Chapter 7

Escaping the Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook was currently looking out the window, he had nothing better to do as Yesung and he were traveling from Blexey to Merkaz. Yesung was quietly, as always, observing the world outside.

What even goes on inside his head? Ryeowook sighed, he thought about the people back in Merkaz. He had spent the least amount of time in his new home but that didn’t mean that the time he spent there meant nothing to him. He liked working, but he also liked having his friends close byby. In the time he spent with Yesung, the past two months, traveling from one place to the next and trying to investigate suspicious activity, he had learnt a lot about his partner. They became good friends but Ryeowook didn’t think they could be anything more than that.

“How much longer before we’re there?” Yesung, for once, said

“We just passed the border of Merkaz, it’ll take us at most an hour before we’re at the castle gates,” Ryeowook said. Prince Eunhyuk had arranged a ride for the two of them from Blexey to Merkaz.

“Oh, okay,” Yesung replied and went back to staring outside. Ryeowook on the other hand began thinking about their research.

Donghae woke up in an empty bed, it was the first time it happened and he knew he hated it. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, trying to get oriented.

“Hyuk? Where are you?” He asked

“In the bathroom Hae, I woke up a bit earlier and decided to get some work done, I just finished washing up,” Eunhyuk said while stepping out of the bathroom.

Donghae got out of bed and hugged Eunhyuk, “What’s wrong?” Eunhyuk asked

“Nothing, I just didn’t like not seeing you first thing,” Donghae said looking up at Eunhyuk, causing Eunhyuk to release a small chuckle

“Why don't you wash up and get ready? We can cuddle until you’re hungry,” he offered

Donghae smiled widely and pecked Eunhyuk before bringing clothes and a towel with him to the bathroom. He stood in front of the full body mirror, stark , as he observed the changes in his body. He had found out he was pregnant a few months ago, to be exact 16 weeks and two days ago. This would mean that he is 20 weeks and 2 days pregnant. His baby bump was more than prominent and it had caused him a lot of problems. He wanted more than anything to tell the world of the new life he carried, but Eunhyuk had suggested that it wasn’t a good idea until they figured out what the suspicious activity in both kingdoms were. But they decided to come out about the pregnancy in Donghae’s eight month, the only people who would know would be the council members, the maids and butlers, as well as the king and queen of each kingdom.

Once Donghae was fully dressed after the shower, he walked out with a towel wrapped around his hair.

“Hae, guess what?” Eunhyuk asked from his study table.

“What?” Donghae replied, ruffling his hair

“Ryeowook and Yesung are coming back! They’re arriving in half an hour,” Eunhyuk shared

“Oh my god really? This is great! Then today’s meeting is going to be extra long,” Donghae’s voice went from being enthusiastic to disappointed.

“Awh, Hae, don’t be like that, I’ll have the maids bring a large portion of whatever you’re craving today,” Eunhyuk tried to negotiate from his seat

“They just tire me out,” he sighed, “but okay, you promised me corn, I really want corn today,”

“Corn it is, alright then, let’s go downstairs and get the day started,” Eunhyuk got up and made his way towards Donghae, putting his arm around the small of Donghae’s back.

They walked downstairs to the dining area and found that they were the first to arrive. Slowly, one by one, the other council members made their way to the dining table for breakfast. The maid informed them about the days meal plan.

“Today’s breakfast consists of an avocado-egg toasted sandwich, with a side of blueberry yogurt, two fruits of your choice, and yes Kyuhyun-ssi you have to eat two and I will be making sure everyone gets their nutrients. For drinks we have coffee, tea and organic juices, once again, we do not serve alcoholic beverages in the morning” The maid said at a pace that was quick enough not to take too much time but slow enough for everyone to know what to expect.

“Breakfast will be served in a few minutes, in the meantime please drink water as it will help with digestion throughout the day,” she said before bowing and exiting the dining area to monitor the kitchen.

The maids and chefs of Merkaz were well informed on the maintenance of the health of the two princes as well as the council members. It was their job to make sure that everyone was getting all of their nutrients and staying hydrated, as they would often forget with their workload. The maids also made sure that all of their health issues were addressed and maintaine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter