The Price

The Last Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin cursed when his injured hand came into contact with water while trying to wash his blood from his hand when a palm was shoved right in front of him. He turned to look at the owner of that hand with raised eyebrow.

"Give me back the photo." Suga demanded.

Jimin turned off the tap. He smirked and leaned closer to Suga, his face an inch away causing Suga to lean further back from him, looking uncomfortable with the close proximity between them.

"Why do you still need that? I'm here right now, sugar." Jimin said seductively as he stepped nearer towards Suga, a playful smirk still evident on his face. Shiver runs down Suga's spine as he could feel Jimin's deep and penetrating gaze.

"Give it back to me." Suga pressed, ignoring Jimin's words.

Jimin's expression turned serious. "Come back to me, Suga." This time there is a hint of sadness in his gaze.

Suga sighed, feeling his patience wearing thin. "I don't know what you are trying to play at, brat but don't misundertand. The reason of me keeping that photo is because that is the only remembrance I have of her." He paused. His expression shifted to disappointment. "Unlike you, who decided to side with her murderer."

Jimin's eye darkened. "You think it doesn't pained me that my mum died? I chose this path to avenge her death! You out of everyone should know that!" He yelled. He felt betrayed by Suga's words.

"There are other ways! I told you we can find a way together-" Suga countered back.

Jimin chuckled humourlessly. "How can we find a way when we were just poor kids against the powerful?"

Suga stared at him in disbelief. "So you gave up just like that?! I told you I will fight with you no matter how difficult it is and I never gave up on you! Until the end! Until I was lifeless on the ground!" Suga lashed out.

"It's not easy! I wanted you to be safe! I told you not to bother me until I come back to you but you never listen! You think it doesn't hurt me when I saw them beating you mercilessly?!" Jimin screamed. Anger and hurt evident in his eye. "It hurts right here! Here!" He pointed to where his heart is. "I felt like knife stabbing through my heart countless of time while you kept calling my name! It drove me crazy! And those images kept repeating in my head until today!" He said as he panted. He gazed at Suga in sorrow.

Suga looked away, unable to handle the tension. "Forget it. It's in the past. Let's just lead our own lives now. I won't bother you anymore. Even though we are roommates, I will stay a safe distance from you, so not to worry. Just give me the photo."

Jimin barked a bitter laugh. "You still don't get it, do you?" Jimin stepped nearer to Suga until it left no space between them when Suga's back hit against the wall of the kitchen.

"What are you doing, Jimin?" Suga whispered as he tried to squirm away but both of Jimin's hands on the wall trapped him from moving away.

Jimin's face leaned closer to him, his stare not leaving Suga's face. "I wanted you to stay away from me to keep you safe but since you decided to put yourself in danger by coming to this school.." His uninjured hand let go of the wall and wrapped around Suga's waist pulling him closer as he leaned in to whisper into his ear. "Then you have no choice but to stick to me, sugar."

Suga tried to push him away but Jimin held him tighter. "I'm fine by myself, brat." Suga huffed. His face blushed of embarrassment. His eyes not looking at Jimin, Jimin’s too close. His heart should have flutter by now but he felt nothing.

"I miss you a lot, Suga. I’m sorry.. I never meant to hurt you. I just wanted to protect you." Jimin whispered. His gaze full of sorrow.

Suga stared back at Jimin. He felt guilty. He knew Jimin still loved him but what could he do.. It was too late. No matter how much he tried to remember the memories they had, those were just images to him. He knew he loved Jimin very much in the past but he felt nothing now. Suga closed his eyes and shook his head. He used all his might to push Jimin away from him, causing Jimin to stagger back a little. "I'm sorry but I don't feel anything for you anymore, Jimin."

Jimin clenched his fists. He looked hurt. "That's-"

Before he could continue his sentence, the sound of someone clearing his throat caught their attention. They turned towards the source of the voice. Four pair of eyes were staring at them with amused expression.

"Seeing the both of you is like watching a romance movie." Hoseok said as he tried to cover his mouth in an attempt not to laugh considering the serious situation between them.

"More like a melodrama." Jin rolled his eyes.

"Can we just have our breakfast already? It's almost 11." Namjoon shook his head and sighed.

"You guys are so noisy..I can even hear the argument from my room.” Jungkook complained. “Can we just eat and watch whatever movie this is.. I’m hungry. Just continue whatever you have been doing earlier." Jungkook gestured nonchalantly.

“Have some respect.” Jin said as he smacked

Please log in to read the full chapter