Chapter 1

Escaping the Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The marriage ceremony was held the day the new castle was built. The ceremony was done to accommodate for both vampire and human rituals. Both princes were dressed in tuxedos. Prince Donghae was dressed in an off white, cream tuxedo with a velvet black tie. Prince Eunhyuk was dressed in a velvet black tuxedo, with an off white, cream tie. Both princes were handsome, and looked even more so when they were standing together. 

The first human custom was marital vows and the ring exchange. A little girl wearing a white dress walked up to the alter to Prince Donghae’s side, holding an open box. Having practiced the night before, Donghae expertly took out the ring, without fumbling of course, and slid it onto Prince Eunhyuk’s ring finger. The little girl walked over to Prince Eunhyuk and presented him with the box. He pulled out the ring and put it on Prince Donghae’s ring finger without thinking much of the ceremony. 

“Do you, The Vampire Prince of the Kingdom of Void, Eunhyuk, take The Human Prince of the Kingdom of Light, Donghae, as your lawfully wedded husband?” 

“I do.” 

“And do you, The Human Prince of the Kingdom of Light, Donghae, take The Vampire Prince of the Kingdom of Void, Eunhyuk, as your lawfully wedded husband?” 

“I do.” 

“Then you may kiss your spouse.” 

This human custom was one the Prince Eunhyuk could never understand. Why would you ever taste the human and never bite into him? That’s practically torture. Casting his thoughts aside, Prince Eunhyuk braced himself for the kiss. Since Prince Donghae was slightly shorter, he tilted the other princes head upwards with his fingers and pressed a light kiss on the soft lips of the Human Prince. It tastes like vanilla. 

 

Then began the vampire customs. 

Eunhyuk was well aware of what was happening. Every vampire was only able to bond once. He could not bond to any other being after being bonded to the Human Prince. But he would have to salvage everything for the sake of his people, for the sake of peace. Right after the kiss, Donghae had been told that the other Prince would bite into the base of the side of his neck. That was a vampire custom for vampires that were bonding. The bite mark is always done by the alpha in the relationship. In this relationship only Prince Eunhyuk was able to do so. Prince Donghae had been nervous about the pain that came with the bite. Prince Eunhyuk ed the collar of Prince Donghae’s dress shirt, and pressed his hand at the base of Prince Donghae’s neck. Prince Donghae made a soft noise when shut his eyes and leaned his head towards Prince Eunhyuk’s hand. Prince Eunhyuk noticed the nervousness of the other Prince. 

“Relax Prince Donghae, it’ll only be a pinch” He whispered softly at the nervous prince. 

Prince Donghae nodded, and regained his posture. Eunhyuk’s hand left the base of his neck and both hands grabbed his shoulders. Prince Eunhyuk angled his head properly and bit into the base of Prince Donghae’s neck, a little as a bit of blood gushed out. Even his blood is sweet. 

 

Prince Donghae unknowingly shut his eyes again and grabbed Prince Eunhyuk’s arm. Donghae felt strange, a bit dizzy and a bit confused, he looked at Prince Eunhyuk and remembered where he was. No one told him the side effects of the bonding on a human, most likely because this was the first bonding between a human and a vampire. 

“Are you okay, Prince Donghae?” Prince Eunhyuk asked, looking straight at Prince Donghae. 

“Yes, albeit faint, I feel fine.” He replied quickly 

 

Both princes faced the crowd that had been watching the ceremony. Prince Donghae put on a smile despite the weird sensation he felt in his body. He and Prince Eunhyuk waved to the crowd as the vampires and humans cheered. They walked hand in hand down the alter and walked up to the two kings that had been seated in the center with their respective spouses on the sides. The two princes bowed at the kings and queens. 

“I congratulate both princes upon their marriage. May our world finally be at peace” King Yunho spoke  

“May we never lose the lives of our precious peoples again through war.” King Junsu spoke. 

The ballroom, which was filled with only the most prestigious and powerful families of both kingdoms, cheered. The newly married couple was seated in between the thrones of the two kings, as the space for them had been made. 

Prince Donghae was feeling better after Prince Eunhyuk held his. He felt the weird sensation throughout his body when Prince Eunhyuk let go of his hand as they sat down in their respective seats. 

After eating, the guests had ushered the two princes to dance at least once before they retired for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter