Chapter 4

Escaping the Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If you’re gonna kiss me, do it properly,” Donghae said before crashing their lips. Eunhyuk was surprised by the boldness of Donghae, but he definitely didn’t mind the kiss. If it hadn’t been for the need to breathe, they would’ve never stopped. They didn’t even realize how their position had changed, both were laying on the bed, with Donghae’s back on the bed and Eunhyuk’s ontop of Donghae’s. Donghae’s hooded eyes, swollen lips and the shirt gasps of air he let out from them, and the disheveled hair did something to Eunhyuk. He needed to claim Donghae now.

“I wanted to wait ‘till you were ready, but it looks like you’ve been ready” Eunhyuk went in for another kiss. He then trailed kissed on Donghae’s jawline and face while the latter encircled his legs around Eunhyuk, bringing them closer. They could both feel their bodies rubbing against one another, and it was the most pleasurable yet torturous feeling.

“Hyuk...” Donghae gasped, “I need you,” he said in a soft whisper, pulling Eunhyuk in for another kiss. Trying to be as gentle as possible, Eunhyuk complied.

Donghae woke up the following morning, snuggled tightly into Eunhyuk’s arms. He felt content as if life was complete. It was a lot later than when they usually woke up, but since they were late already, Donghae decided to bask in the moment. Donghae wondered if Eunhyuk would wake up with a kiss. He suddenly felt shy at the thought of kissing Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk woke up a few minutes later, noticing that Donghae was awake too. He lowered his head and planted a surprise kiss on Donghae’s nose. They both felt a stronger connection between them.

Donghae let out a giggle before saying, “good morning sleeping beauty”

Eunhyuk laughed and kissed Donghae, “are you able to get up?”

“Yeah? Why wouldn’t I be able to?” Donghae asked before trying to get up. As soon as he tried to sit up, the sharp pain in his lower back caused him to yelp. Donghae almost cried, the pain was too much. He shot a glare towards Eunhyuk, who gave him a small, guilty smile.“I didn’t know I was gonna be in so much pain afterwards” he pouted 

“It’ll go away, I’ll give you medicine, do you wanna take a bath first?”

“I can’t move” Donghae pouted grumpily, not noticing that Eunhyuk had gotten up to go to the bathroom and had already begun to fill up the bath. “What’re you doing?” He asked when Eunhyuk placed his hands around Donghae’s back and under he knees, “Taking you to the bathroom so that you can get all cleaned up?”

“But I’m not wearing anything,” Donghae said shyly

“Neither am I, plus, you’re gonna take a bath with clothes on?”

“This is embarrassing” Donghae hid his face behind his hands 

“You weren’t embarrassed last night” Eunhyuk smirked at his adorable husband, finally lifting him

“Oh my god Eunhyuk stop” Donghae dug his head into Eunhyuk’s bare chest, “I must be so heavy”

“On the contrary, you’re rather light” Eunhyuk said 

“That’s your vampire powers working then”

“That has nothing to do with this, anyways, I’m going to lower you in, okay?” Eunhyuk said when they approached the bathtub. Donghae nodded.

“Are you feeling better?” He asked after Donghae had adjusted to the bath water

“The warm water is helping, but it’s still painful” Donghae replied 

“Let me look for the medicine, I know someone put it here on our wedding night,” Eunhyuk said 

“That’s so embarrassing” 

“I mean what can we say, we just got married, and we're young.” Eunhyuk walked away and chuckled when Donghae let out a shriek.

“Do you want me to help you put it on?” Eunhyuk said when he came back with a tube of medicine in his hand 

“I’m sure I can manage,”

After Donghae has properly cleaned himself and put on the medicine, Eunhyuk took a shower. The pain was more tolerable now and Donghae was able to get dressed. He needed to change the sheets as well. When they were both ready, they headed down to the kitchen. Eunhyuk had his arm naturally resting on Donghae’s waist as if to show the world that Donghae was his. He didn’t know where this sense of possessiveness came from. He certainly wasn’t like this before he met Donghae. Oh, the things the Human Prince did to him. Donghae, on the other hand, was leaning his body on Eunhyuk’s as they walked. He held the back of Eunhyuk’s shirt as if showing his dependency on Eunhyuk. 

After Donghae and Eunhyuk ate a late brunch, they headed towards the council meeting room for their council meeting. They had been lucky to make it at the arranged time.

“Today’s Meeting is officially beginning. Sungmin are you ready?” Prince Donghae said authoritatively 

“Yes, I’m ready” he nodded, ready to write all the details of the meeting.

“Kyuhyun, from the Kingdom of Void, what did they say about the reimbursement project?” Prince Eunhyuk asked this project was placed first on his agenda.

“They have agreed to it, the King and Queen are well aware of their position in this truce between humans and vampires, therefore they are trusting in your decisions,” Kyuhyun responded

“Very well,” Prince Eunhyuk spoke, “And Sungmin what did the Kingdom of Light say about the reimbursement project?”

“They’ve also agreed,” Sungmin replied, Prince Eunhyuk nodded. They spoke more about the politics of each kingdom, and the meeting was about to be wrapped up.

“Have there been any reports of crimes or the like in either kingdom?” Prince Donghae asked

“There is some movement within certain areas of both kingdoms, however, it does not seem to pose a threat as of now” Ryeowook answered

“Yesung, Ryeowook, I want you two to go undercover together and figure out what exactly is going on. Report to me on a nightly basis. Start with the Human Kingdom of Light first.” Prince Eunhyuk instructed

 

Ryeowook is a human boy who, all his life, had lived in fear of vampires. To say the least, he didn’t know a thing about vampires except for what he had recently learned. Ryeowook fear came from the bullies in his elementary and middle school years. His bullies often use vampires as a method to scare the young Ryeowook into doing their chores or giving them his homework. It lasted until Ryeowook’s family moved, as their father got a new job as the castles gateman. It was an honorable job, but for Ryeowook, it meant that he would have to see the vampires that occasionally visit.

The two times he ever saw a vampire was once when they declared war to be over, and the second time when his favorite hyung got married to one. Human or not, Ryeowook would never forgive the vampire if anything were to happen to Prince Donghae. The more time Ryeowook spent in the castle, the more he realized the the vampires were not as bad as he had made them out to be. But Yesung was a peculiar vampire. He was quiet and a bit weird. He didn’t speak much nor did he hold a great presence when the others were around. But he gave off this cool, calm and collected vibe.

Ryeowook was glad though, if the humans found Yesung to stand out their plans would be immediately found out. Ryeowook was loyal, even though he was afraid of vampires, he decided to follow Prince Donghae to the middle castle. Even though he was afraid, he would cooperate and work with a vampire to ensure Donghae of safety. After the meeting, Ryeowook asked Yesung to stay behind, they had some planning to do.

“So from the meeting, we know that these five places reported suspicious movement. Let’s have this be our course of movement. Well go from Lunaris, a human city, which is closest to this castle in terms of the troubled areas. Then the port Aramoor, which is eighty miles north and forty miles east, will be our next destination. After that we’ll need to take a br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter