Acceptance

The Last Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin was waiting at their favourite ramen place, sitting at their usual spot which was in the corner by the window. He was staring outside the window, gazing at the falling snowflakes. He smiled fondly. It was his boyfriend's favourite season even though his boyfriend hated the cold. The reason he gave was ‘I could always cuddle you to keep me warm.’ Jimin chuckled thinking about his boyfriend's cute response.

"Who are you smiling at?" He heard a raspy voice close to his ear. His most favourite voice besides his mother’s. He turned without realising his boyfriend’s face was an inch away from his nose, looking at the window. Jimin gulped from the close proximity. He stared at his boyfriend’s side profile. His gaze fell on his boyfriend’s dark brown hair, noting some snowflakes caught in his boyfriend’s hair. He controlled his urge from brushing the snowflakes away, wanting to continue his admiration. His gaze continued to travel to his boyfriend’s eyes, noting some strands of hair blocking his boyfriend’s view. He reminded himself to trim his boyfriend's fringe. His gaze then shifted to his boyfriend’s ears followed by the nose, noting they were red from the cold. He frowned when he noticed that his boyfriend did not have any scarf on himself. Lastly..his boyfriend’s lips..

“Done admiring me?” His boyfriend turned to look at him with a smirk on his face, cutting off his train of thoughts. Their nose touching each other.

Jimin’s dark brown eyes blinking owlishly at him.

His boyfriend’s smirk grew wider. “What happen to my talkative Jimin? Cat got your tongue?”

Without any warning, Jimin head-butted his boyfriend. His boyfriend groaned while rubbing his forehead. “What the hell?! Why did you do that for?!”

Jimin was fuming. “Why? You are asking why?! Where’s your scarf?! Do you want to fall sick again?! You do know you are sensitive to winter season yet you did not do anything to keep yourself warm!”

His boyfriend scratched his head with a sheepish grin. “Ah.. I left in a hurry. I forgot to take my scarf with me.”

Jimin continued to frown while his boyfriend went to take a seat opposite of him.

“You will grow old fast if you continue to frown like that.” His boyfriend said nonchalantly while sipping a hot cup of his favourite black coffee that Jimin has ordered earlier for him.

Jimin ignored him while taking out a light blue ear muffs from his bag and leaned forward to put on over his boyfriend's ears. He then took out a scarf from his bag and wrapped around his boyfriend’s neck. His boyfriend blushed this time when their faces are an inch away from each other. “You brought those with you?”

“Just a precaution since I have a forgetful and lazy boyfriend.” Jimin smirked at him this time.

"That’s not true. You know I don't like to put the ear muffs on. I can't hear your voice clearly. And the scarf was just a one-time thing." His boyfriend pouted.

"Aww.. is my voice that nice to hear?" Jimin cooed.

His boyfriend cleared his throat while looking somewhere else, trying to hide his embarrassment.

Jimin chuckled fondly. He cupped his boyfriend's face and turned to face him. "I don't want you to catch a cold again. You do know you are sensitive to cold right?" His gaze filled with concern and love.

His boyfriend smiled and leaned his forehead against Jimin's with his eyes closed. "It's nice to feel this loved." His boyfriend muttered.

Hearing those words somehow made his heart ache. He hated that his boyfriend did not have any memories of his family and no memories of being loved. "You do know how much I love you right? Mom also loves you a lot." Jimin reminded him as he caressed his boyfriend's cheek gently.

His boyfriend hummed, still with his eyes closed. "I know. I love the both of you too.. both of you means the world to me..which reminds me.." His boyfriend opened his eyes, staring at Jimin's brown eyes with a soft smile. He pulled away a little to search something in his pockets.

Jimin looked at him questioningly.

His boyfriend took out a small black velvet box.

Jimin looked surprised. "Is that.."

His boyfriend smiled sheepishly. "I know we are already together and I know that we have gone for many uncountable dates and I know how much we love each other but we never really made it official, do we?"

Jimin chuckled. "Yeah, when you said it that way. But knowing that we love each other is already enough."

His boyfriend opened the box revealing two silver rings. "They are quite plain but these are what I could afford at the moment. Something that signify our love..that's why I bought it."

Jimin seemed to be loss for words. "You know I'm fine without the rings right?"

His boyfriend smiled his favourite gummy smile as his boyfriend held his hand out. "I know. Just give me your hand."

Jimin placed his hand on his boyfriend's palm with a shy smile.

His boyfriend slide the ring on his ring finger. "The size is perfect on you." His boyfriend smiled with satisfaction.

"Your turn." Jimin grinned as he turnover his hand, his palm facing upwards, waiting for his lover to place his hand over his.

His boyfriend chuckled while placing his hand on Jimin's.

Jimin slide the ring over his boyfriend's ring finger and then without warning he pulled his boyfriend's hand causing his boyfriend to jerk forward towards him, their face inches away from each other. His boyfriend's eyes widened in surprise. "W-what-"

Jimin pressed his lips against his boyfriend's lips preventing his boyfriend from talking while placing both his hands over his boyfriend's cheeks. His boyfriend kissed him back. Both of them melted into the kiss, kissing slowly and gently yet passionate, ignoring the people and the surrounding around them. Jimin pulled away a little to see his boyfriend's face as red as a tomato.

Jimin chuckled. "You are blushing."

"Shut up. You caught me off guard." His boyfriend grumbled.

"I'm just very happy." Jimin grinned while he bopped his nose against his lover's nose.

"I'm glad then." His boyfriend smiled fondly at him.

Both of them staring at each other lovingly with smiles on their faces. Their fingers interwined with each other’s, the rings on their fingers could be seen.

"I love you, Jimin. Always."

"I love you, Suga. For eternity."

The shrill ringing of the bell woke Jimin up from his dream or he could say his past memories. He cursed. He tried to look for the source of the ringing but it neither came from his phone or Suga's phone. He stormed towards the room door and opened it to reveal a smiling Hoseok.

"Good morning! Looks like you are awake." Hoseok waved at him with a bright smile.

"What the hell was that?" Jimin growled.

Hoseok snapped his fingers. The ringing stopped. "That's our wake-up call every morning. It will stop ringing when everyone's awake. I thought I should let you know first before you flip."

Jimin scoffed. "You are right. I almost punch your stupid face."

Hoseok grinned. "Aha. Glad you haven't punch me yet. By the way, where is Suga?" He asked as he peeked into the room only to see a sleeping figure in a blanket wrapped like a buritto. His eyes almost popped out. "He is still sleeping?! Nobody could stand that ringing though.. should I increase the frequency?" He muttered to himself while tapping his finger on his chin with a ponder, thinking of ways to reinvent his creation.

Jimin leaned nearer to Hoseok. His face close to Hoseok's ear. "Don't you dare. You do that, I will kill you." Jimin warned in a whisper. His voice calm yet had a dangerous tone.

Hoseok shuddered when he heard that. It seemed that Jimin was serious with his words. Hoseok held his hands up in surrender. "Alright. Alright. Don't be so violent, dude." He patted Jimin's arm. Jimin slapped his hand away. "Wake Suga up for me, will you?"

"I'm not his nanny." Jimin growled as he slammed the door shut. Something outside his bedroom window caught his attention. "It's winter already huh.." He chuckled bitterly as he saw the falling snowflakes. He turned to look at the sleeping buritto. The sleeping figure's nose was red. He sighed in irritation. He went to open the door again and walked towards the railing. He leaned over it to see Hoseok almost reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey."

Hoseok looked up. "Are you calling me?" Hoseok pointed at himself with a questioning look.

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Do you see anyone else here?"

Hoseok chuckled. "Right. What do you want?"

"Can't you turn up the heater? It's cold as hell."

Hoseok raised an eyebrow. "You don't look cold to me."

"Do I have to shiver in front of you for you to do that?" Jimin deadpanned.

"Alright. Jeez. Just hurry up before Jin hyung comes banging on your door." Hoseok waved his hand, gesturing Jimin to quickly hurry.

Jimin went back to his room and walked towards the sleeping figure. Jimin poked the sleeping buritto. "Hey. Wake up."

"Hmm.."

"Wake up, idiot." This time he shook him harder to wake up.

Suga groaned. "5 minutes." He mumbled. "It's cold."

"If you don't wake up now, I will dump a bucket of cold water on you."

Suga automatically shot up. "I'm up now, satisfied?" Suga glared at him.

If it was years ago, he would coaxed his lover gently to wake him up and pressed kisses on his forehead as he knew that his lover would tend to keep warm by hiding under the covers. But now? They were just strangers who happened to be stuck as roommates and all they did were spitting harsh words and glaring at each other. Mostly just me. Jimin thought bitterly.

"Next time wake up on your own. I don't want to be your nanny. Can't you even hear the bell?! Are you deaf?" Jimin spat his words bitterly.

"I didn't ask you to wake me up." Suga huffed.

"You think I want to do that? I was forced to do it since you are my damn roommate!" Jimin half-yelled.

"Fine. You don’t have to yell at me." Suga covered his ears while glaring at him.

Jimin just stormed towards the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

"Don’t slam the bathroom door!"

"Shut up!"

Suga sighed, looking defeated. Jimin had been giving him the cold shoulder after he came back yesterday night. Either that or Jimin would snapped at him for talking.

Meanwhile, Jimin was staring grimly at his own shirtless reflection in the bathroom mirror. His red fringe blocking his right eye. His only visible eye staring back at him..dull, bitter and empty. He scoffed at his own reflection. The Jimin years ago was nothing like this. Brown hair with sparkly brown eyes and a bright smile. His hands gripped the sink tightly when he thought of the past him. Knuckles turning white. From his reflection, two silver items on his chest caught his attention. His hand then went to touch his necklace that he was wearing. He was wearing a necklace with two silver rings, the rings that were in his dream..his memories. He held the rings and brought them to his lips, kissing them gently with his eye closed. A tear trailed along his cheek. He could never have his past self back. He could never have his lover back. He could never have his mom back. All was lost years ago. All was left was an empty shell of his.

Jimin was surprised when the atmosphere was somber when he reached the dining table. All of them were eating quietly.

"Oh. You are here. Help yourself, Jimin." Namjoon said as he motioned towards the empty chairs.

Jimin nodded. He took a seat next to Hoseok which was empty. "Is it like this every morning?" Jimin whispered as he nudged Hoseok with his arm.

"Are you seriously asking me?" Hoseok whispered back with an incredulous expression.

Jimin raised his eyebrow. "Are you saying it was because of me?"

"Well..partially.. It was because of me too.. It has been like this since yesterday." Hoseok sighed.

Jimin continued to stare at him questioningly.

"Right. You came back when almost everyone was asleep. After you left, everyone just went to do their own activities and had their own lunch and dinner. Today is the first time we gathered together."

"Oh really?" Jimin replied nonchalantly as he took a piece of bread in front of him. "No wonder the atmosphere is stifling. It is making me uncomfortable."

"Says the one who is chaotic yesterday. You made everyone uncomfortable." V muttered while chewing his bread, not bothering to look at Jimin.

Jimin was going to come back with a snarky remark when they heard the continuous sneezing not far away from them.

Suga appeared with a dark blue scarf wrapped around him with a beanie covering his blonde hair. He was wearing a hoodie.

"Are you alright, hyung? You don't look well." V asked in concern.

"I'm fine. Just sensitive to the cold." He muttered as he sat next to Jungkook, facing Jimin.

Hoseok suddenly look at Jimin with a smirk. "Aha. Is that why you ask me-ouch. Why did you kick me?" Hoseok glared.

"You are so noisy." Jimin shot him a glare of ‘you say it, I will kill you’.

Hoseok kept his mouth shut.

Namjoon cleared his throat. "Alright. Since we didn't have a proper introduction yesterday, let's do it now as everyone's here. Why don't the two of you introduce yourselves first?“ He gestured to both Jimin and Suga.

Suga looked at Jimin. "You or me first?“

Jimin ignored him as he proceeded to take a piece of bread from the plate in front of him.

"Suga rolled his eyes. "Fine then. I'm Su-"

"Park Jimin. Bet you have heard my name and my family history. There is no need for further introduction." Jimin said in a bored manner, as though he wasn't guilty of interrupting the person in front of him.

Suga glared at Jimin for interrupting him.

V scoffed. "Of course. The infamous Park Jimin. Looks like you decided to follow your father's footsteps." V said nonchalantly.

Jimin shot a murderous glare towards V. He could murder that jerk right then. Jimin never cared when people bad-mouthed him. What Jimin cared was the last sentence would hurt the idiot in front of him. He noticed that Suga was gripping his cutlery in a tight grip as his gaze hardened.

Sensing the atmosphere was getting colder, Namjoon tried to intervene. "Well.. I guess we knew the history of Park's family well so there is no need much further introduction. What about you, Suga?"

Jungkook nudged Suga with his arm when there was no response from him.

"Huh?" Suga looked at Jungkook with a confused expression.

"Introduction, hyung." Jungkook whispered.

"Uh.. Yeah.. I'm Suga.. from the Haengmun village."

"Is Suga your real name?" Hoseok asked with curiousity.

"Well.. You could say that.." Suga said with a shrug.

"You

Please log in to read the full chapter