Diagnosis: In love (03)

Diagnosis: In love

 

It was pretty much a sticky situation when we first met.

Kim Jong Dae, a senior year four and was about to graduate medical school soon. He's the famous guy whom everyone is talking about and knew as his family is really powerful be it in the medical fields or political ones.

Kim Jong Dae comes from a Doctor's family and he's indeed a medical genius. I've just entered school not too long, started my junior year one with people around me who talks about him every now and then whenever we get to see him in public.

There's just this fateful encounter whereby we met each other for the first time and since then, we kind of got stuck with each other.

 

"Mr Kim, you might want to just talk to the lady who's just reserved this book as well." The librarian was in quite a sandwich position when both of us wanted the same book but there's only one of it in the library.

I headed over to the library after class when the librarian gave me a call to ask if I can personally drop by to collect the reserved book instead of having them courier it.

That was then, I saw a tall figure standing there, he's wearing a milky white long frock due to the cold weathers thesedays. A golden edge framed glasses fit his image as a studious student and doesn't do any thing that hurts his fashion sense as well.

I walked over to the counter and introduced myself briefly before we speak.

"You see, I really need this book for my thesis." He said, not wanting to spend too much time there.

I'm not in a state whereby I can just say "Oh really, I'm sorry then here you go." as I really need the book as well.

"I'm sorry sunbae, I'll need this for my essay writing as well. I understand that your thesis is very important, is there a way whereby we can work this out?" I asked politely, hoping that he can be understanding enough to agree to something.

Kim Jong Dae watched as this petite lady in front of him is trying to negotiate things out with him. 

This wasn't really the first time whereby someone negotiated things with him but in this school whereby almost everyone knew who he was, there's still her who's standing right in front of him, talking to him like this.

Kim Jong Dae thought that it would be interesting if he listens to what she has to say so he decided to agree and give in.

I smiled upon his agreement, I gave it a quick thought, "I can let sunbae have the book first since my essay is only due in two weeks. Can we meet again in one week's time so that I can get this book from you?" I asked.

Jong Dae was seemingly in deep thoughts, looking like he's giving it a very through consideration about this suggestion, then he came to a conclusion.

He took the book from the librarian, "We'll be borrowing this book for very important papers, any idea if it can be under both our names so that we can borrow it till the day we no longer need it?" 

The librarian heard us narrating our reasons too so she offered this option of signing an agreement that has a few terms to it for us to borrow the book for a long period.

Both of us signed and then left the library for now.

"Let's exchange numbers so that when either one of us need the book urgently, at least we can contact each other beforehand." Jong Dae suggested and we exchanged contacts.

"I believe you aren't the type to spread the number around, I hope." He said.

I nodded my head, "I'll take note of it, sunbae." 

 

Just as we were about to leave, the skies turned dark and it started pouring heavily.

"Woah woah, never trust the weather forecast when they says there's not gonna be rain." Jong Dae said as he watched the rain pours and he had nothing with him.

"Sunbae, don't mind if I'll keep the book first in case it gets wet and I have an umbrella with me if you don't mind sharing." I offered.

Kim Jong Dae nodded and since we just signed an agreement, he should do his part in protecting the book as well.

"Shall we go over to the main building first?" I asked.

Kim Jong Dae agreed and took her umbrella and we walked together under it. She's so small size that he can't help but developed a feeling that he got to protect her well.

We reached the main building together and the crowd is building up as everyone was there to take shelter from the rain.

I couldn't get use to the intense gaze by the crowd and was feeling cold as I didn't have my jacket with me either.

Just then, Jong Dae placed his white frock over me and said, "Keep it with you first." and then he left, knowing that he's the reason why people are looking at us.

I scurried off by the time I came back to senses, went back straight to the dormitory in case people start questioning me anything weird.

My heart was thumping so fast and I felt so warm despite the cold weather, not sure if it was just because of me running back or was it the warmth that was from his coat.

Jong Dae smells good, a soft scent that lingered from the white frock which gives off a calming feel.

I checked my bag for the keys and it was then I saw the book.

So that was what Jong Dae meant before he left, I thought he was just talking about the coat...

I went into the room and took the book and my phone out, I thought I should just leave him a text.

"Sunbae, thank you for the coat earlier and also, the book is still with me. I think you will need it more urgently than me, please let me know when you need it." I texted.

Then I went to get a change of clothes as my pants are wet due to the rain.

 

By then when I went back out in the room, my room mate Shin Soo Ah is back.

"Soo Ah, you are pretty early today." I said, the clock shows 3pm.

Usually she will be in the lab practicing on practicals so she wouldn't be back at this timing but a later time like 5pm in the evening.

She kinda just took her coat off and placed it by the side, "Is this your new frock? It looks a bit oversized." She asked.

I shook my head, "A very nice sunbae lent it to me just now." I said.

"Oh." Soo Ah then went to get herself a change of clothes before coming back out.

"I couldn't managed to go on with practicing because aparently Kim Jong Dae booked the lab for his thesis." Soo Ah explained, remembering that she didn't really answer me just now.

"I see.." I glanced over at the book and thought of him.

Soo Ah watched as I fall into deep thoughts, "Hey hey, you alright?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. Probably just a little tired with the things happening today."

Soo Ah was a little concerned, "You okay? Sure that everything is alright?" she placed her palm on my forehead, "Okay, doesn't feel very hot."

I smiled and looked at her, "I'm alright, don't worry. Shall we get dinner together outside? It's rare that you're back early too."

She agreed, " Well, let's see if the rain is gonna stop any time soon."

Both of us decided to start on our assignments first while we wait for the rain to dim down a little but..

"Oh dear, seems like it's gonna be like this for a while." Soo Ah said.

The time is now 5pm, seems like the rain isn't gonna stop.

"Shall we just call for delivery?" Soo Ah offered.

I nodded and took my phone out, it was only now that I realised he texted.

 

[2 new messages]

"You can pass it to me tomorrow during lunch."

"Hey, I'm sorry to say, if it's possible, can you drop by the lab now? I need the book for my experiment."

 

I shot up from my seat, Soo Ah got quite a scare, "Oh, sorry dear, I'll be going out for a while, dropped something. I'll be back soon, order food first if you want."

I grabbed the white coat and the book with me, also my phone and then went straight out to the lab.

By the time I reached the lab, there was only him alone working in the lab. I figured he suits wearing white, the white lab coat looks so good on him.

I shook that thought off my head and entered the room after a light knock on the door.

Jong Dae was handling a few chemicals at one go, there were many experimental samples laid out as well.

He was so focused that he didn't notice me hence I just sat down by one side and waited while I watched him do his own stuffs.

It was then he finally took a break and realised that I was there, "Woah. How long have you been here?" He asked.

He noticed the book, "Thanks. Did you come back specially?"

I shook my head, "I'm staying in the dormitory so it's not too far."

Jong Dae placed the chemical down safely, took his gloves off and then came to me.

"Thanks." He said.

"I got your coat along, thank you." I said.

He nodded, "That's not a very big deal. It's late, you should be back."

I was kinda curious with his experiment, "Sunbae, can I stay for a while more?" I asked.

Jong Dae eyed me and then back to his experiments, "Interested?"

I beamed upon hearing that, "Can I just stay and watch?"

He figured it was okay so he agreed to letting me stay. As he continue with the experiment, there were things whereby he couldn't really do it on his own at one time so I assisted him with it.

"Which major do you plan on taking?" He asked.

I helped with holding some of his apparatus and replied, "Neurology."

Jong Dae let out a soft laugh, it sounds melodious to the ears.

"Was that something very funny?" I asked, I can't to be angry with him either.

He shook his head, "I thought female doctors would prefer something else."

I looked at him, "Then what about you? Neuro as well?"

He nodded, "That's my aim."

 

It was just then my phone rang, I eyed the ID caller and remembered that Soo Ah and I were supposed to have dinner together.

"Oh dear, I should go off now. Sorry sunbae, I'll be off now. I forgot that I'm having dinner with my room mate." I said.

Jong Dae took his gloves off, as I was about to leave, the rain hadn't stop.

"Hey, you shouldn't be wearing such thin clothings." He placed his white coat on me once again, "Don't bother to return me in such a hurry."

I thanked him with a smile, bowed and then left.

Kim Jong Dae watched as the petite figure left, she's cute, he thought.

 

When I got back to the dormitory, Soo Ah was sitting there with the jjajangmyeon that she ordered for quite a while and looked at me, seemingly demanding for a reason.

"Soo Ah ~" I went to her and looked at her, "Sorry.."

"Just where were you just now? I was waiting for you because you said you'd be back soon." She seems really angry though.

I apologised once again and she asked, "You went to meet someone didn't you? Who is it? The owner of the white frock?"

I nodded, can't seem to lie in front of her and I don't have the intention to as well. Hence I told her what happened and all about Kim Jong Dae as well.

She wasn't any fazed, well she's the cool type to start with so I'm comfortable to talk to her.

"So you got curious about what he was experimenting and you decided to leave your best friend here waiting?" She asked.

I was about to cry already, "Soo Ah~~ I'm sorry, so sorry, I can't be more sorry than now." I said.

"Alright, at least tell me the truth next time." She said.

"Roger!" I let out a cheeky smile and we had dinner together.