12:56 am; Luhan’s Flowers

Grad Night

It’s cold in Irvine, I bend over and hug Jongin. He’s like a natural heater, always warm and I don’t get a chance to bask in it frequently. 

 

“Your hands are freezing.” Jongin mumbles, scooting closer to me.

My heart beats at rapid pace, unconsciously my hands find bare skin on Jongin’s stomach. 

 

I don’t notice until Jongin asks me to zip his jacket up for him. “Do it yourself” I snort “Besides we’re almost there, I can smell Disneyland” 

 

Jongin laughs “It does have a distinct smell” 

 

I nod and look at the masses of buildings, we’re headed towards the residential area, a vast maze of pale blue and pink houses. “I hope this Lu doesn’t try to sell us any reg” Jongin sighs, sitting up. 

 

I shrug, peering at the houses it’s so silent and it feels like the truck’s engine is too loud. People should be screaming their heads off about the racket. It might just be me though. 

 

We pull up in front of a blue house, it has rose bushes on top of green grass, it’s a gorgeous lawn but unnecessarily so. A drought in California really doesn’t mean anything to the middle class home owner. 

 

The walkway is made of cobblestone and it gleams in the moonlight. The door itself is the same blue as the house with white trim, flowers painted in pretty pinks and yellows. What is a drug dealer doing living in my moms dream home? 

 

Jongin seems to be having the same confusion about this weed mans headquarters, he glances at Chan and Baek as if to ask “Are you sure we’re at the right place?” 

 

But Chan rings the doorbell without hesitation and gives them a reassuring grin. 

 

A few moments later a young man with a soft docile face answers the door, he’s wearing a cardigan with khakis “Ah Chanyeol and Baekhyun, my favorite customers” he smiles, welcoming all of us into his neat home. “Ah you’ve brought guests!” 

 

“Hey Luhan, this is Sehun and Jongin.” Chan gestures to us respectively 

 

We each utter small words of greetings and he warmly ushers is further into the home, looking both ways down his street before slamming the door. 

 

“Jesus ing Christ this cardigan itches like a ” Luhan explodes, shedding off the said sweater, revealing sleeves of tattoos. 

 

Chan smirks “I still don’t know why you have to dress like that all the time” he sits on Luhan’s couch “Especially at night”

 

“It’s that Mrs. Robinson across the street!” Luhan exclaims, opening the top of the coffee table to reveal rows of neatly packaged and labeled weed “She’s too nosey” 

 

Baek giggles and gestures for us to take seats on the other couch, she snuggles up next to Chan “Luhan operates here because it’s discrete but all the neighbors think he’s like a crackhead or something” 

 

“Tom asked me if I do heroin the other day while I was watering my roses. Old people are the worst” Luhan grunts “They all likes my mom but as soon as I come around it’s like I called them all a bunch of inbred rednecks” 

 

“You’re moms here?” I ask dumbly

 

“Oh no, she’s been dead for like ten years” he answers nonchalantly

 

“Oh I’m sorry” I wince at my own question

 

“Oh no it’s cool, you’re Sehun right?” 

 

“Yeah” 

 

“Cool” he replies, refocusing his attention on the weed “So Baek and Chan, you two want your usual?” 

 

“An extra eighth, it’s my friends birthday” Baek chirps “Sativa please” 

 

Luhan nods as he shuffles through the jars “Hows this?” He hands her a jar with a purple label on it

 

“Maui Wowie?” She reads the label with a smile then repeats the name of the strand over and over in different voices. I stifle my laughter while Chan lets out loud snorts

 

“It’s a good strand. Perfect for birthdays, graduations and more” he says sarcastically 

 

“We’ll take it, I trust your judgment Lulu” 

 

Luhan nods and expertly separates some weed into a scale “What about you two?” He glances briefly at me and Jongin before returning to his work

 

“I wanted to buy an eighth too” Jongin answers, entranced by the rows and rows of green and purple leaves in jars. 

 

Luhan zips up the bag and hands it to the couple along with a larger gallon zip lock with strange purple and orange buds in it. “Any preference?” 

 

“Indica.” Jongin nods, which I appreciate because I can’t stand sativa strains it puts me on edge, indica’s left me mellow and not as antsy or paranoid as sativas. “It doesn’t matter what strain.” He adds 

 

Luhan looks over his jars of weed before plucking one and opening the jar, the smell immediately wafted around the room. He plucks a single bud and hands it to Jongin “What’d you think?” 

 

The bus is a pale green, THC crystals almost gleaming in the light with orange streaking through the leaves like veins. “This looks great” Jongin smiles widely, handing it back to Luhan who packs more than eighth into a sandwich bag “New customer bonus” he says with a grin as he hands the bag to Jongin who forks over three twenties. 

 

We leave Luhan’s pretty blue house immediately, Baek claiming her friend would get upset if they came too late “Zitao is really sensitive” she informs me and Jongin as we get back into the truck “But also really sweet I think you two will like her!” 

 

“She’s a pill head” Chan comments

 

“Shut up Chanyeol she’s a sweet girl” Baek slaps him on the shoulder and the four of them continue their journey.