[ special part 05 ]

[ Untitled ] [Under Editing Process]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Irene]

 

            No matter how much I love Wendy, sometimes she’s just a pure definition of “annoying”.

            We’re graduating soon, but sometimes it feels like I’m still spending time with a kid, a really annoying kid in a whole new level…

            Ok, I’m pretty sure I said that I don’t mind Wendy changing, in fact I wouldn’t want her to change those qualities that made her, well her. Still, I must’ve forgotten how annoying she gets when she acts like a kid before.

            “I told you, Wendy! I was not drunk last night!” I huffed that Sunday morning after a little crazy evening party with the usual gang, which was simply the JoyGi couple, Eunji, Naeun, Wendy and me. Yeri was there too but she went home early because curfew.

            Wendy, with her forever annoying make faces as she lazily lied on the couch, laughed. “You totally are, Irene! And I’m forbidding you from drinking alcohol from now on!”

            “Who are you to stop me from drinking anyway?”

            She shrugged. “You’re a bad drunk.”

            “I’m not drunk!”

            Wendy rolled her eyes. “Irene, you tried to highlight my face because you said I’m important! Who in their right minds would do that?! Admit it, you’re drunk.”

            Wendy – 1   Irene - 0

            I shut up. She obviously won that battle. The rest of the group was laughing their off while I just want to melt into a puddle right there and then.

            Annoying. That’s my girlfriend.

            With crossed arms, I walked out to Joy’s kitchen, trying to find some food for hangover. I do have a hangover and annoying Wendy is not making me feel better.

            But of course, even if you wanted some space, that annoying little lass decided to follow me in the kitchen with pouty lips and guilty eyes.

            When our gazes meet, she tried to smile, as if trying to convince me not to be mad anymore. It’s not gonna work though, even if he looks like a small seal. Others wonder how I could resist such cute being. I simply don’t. I ignore her instead.

            “Irene…” She mumbled, tugging on my arm, still pouting.

            “Not gonna work, Wendy.”

            “Ireeeeeeeeneeeeee~~~”

            I sighed. “What?”

            “Are you mad at me?”

            “Guess.”

            “No?”

            “Have another guess.” I deadpanned.

            Wendy jumped to me for a hug, still pouting. I almost lost balance if I wasn’t able to hold unto the counter, with Wendy’s weight pulling me down in the back. “Ah, Irene~ I was just teasing you! Don’t be mad at me, please?”

            “Wendy, I’m not mad. I’m just not in the mood. Besides, my hangover is acting up.” I muttered. “And can you please get down. You’re heavy, Wendy.”

            “So… you admit that you were drunk?” Wendy grinned. “And I’m not heavy, Irene! I’m thinner than you now!”

            “Tipsy, maybe, but I wasn’t drunk!” I huffed. “And yeah sure, you’re thinner and shorter than me, Wendy.”

            Despite attacking her almost impossible height, Wendy just laughed. She’s probably used with my snarky remarks anyway. She planted a kiss on my cheeks (because she has to tip toe to reach my forehead, duh) before going through the stuff in the kitchen.

            “What do you want for breakfast, Joohyun unnie?” She asked softly. I know half of the reason why she was being soft and sweet was to appease me. However, I also know she’ll still do the same thing for me if I wasn’t being mean and snarky to her.

            Another annoying thing about Wendy: she’s too nice.

            “Some scrambled eggs, I guess? Maybe some chicken noodle soup too, for the other girls.”

            And then, Chef Wendy started to cook while I just stared at her. I wasn’t exactly mad at Wendy though, probably just my moody attitude in the morning. And even if I was, it would be slowly depleting as I stared at my girlfriend cook. I mean, just look right there! She’s perfect! Except her exam scores… but still a little bit perfect

            Without thinking, I found myself hugging her from behind, burying my face on her nape, my arms resting comfortably on her waist.

            “Hey, I’m cooking.” Wendy mumbled after making a perfect set of scrambled eggs.

            “Do you want me to let go?” My voice was muffled with her hair.

            She shook her head. “Would you let an angel go? I think not.”

            “Are you subtly implying that I’m an angel, Son Seungwan-ssi?” A smirk started forming on my lips.

            “Well…” She turned around to face me, “I guess you’re more than th—“

            “I can’t believe you’re flirting in my kitchen.”

            And there goes the collective groans from Wendy and I. Joy strutted inside the kitchen with Naeun tailing her from behind. I raised my eyebrows but she just laughed.

            “I just came to get some water.” Naeun explained. “As for Joy… she wants to check if her kitchen’s still clean or…” As her voice trailed off, a blush crept up on both my face and Wendy’s.

            “We’re not doing that!” Wendy and I shouted at the same time, earning a laugh from the two mean girls.

            “Yeah, yeah… I’m pretty sure your love life isn’t that active anyway. Wendy looks like she wasn’t getting some.” Joy carelessly sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter