Diagnosis: In love (07)

Diagnosis: In love

 

I chose to go.

 

Soo Ah watched as I packed my luggage, "It's not like you're going there for very long, you don't have to pack so much."

It was then that I realised, I was excited to see him again after all.

Hence I kinda just repacked my luggage and it's only gonna be a two weeks trip, I'll have to be back and finish up the remaining assignments.

Soo Ah sent me to the airport and here I am at the States.

I hadn't really told Jong Dae regarding exactly what time I'll drop by but he said he'll be home the whole day so I can drop by anytime.

I wanted to get him something before visiting him, it's still kinda weird to be going to his place with empty hands isn't it?

I got a small sized fruit basket and then grabbed a cab to head towards the address given to me.

There I arrived at a three storey building, went up to second floor and here it is, his unit number was 0257.

I rang the bell and waited for him.

 

Kim Jong Dae was kinda just packing up the house before she comes.

He was looking forward to it, things have been really packed and he felt so bad for not being able to maintain a regular contact with her.

However he remembered the term breaks and so he really wished that he could see her during those periods.

 

The door opened up and here he is, standing right in front of me with a smart casual domestic outfit and he still looks wonderful.

"I.. I got this for you. Sorry to interrupt." I said and handed him the fruit basket.

Jong Dae took the fruit basket and simply said, "You don't have to buy me anything and you're not interrupting.."

It was then, tears rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably and I just couldn't help it.

Jong Dae quickly placed the fruit basket down, dragged my luggage in and also held onto my hand, bringing me into his apartment.

He closed the door behind us and hugged me close to him, "I'm sorry, don't cry.." Jong Dae said softly.

His embrace was so warm and safe just like how it always do, I missed being in his embrace all this time.

Kim Jong Dae can never do anything when he see her crying, as though her tears could have broke his heart immediately and he felt so much pain.

I clinged onto him for quite a while, Jong Dae wiped my tears away with his gentle, big hands and left a kiss on my forehead.

"Come on, don't cry anymore, I'm here and we are together." He hoaxed.

 

I nodded in his embrace, he brought me over to the sofa area and told me to take a seat while he gets us drinks.

I held onto his hand as he was about to make his way, Jong Dae turned and looked at me, "Don't worry, I'll be right back." he said with a smile then I let him go.

Jong Dae quickly came back with some fruit juice and sat down beside me, "Did you find it hard to come here?" He asked.

I shook my head, "The directions you gave were clear." I said.

Jong Dae just looked at me and didn't say anything afterwards, I felt like he's gonna be doing this for long till I say something again, makes me blushed at his intense gaze.

Jong Dae smiled and let out soft laugh, "Min Ah, you are too cute." he said.

Jong Dae held onto my hand and our fingers locked, "I'm sorry, these days were mad and I can't seem to have time to call you while you're awake."

I could see that he had already lost some weight, his facial features were getting even more defined, and he certainly don't look very good but still handsome in my eyes.

I caressed his cheek gently, "Have you been eating well?" I asked.

Jong Dae held my hand, "Don't worry, I'm just trying to get used somehow."

He then remembered about my luggage at the main door, "Come on, I'll bring you to your room." Jong Dae said and both of us got up.

The apartment was considered to be huge especially there is only one person staying in it.

Jong Dae held onto my hand while he pulled the luggage along with the other and then led me into a room with simple deco and placed my luggage inside.

"If you need anything, just let me know, we can get those." He said.

I gave him a hug, Jong Dae smiled upon my action, "I don't need anything else aside you." I said.

Jong Dae hugged me close to him, "Silly, me too."

It was just nice about lunch time, "Are you hungry? Or would you like to rest a bit?" He asked.

I had a bit of a jet lag and so I wanted to rest a bit but I wanna be spending time with him, "I'm good, we can get lunch." I said.

Jong Dae patted my head gently, "Have some rest first, or would you like to shower first? I'll prepare lunch, you can come out again later."

I looked at him, "You're cooking?"

He pinched my nose gently, "I assure you those food are edible, now go and have a shower." Jong Dae said cheekily and so I agreed to his arrangements.

 

I had a quick shower, did a brief drying of my hair with the towel before heading out to the dining room.

The smell travelled and it was really good, "Smells good." I said and went to him, he prepared pastas for us.

Jong Dae let me help him with the plating and then we sat down for lunch, "Thank you for the good food." I said.

"Taste it first." He cheekily responded.

It was good upon the first bite and I'd say it's pretty successful, I knew he could cook but I didn't know that he was this good.

"Have you been cooking by yourself these days?" I asked.

Jong Dae just kinda grabbed himself a drink, "Well, I don't wanna lie to you, I don't really have the time to do this but I promise, we can do this however much you want when you're around." he said.

Upon hearing, I just had to ask, "So how did you settle food?"

Jong Dae showed me a whole cupboard of instant food plus the food delivery options those he had in a small box nearby the fridge.

"Really?" I asked, feeling a little heartache, no wonder he lost so much weight.

He used to eat those high class food at home and now he's gotta cook for himself or just order food from outside.

"Come on, don't frown. I don't get food delivered home every day too, sometimes I'll be out to have good food too." He hugged me and used his finger to soothe out my frown.

I just kinda didn't know what to say and so I hugged him for a while more before we continued our lunch.

"Then for the period of time when I'm visiting you, we shall have good food together." I said with a smile to comfort myself and to assure him too.

 

Jong Dae and I spent time together in the house, it was a weekend after all so he didn't have to be in school. 

I got him to show me how his room looked like and it was still neat, just some books lying around on the table.

"Was it really tough?" I asked.

Jong Dae smiled and embraced me, "Nah, it was just kinda tough with the competition but I'm still good."

I turned and looked at him, "Oh? That sounded very confident huh?"

He laughed at how I was trying so hard to , "Min Ah, if you keep being so cute, I won't bear to let you go ever again." Jong Dae said.

I snuggled into his embrace, "You don't know how much I missed you..." I said.

Jong Dae left a kiss on my forehead and hugged me closer to him, "Silly, I missed you too." he said.

We spent some time just talking about how we were recently and Jong Dae got to know that I've met a few new friends, he shared with me whom he met and got close with as well.

Then we decided to make a trip to the supermart nearby so that we can get groceries for tonight's dinner. 

Jong Dae said it was just a very close five to ten minutes walk and so we got up and went out.

 

It was quite a coincidence to have met this new friend of Jong Dae's at the supermart too...