Half Bad

Lil' Something
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"For real!? Congratulations!" 

 

I watched as my blushing friend shrunk back into her chair after telling me the news over lunch. It was my birthday, but that isn't even important anymore. 

 

"About time. I thought Sehun was never going to ask," I smiled at Irene. I still remembered the day she transfered to our high school and I just found her way too similar to my equally quiet and expressionless classmate. So I kind of brought Irene along for every outing I had with the boys (yes I was hanging out with the guys a lot because of Baekhyun), and things just happened. 

 

"Will you be my bridesmaid? Sehun's going to rope Baekhyun in too on the team, but I think he's leaving best man spot to his own brother," Irene smiled. Was it just me, or was she more beautiful than she already was? Maybe it was the magic of marriage. Every girl in love or about to get married seem to radiate some sort of wondrous aura. 

 

"More than happy to," I said without hesitation. 

 

We continued the rest of lunch with more catch up session, mainly with me pestering her about how Sehun actually proposed. That brat could actually be a decent romantic when he wanted to be, because apparently he booked a table at some restaurant by the beach, arranged seashells into a giant heart before leading her there to finally propose in the set up. There were some musicians playing for them in the background, courtesy of some service at the restaurant, but Irene was too overwhelmed to actually recall what they were singing. 

 

I had always thought Irene was flawlessly beautiful, but as lunch went on, I could not believe how much more she had become after being with Sehun. 

 

Sehun-Irene was the second wedding I was attending that year, and it was only March. 

 

"This is fifteenth wedding from our class," Baekhyun said without looking up from his food. We were munching on the Black Forest cake that Baekhyun had made me that evening. I hummed a reply. 

 

"I can't believe even Sehun is settling down. I mean I know they have always been inseparable, but wow,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter