[ special part 04 ]

[ Untitled ] [Under Editing Process]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jennie]

 

There’s this couple who always visits the café every Saturday morning, every week and every month. And they never failed to show up.

Sometimes, it’s the jet-black haired girl who shows up first. She would always order a hot chocolate and take the seat near the window, waiting for her girlfriend. The other girl, who seems to be always late, shows up about fifteen minutes later. She has a blonde hair, but kinda have a different mix every other month. Sometimes it’s light blonde, other times it appears darker and different. They would stay around for at least an hour, engaged in a simple conversation. At least, sometimes it seems so. Other times, well they either laugh around at something funny or argue about the little things.

I didn’t mean to pry, but among all couples I’ve seen coming in our café, they are by far the most genuine couple I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t because they try to be sweet, sappy or intimate. They are like friends, with wide grins on their face and only looking at each other.

            It took me a while to befriend them, well Wendy, the blonde one. Irene wasn’t exactly the friendliest. S-she always has a glare in her eyes whenever I talk to Wendy… She seems nice, although quite dense (a lot actually. Why couldn’t she see that Irene’s jealous? I don’t know!) and really polite. Despite being quite a klutz too (yeah, she must’ve dropped at least ten cups of coffee in our café already), she’s considerate and gentle, like a grown up gentleman.

            Irene is seriously lucky to have her. (And no, I’m not liking Wendy. Crushing, maybe, but I wouldn’t even dare try to make a move on the blonde one. Irene’s glares are enough to scare me away.)

            And so, it’s another Saturday in our café. Another Saturday of Wendy’s stupid remarks and Irene’s cold glares directed at me and only me.

 

            “Uhh… I’ll have one hot chocolate and an Americano. And one slice of Oreo cheesecake too!” Wendy ordered as she arrived on time, with Irene standing next to her. She turned to look at her girlfriend and asked. “Do you want something else, Irene?”

            “Another slice of cheesecake. I’m not sharing.” Irene deadpanned, giving me a glance before frowning a bit. I felt a shiver in my spine as she scoffed, walking away to sit on their usual table.

            “O-kay… I’ll have the whole Oreo Cheesecake then.” Wendy shrugged and grinned at me. “How’s your morning, Jennie?”

            “It’s great, thank you! How about you? Irene didn’t seem cheery this morning…” I carefully said the last part, wondering just how dense Wendy could be.

            And of course, she proved herself right away.

            “Uhh I have a great morning, especially since I’m with Irene…” Her voice trailed off as she glanced at her girlfriend who has plugged in her earphones, a book in her hand reading while ignoring the world. “I’m pretty sure she was okay before we got here though…”

            A light chuckle escaped my lips. “I would say something like ‘Boys,’ but then you’re not one. I must say you’re dense though. Like a heavy rock.”

            “Hey! Why am I dense? My friends all say that too! What did I do?”

            I lightly shook my head before putting her orders in a tray. “Well, apparently Wendy, I’m a girl and I know what’s wrong with your girlfriend. She’s jealous.”

            A big ‘o’ formed on Wendy’s lips. Before she could say something more, I decided to shoo her off. I can already feel Irene glaring at my soul.

            “Go now. Can’t leave the princess waiting, right?”

            “Right.” Wendy winked at me and walked to her girlfriend.  

           

                Right, just another peaceful morning, don’t you think?

                Eyyy—no.

            I may not know much about Irene and Wendy, but after a few months working in the café and seeing the high school couple every Saturday… I pretty much realized that Irene and Wendy together isn’t really… peaceful. Because no matter how slow and chill Saturday mornings are like in the vicinity, Irene and Wendy know how to break it. And they know how to break it so good…

            And for your information, it’s usually just Irene and Wendy in the café every Saturday morning. With Wendy’s loud voice and Irene’s sharp comebacks, Saturday mornings aren’t exactly peaceful. And you’ll soon find out why…

 

            “Hey, Irene! Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is showing next week. Let’s watch it together, shall we?” Wendy said wither rare aegyo. I almost scoffed in the background. It doesn’t suit her hahaha.

            I was expecting Irene to retort something, maybe another snar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter