Newcomer

The Last Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Clothes. Check. Notebook. Check. Headphones. Check. Laptop. Check. Hmm.. what else?" Suga wondered as he tapped his chin.

"Someone is excited. I see." The lady said as she leaned against the door frame of his bedroom with her arms folded. Her long hair was tied into a bun with short bangs covering her forehead which potrayed the image of a China doll. Who would ever thought that a young lady looking like a China doll was in fact centuries old.

"I'm not. I just don't do last minute packing." He said as he started to stuff his clothes into his luggage.

"Ah..Organised as always." 

"If I'm not, this house will be in a mess. That reminds me. How the hell your room is scattered with clothes this morning?! I just tidied it yesterday night! What are you going to do when I'm not here?" He complained, looking irritated.

"Are you regretting your decision?" She smirked.

He huffed. "No. I'm very happy I made the right choice. I don't have to clean up your mess anymore."

"Aww.. dont be cruel. I know you are worried about me." She wiggled her eyebrows with a teasing smile.

He snorted. "I'm not worried about you at all. Don't be delusional."

"Your expression shows it. As clear as day." She stated matter of factly.

He threw the shirt he was holding on the bed. "Fine! I'm worried! I have accepted that stupid offer before I could even comprehend what I was doing! There is no way you could handle the housechores alone!" He took a deep breath after yelling his frustrations. "And who is going to cook for you?" 

"I have noticed that there are various kinds of side dishes in the fridge which can last me for a month. Didn't you make them? So, there is nothing to worry about."

He looked at her incredulously. "You are just going to rely on those side dishes?! Fine. Then what about after a month?"

"You will come back and make them to last for another month?" She looked at him with a hopeful expression.

He snorted. "In your dreams."

"Aww.. Come on. If you are worried then you can come here every day to clean the house."

He gaped at her. "That's a crazy idea, old hag."

"Then you can come and clean it every month."

"I don't think I can call this a house anymore the next month I come back. It will be a pig sty." He mocked her.

She feigned a hurt expression. "Ouch. Give me some credit will you. I will try to keep it clean when you are not here. Plus, I have Mirae to help me."

"Did I hear the word try?"

Right at that moment, a petite looking girl with two ponytails covered with mud was seen bouncing into Suga's room. "Madame! Suga! I'm home!"

"What the hell happen to you?!" He exclaimed in horror, his hands gesturing at her dirty state.

"I happened to fall on the mud when I tripped over a rock on my way back." Mirae replied innocently.

He turned to the lady and pointed at Mirae. "See? You expect me to entrust you to her?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Suga oppa! Don't worry. I will take care of Madame!" She placed her right hand on the left side of her chest as though she was making a pledge.

"You can't even take care of yourself.." He eyed her with distrust.

"Then we will take care of each other! I take care of you. You take care of me. Right, Mirae?" The lady grinned.

Mirae nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! yes!"

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "You both are ridiculous."

"Oh right, Madame! There are two very suspicious looking men lurking outside the house. I think it has been a week already." Mirae said with a troubled expression.

"Ah..that..nothing to worry about. Just someone's sugar daddy who needs to protect his baby." The lady looked at Suga with a teasing smile.

Suga looked baffled. "Why are you looking at me like that? Do I look like that kind of person who would sell myself to a stranger? Who knows must be yours.." His voice trailed off when realisation hit him.

"Well?" The lady raised an eyebrow with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Hell no! That brat is not my sugar daddy for crying out loud! He is younger than me! And it's not like what you think, you erted old hag." He huffed.

"That's too bad.. he is your young master then." The lady continued with her teasing.

He looked at her in disgust. "I already said it's not like what you think it is." Then his eyes narrowed at her. "Wait. How do you know that those dudes were protecting me?"

She shrugged. "I have my ways."

He rolled his eyes. "Right. Of course you would know. Why am I even asking the high and mighty great seer, Park Jinhee" He muttered in defeat.

 

The day for Suga to enter the school has finally arrived.

"So...have you informed those ladies that you won't be selling vegetables at the market anymore?" The lady asked as she sees him to the door.

"Yea and it is not anymore. Just for the time being. Who knows I will be back. Anyway, I have already entrusted to Mr Kang to take care of the harvest and the business, so, you don't need to worry about it. He will divide half of the profit to you."

She hummed. "What about your master?"

"How many times do I have to tell you that he is not my master! And why should I care about him?"

"You are so cruel.." She looked amused.

"He would know anyway since his bodyguards are always behind my back."

"Well..that's true.." She then embraced him. "Goodbye and take care, kid. If things are hard, you know where to find me."

He patted her back. "Take care, old hag. Don't mess the house."

She pulled back with a mischievious smile. "You will be surprised."

He snorted but with a smile.

"Ah.. I almost forgot about this." The lady took something out from her pocket.

He eyed the thing on her hand. It was an amulet in the form of a tiny pouch connected to a chain. "You already gave me one which I'm wearing right now." He looked at her in confusion.

"This is a stronger amulet. Return to me the amulet you are wearing. Wear this instead. Remember to wear it at all times." She said.

He took out the amulet he was wearing and passed it back to her. She placed the new amulet around his neck.

He stared at the new amulet. It was a tiny black pouch with silver embroidery pattern. He looked up at her. "I will. Thank you." He smiled.

She patted his head with a smile. Her eyes filled with adoration. "Stay safe. I will always pray for your safety."

"Man. You are making me all soft. I almost cry to tears." He remarked. He didn

Please log in to read the full chapter