoong, the Queen of the Kingdom of Light, smiled towards her son.

As they moved to the large dining table, where all of the food had been set up, King Yunho asked: “how is he so far?”

“He’s awfully curious, and very well informed,” Prince Eunhyuk replied.

“That’s good to hear, not many people are fond of his intellect,” King Yunho said, patting Prince Eunhyuk’s back.

“Now tell us, when should we expect news of a grandchild?” Queen Jaejoong asked. Donghae’s eyes widened, “Mom!” He whispered to his mother. Eunhyuk thought it was rather cute how Donghae’s face was flushed red.

They laughed at Donghae’s antics. They sat around the table and conversed to get to know one another. They put their titles aside and tried to be as comforting as possible. When breakfast came to an end, Donghae felt sad to know that his parents were leaving. Eunhyuk’s parents were leaving as well, but Donghae has always been one to get attached to others quickly. Eunhyuk, being as perceptive as usual had noticed the change in Donghae’s mood.

“We’ll visit your home as often as you’d like,” he offered to brighten Donghae’s mood. And it worked, because immediately then Donghae looked up at Eunhyuk and jumped to give him a hug, repeatedly saying thank you. Eunhyuk liked the feeling. A lot.

 

 

A while later, the two princes arranged for the first council meeting to take place. The council m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter