[ special part 02]

[ Untitled ] [Under Editing Process]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jisoo]

I have a weird roommate.

O-kay, maybe not exactly weird. Irene was just, well, silent for a roommate per se. The new school year was starting and mom decided to bring me in a boarding school in Seoul. It was fairly good, and some people were nice. Still, rumors are running around campus and it wasn’t technically nice… especially to my roommate.

Apparently, Irene Bae is also a new student along with a couple of others. I don’t have much against the girl(although she’s kinda strict for a seventeen year old) and she’s nice so we get along well. She doesn’t talk to anybody else though, except for her few friends who she knew since junior high school. Some talks say that she was a poor girl and was only studying in the private school because of a scholarship. Since our school is filled with rich, filthy idiots, I guess that’s saying a lot. Some students try to pick on her but she doesn’t bat her eye and ignore them. Some tried to physically pick on her but she got away with it. No one knows what happened. Instead, I just found the bullies apologizing to her the next day with one of them having a broken wrist.

However, Irene was still somewhat treated like a nerd and a loser. I wanted to help her out of it but she didn’t seem to mind. She would just walk around campus with a chin up and an air of confidence around her. Everyone else must’ve felt that and maybe the bullies were just scared of her. I’ve never met a seventeen year old as grounded and mature as Irene before. And Irene was a real goddess, and no beauty could beat her in campus. I guess some people are just scared and jealous over her.

“Irene? Can you perhaps help me with these?” I called out, standing outside our room, with a mountain of books in my hand. Okay, I’m not a smart student but I’m trying. The best thing about rooming with Irene was the fact that she’s a smart . She helps me through a lot.

No answer. I cleared my throat, thinking that maybe Irene didn’t hear. She’s usually absorbed with her books or her laptop, lost in her own world. I tried to kick the door and everything but still nothing. In the end, I did my best to turn the knock and walked in. Only then that I realized that Irene’s not back yet.

“Did she decide to stay back in the library again?” I mumbled, disappointed. “Some friend she is. She promised to teach me Calculus today.”

I sighed and dumped the books on my bed. As usual, my bed was a disoriented mess which was a total contrast of Irene’s side of the room. My study table  was filled with messed papers and opened books. My bed wasn’t exactly neat either. It was filled with books, the ones I got from before, and my pillows were everywhere. Irene’s bed was always neat and her books were always neatly placed in her shelf. Sometimes, I wish I had Irene’s sense of cleanliness. I look like a pig in a pigsty next to her perfectly tidy side of the room.

Just when I decided to start studying though, I heard a knock on our room’s door.

Well, only then that I guessed that Irene’s girlfriend was a thousand times weirder.

Another knock came to the door before it slid open and a chipmunk rolled in. Kidding, it was a chipmunk looking girl with dark chestnut hair and dark grey eyes. She must’ve stepped on my clothes (since I’m an overly messy person) that she slipped and rolled to the ground, face first. When she looked up, she has an awkward smile on her lips.

I didn’t know how she got in though. I was pretty sure I locked the door when I got in.

“Uhh… hey?” The girl lamely greeted before quickly standing up and dusted off her clothes.

“Hi…?” I managed to say out in surprise. “W-who are you? And what are you doing in my room?”

“Your room?” She made a big ‘O’ on her lips. “This is your room?? B-but I thought—did I went in the wrong room?” She continuously muttered to herself before going out again to check our room number. A few moments later, she walked back in while scratching her head. “But I got in the right room number…? I thought no one was inside.”

“Uhh… you didn’t answer my question.”

“Oh!” She grinned. “I’m Wendy Son, from Cube High! I’m sorry for suddenly busting in your room. And I suggest that you change your doorknob or have that coded lock or something.”

“Uhh… why?”

“Because I can easily picklock your doorknob…?”

It took a few moments before it sink in to me. When it did, I screamed out loud. “THERE’S A WEIRDO IN MY ROOM! HELP!!! CAMPUS POLICE---“

She got a hurried look in her face before quickly putting her hand on my mouth to stop me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter