Love and Sacrifice

The Last Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin was staggering backwards while shaking his head in denial. "Please tell me this is all a lie.." Jimin gave Suga a pleading look.

"Jimin-ah.." Suga looked worried as he stepped forward with his hand stretched out, afraid that Jimin would do something stupid. But with each step forward, Jimin stepped backwards, looking lost and broken.

He then screamed. "THIS IS ALL WRONG! WHY?! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS?!!" He screamed and screamed in agony while clutching his chest. Tears flowing down his cheeks. He felt his heart torn to pieces. All resolve lost when the person he loves no longer loves him.

"Jimin-ah.. don't blame yourself. It's not your fault." Tears were streaming down Suga's cheeks as well. The sight of Jimin breaking down because of him hurts. He hated that he could not do anything to alleviate Jimin's pain when he was the cause of it.

Their room door burst open revealing a worried Hoseok. "I heard screaming. Is every..." Hoseok's voice trailed when he caught the scene in front of him. "What happen?"

Jimin turned and pushed Hoseok out of his way as he exited the room.

Suga quickly grabbed Jimin's hand before he could leave. "Where..are you going?" His voice soft. His expression wary.

Jimin snatched his hand away from Suga's grip. His eye now dull and void of emotion. "I need time alone. Ah. Right." He took out the crumpled photo from his pocket and threw on the floor. "You should just burn it." And he left.

Hoseok placed his hand on Suga's shoulder. "Hey, buddy. Are you alright? Did you both fight again?" He asked in concern.

Suga could only shook his head in return as he wiped his tears away.

 

"Where are you going AGAIN?" Namjoon asked when he saw Jimin walked past them without giving them a glance. This time instead of anger, worried expression etched Namjoon's features. All of them heard the broken screaming and they could feel the pain and sorrow from Jimin's voice which made them worry.

Jimin steps faltered but still not looking at them. "I need some fresh air before I kill anyone who steps in my way." His tone emotionless. He walked out.

Jin crossed his arms, looking annoyed. "I can't stand his attitude. It is either you tell him to come to his senses or I request to kick him out from our group."

Namjoon rubbed his face in a tired manner. "You heard his scream. He sounded miserable. He must have his own problems to deal with. Just give him time."

Jin snorted. "Time? I don't have time to deal with his !"

Now is Namjoon's turn to get annoyed. "What is wrong with you today? You are always understanding. You have to understand that-"

"I am not if he is getting in our way. In MY way." Jin retorted.

"Are we just an agenda to you? Is that it?!" Namjoon looked pissed off.

Jin scoffed. "Am I wrong? Ask V. Ask Jungkook." His finger pointed to the both of them. Both V and Jungkook who were quietly watching them from the couch looked like deer caught in headlights.

"Ah, hyung..that's-" Jungkook tried to defend but Jin continued with his outburst towards Namjoon.

Jin then pointed at Namjoon. "And ask YOU yourself. They have their own agenda as well including YOU. Do you think we are in this team because we want to? Do you actually think we got along with each other? We are just trying to bear with each other!" He lashed out.

"You don't mean that." Namjoon gritted his teeth. He felt hurt. "Did something happen that cause you to be like this?"

"Yeah, hyung. I know you do care about us. You always care about our well-being and cook for us." Jungkook muttered softly.

Jin stared at him pointedly with his arms crossed. "What's the point if I'm the only one who care?"

"I do care as well!" Namjoon half-yelled.

"If you do really care, you won't be bringing in strangers into our team! Five is enough! Why do you need to add more unless you are not satisfied with us!"

Namjoon stared at him in disbelief. "Is that the reason why you are getting mad? I already said the Head wanted them in."

"And you can't reject?!"

"How am I suppose to reject?! He is our Head!"

"Did you actually try?!"

Namjoon rubbed his temples. "Look. I don't think I can talk to you right now. Just.. go and cool down, alright? We will continue this later."

Jin snorted. "So this is how you avoid it."

"Jin hyung-" V tried to interject but was silenced with his glare.

"And you.. don't you dare say you care about us. You never tell us anything about yourself. To you, we are just strangers living in the same house." Jin snapped.

"I-I have my reasons, hyung. Please understand.." V pleaded.

"You would have tell us if you trust us.. guess that living with us for five years is not enough for you."

"Hyung, that's not-" V spoke but was ignored by Jin when he shifted his attention to Jungkook who cringed when he saw Jin's fiery gaze. "And you, Jeon Jungkook. I wish you could pay us more attention." Jin jabbed his finger at him before he stalked towards his room leaving the three of them dumbfounded.

"Man...What is wrong with him?" Namjoon seemed to be on the verge of losing his mind.

V looked up the stairs when he saw Hoseok walking down. "How is he?"

Hoseok shook his head sadly. "He doesn't look good. Heck. The both of them look messed up."

V quickly move to head towards the stairs but Hoseok's arm blocked his way. "He wants to be alone." V looked up the stairs longingly before he sighed and walked to his room instead.

Hoseok cleared his throat. "Um..Namjoon-ah.. Don't worry about Jin hyung. He will be back to normal soon." He assured him with a guilty smile.

Namjoon squinted his eyes at him. "What have you done this time, Jung Hoseok?"

"He might or might not have drank my latest invention." Hoseok replied sheepishly while scratching his head.

Namjoon groaned. "How many times I said not to put it in the fridge?!"

"How would I ever thought that he would drink a green liquid?" Hoseok said in exasperation.

"He may think it is a vegetable juice." Jungkook interjected.

"Anyway, what drink is that?"

"The truth. Whatever Jin hyung said was his innermost thoughts." Hoseok looked at Namjoon with a meaningful look.

Namjoon groaned.

"I will head to my room first then!" Hoseok escaped before Namjoon could further lecture him.

Jungkook stood up but was stopped by Namjoon.

"Jungkook." He glanced at Namjoon. "We need to talk."

Jungkook sat on the couch again. "Talk, hyung."

"Do you know something between the both of them?"

Jungkook smirked. He sat with his legs crossed as he outstreched his arms placing on the top of the couch, acting like a boss.

Namjoon wanted to wipe off that stupid smirk. He knew that Jungkook always felt superior when he as the leader seek advice or help from him. Despite Jungkook's young age, he was considered as a gifted prodigy in their school, even beating Namjoon who was a top student at certain times. So of course he would be proud when a certain top student was asking him for advice.

"I don't pry into other people's business." Jungkook replied nonchalantly.

Namjoon squinted his eyes at him in suspicion.

Jungkook sighed in defeat. "Fine..fine.. I knew but it was too personal to the both of them. I even felt bad right now from prying into their connections."

Namjoon snorted. "You? Who never felt guilty for being nosy but felt bad?"

"I won't say it no matter what, hyung." Jungkook huffed with his arms crossed.

"Fine. What is with the red and white then?"

"Ah..that.. that's the colour of their souls. Jimin hyung's red and Suga hyung's white. Red and white. Isn't the combination beautiful? Red symbolise passion and love. White symbolises purity. But.. those colours are tragedic as well. Red represents the colour of blood and white represents the colour of a hospital."

Namjoon nodded in thoughtful manner.

"Hyung..Their love are beautiful, in other words..they truly love each other..but with love, comes sacrifices. It seems that Jimin hyung sacrifice their love in order to save Suga hyung in the past. And Suga hyung almost died in the past because he was trying to save Jimin hyung. That's all I can tell you, hyung. You should ask them if you want to know more."

"Damn..that's quite messed up."

"No kidding, hyung."

"I get that.. but why did you say to use my gift?"

"Hyung.. red means anger as well. Which means you will have a hard time controlling Jimin hyung especially when both Suga hyung and Jimin hyung are living together. You won't have the time of th

Please log in to read the full chapter