7:44 pm; The Party at the Orange House

Grad Night

The house is bare of most furniture, I guess Casey stashed everything that could be stolen or seriously damaged in the bedrooms. Which is a smart move considering the floor is already sticky from spilled liquor and beer. I can hardly see in front of me, the smoke in the air smells like weed and watermelon. Too many vapers at Patrick Henry High. Way too many. 

 

We shuffle through the masses of people grinding in the living room and maneuver our way through the dining room where kids are talking in random huddles around the room. Eventually we find our way to the kitchen where Casey is handing out shots of fireball. Jongin eagerly takes two, giving one to me. 

 

"Hold on! I wanna get this for Snapchat!" Greg, a tall tan guy with sunglasses on. I recognize him from my junior English class. Unfortunately Jongin recognizes him too and shoots him a glare. 

 

" I hate him" he grumbles into my ear. Jongin's dislike for Gregory Carmichael began in eighth grade when we where receiving our honor roll certificates in front of the whole school. Jongin hadn't been up there with me, but I could pick his face from the crowd. Anyway as I walked to receive my certificate, Greg tripped me and triggered a loud wave of laughter throughout the auditorium. Jongin was fuming. 

 

It's funny because three years later in AP Lang and Comp. I mentioned this to Greg, who immediately apologized, saying he was a total in middle school. The guy even bought me a bagel the next day. Of course when I told Jongin he still couldn't get over it. 

 

I laugh at him "Come on it was a long time ago, I let go of it." 

 

Jongin shrugs me off and glares at Greg some more, while the later counts down from behind his phone. When he says go we all take the shot. And then Isabel pulls our her phone "Another one guys!" She cheers. It carries on like this for a while, I pull out after the third one, watching Jongin wobble as he accepts another shot. 

 

It takes a while for Jongin to lose his . But when it happens.. well it's not pretty. 

 

After lounging on the couch for a while listening to my best friend babble, Greg sits down next to us. "Hey Sehun, what's up?" He slurs, leaning into the couch. 

 

"Nothing much just chillin, my friend's gone" I say wit a polite smile

 

Greg looks over my shoulder at Jongin who stares angrily back at Greg. "Oh hey! Uh John right?" 

 

"Jongin" he spits back

 

Greg, oblivious to Jongin's brooding rage just grins and repeats Jongin's name. "Cool co-"

 

"You're a ing prick" Jongin interrupts, suddenly standing "A real life head" 

 

"Wh-what?" 

 

"Jongin, relax." I try to pull him down

 

"No, this guy is a good for nothing douche bag who needs to learn a lesson" he shouts, attracting the attention of other party goers.

 

"I have no idea what you're talking about dude" Greg defends, standing up as well. 

 

Oh god. 

 

Jongin's face scrunches up, his hands clenched into fists. "You know what you did" he says stupidly 

 

"I really do-" 

 

Greg doesn't finish his sentence, because Jongin's fist collided ststraight with his nose. A sickening crunch fills the room. 

 

"Get the out you psycho!"-Casey screams. 

 

Immediately I scoop up a still shouting Jongin and hurry out the door, one hand supporting him and the other hastily calling another Uber. 

 

"Go to McDonald's I could eat about a hundred Apple pies" Jongin llaughs.