The Broken Promise

The Last Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Namjoon looked suprised. "You guys know each other? That's good-"

V quickly turned to glare at Namjoon. He looked furious. "No. It's not good." He hissed. "Why did you recruit him?!"

Namjoon held his hands up in a surrendering manner. "Chill, bro. I'm just following the orders."

"Hey, aren't you happy to see me? I thought you like me? Wow. I didn't know we will meet here. So you are a student here, huh?" Suga looked impressed.

V's attention directed towards Suga. He frowned. "You are not supposed to be here, hyung."

Suga cocked his head. "Why?"

V sighed. "Nevermind. Let's just leave this place." He said as he went to grab Suga's hand to take him anywhere but this school. Suga instantly pulled his hand away and folded his arms. "I'm not leaving here without any explanations." Suga said as he stared at him, demanding an explanation.

"Hyung!" V sounded desperate.

"Hey, V. What's the problem? At least explain." Jin interrupted, not understanding the situation.

V ignored him. His attention mainly focused on Suga. "Hyung, I will explain later but let's leave here first, yeah?" He said, trying to coax Suga.

"No." Suga remained stubborn.

"Hyung!"

"Why must I listen to you?"

"It's for your own good! God! Hyung! Please! I beg you.." V pleaded with desperation in his eyes.

"V-ah.." Hoseok tried to calm him down.

"Don't interfere! It's between me and hyung!" V raised his voice at Hoseok.

"V, You are being rude right now." Jin warned.

Sensing the tense situation, Suga decided to give in. He sighed and grabbed V's hand. "Let's go somewhere else and talk, alright?" He said as he pulled V away from them and towards the door. "We will be back soon!" Suga assured them with a small smile.

V gave him a look. "You are not coming back, hyung."

Suga rolled his eyes but did not say anything as he took V outside of their dorm until they reached a field not far from the building. He stopped and turned towards V with a frown. "I know you are angry but you shouldn't behave like that to your members." He lectured as he let go of V's hand.

"How could I not behave like that when you literally walked into a lion's den!" V replied furiously.

Suga folded his arms with an eyebrow raised. "So you are saying you are a lion. Does that mean I shouldn't be anywhere near you??"

V ruffled his hair in frustration. "God! Hyung! What I am saying is this school screams danger! I want you to be safe!"

"If it is dangerous to be here, then why are you here?" Suga retorted.

"That's because I had no choice! But you have a choice, hyung and you choose to suffer!"

"Why don't you have a choice?" Suga looked curious.

V huffed. "You really do like to ask a lot of questions, huh?"

"Of course! How could I not ask when you are dictating me what to do with my life! And I don't have a choice as well. I have signed the contract." 

"Screw the contract! I will pay the penalty!"

Suga snorted. "Then what? I will be your slave? Do I look easy to you? Do you think you can buy me easily just like that? I'm not your plaything!" He said in exasperation. He was confused with V's behaviour. Did V really care so much about him or was he just V's one time-fling who will be casted aside once V got bored of him?

V looked shocked. His mouth gaped open. "What the hell, hyung! How could you think like that about me?!"

Suga smiled bitterly. "Aren't rich kids like that?"

V stared at him in disbelief. "You really do categorise all rich kids as bad- people."

"Am I wrong?"

"Yes! I'm not them!" V hissed. He was hurt by his hyung's remark.

"What if you just throw me away once you are tired of me?" Suga said warily.

"God! Hyung! What should I do for you to believe me? I just want you to be SAFE! S-A-F-E! Why can't you get that message?!" V was pulling his hair in frustration. He was tired of Suga's accusations. Tired of arguing with him. Why can't his hyung trust him? He then took a deep breath and exhaled shakily. He dreaded the words he was going to utter next but as long as he could keep his hyung safe, he was willing to do it. "Fine. I will do whatever you tell me to do. I will...stay away from you.." His voice tremble, his eyes pleading. "if..th-that's what you want. I-I won't ever find you, hyung, if that's what makes you happy. As long as you leave here, hyung. For the penalty, you could just pay me later or-or you can work for me. I-I mean not in the way you think. You can work for my mom's company but I promise I won't appear within your sight. Ju-just anything as long as you leave here." V muttered

Please log in to read the full chapter