Diagnosis: In love (06)

Diagnosis: In love

 

When it was time to set off, Jong Dae and I went to get the stuffs and he drove us to the airport.

We did the checking in and all together, after that we just simply sat down together near the departure gates.

"Come over when it's term break, I'm not sure how busy things are gonna be over there but I'll make time for you." He said with a calming voice.

I rest my head on his shoulder, "It's okay, I'll feel bad if you had to rush things just to keep me accompany." I said.

Jong Dae squeezed my hand which he had been holding for quite a while, "Then it's set, I'll be back during my term break."

I smiled and looked at him, "We are going to be okay, am I right?"

He nodded, "Though I'll miss you, for sure."

We then spent time, just holding hands, small talk, looking at the human flow and time passed just like that.

Jong Dae and I both heard the announcement that his flight was ready for boarding, he hugged me close and said, "I'll be back, I promise." He said.

I nodded in his embrace then he looked at me, gaze locked, we shared a kiss, a deep and long one.

Jong Dae and I hugged for a while more before he leaves for boarding.

It was then when he had entered the boarding gates and was no longer in sight, my tears dropped.

I think I'm already missing him.

It wasn't long since Jong Dae sent me a text when he reached his place at the States and I'm happy to know that he's safe.

We send each other short messages every now and then but I figured he was just really busy with things over there and so I didn't want to bother him too much.

 

It was then time passed as it always do, the second year started.

I met a new classmate, his name is Oh Se Hun. He had just transferred over as well, due to his parents who had recently moved back from Australia to Korea, he has this fancy hair and very fashionable way of dressing up as well.

Everyone started to know about this new transfer student who's a Korean but speaks fluent English.

Coincidentally, I was arranged to be having our pair assignment with him, that was when we started getting close.

Oh Se Hun came to greet first, "You are Min Ah, am I right? I've heard that you are really good with this so I hope we can be able to work well on this."

I smiled, "I'm sure we will, I look forward to working on this with you too, Se Hun."

We had more challenging assignments than what we had in year one and that's pretty much how things are gonna be till we eventually graduates.

Se Hun had really good hands, very nimble and he's really detailed and careful but swift at the same time.

"Se Hun, you're really good at this!" I was amazed at how fast he was able to dissect the sample, get the tumour out without causing damage and then stitched the sample up in just less than a fourty-five minutes.

"Well I'm sure Min Ah you can do this just as well too." He smiled as he took his gears off then it was my turn to practice.

As though his words were a power boost, I did the assignment pretty well and finished it up about the same period of time too.

"See? I told you." Se Hun patted my head gently after I took of my gears.

I was feeling a little weird when he did so but I didn't mind it as he was just smiling so happily and probably feel comfortable with me.

 

We were often seen hanging around together, it was then Se Hun introduced me to Jong In and I introduced Ki Rin when we went out together for lunch on a weekend.

It was a pity that Soo Ah couldn't join us as she had projects going on and usually she's the type that wouldn't go out till she finished them all up.

Thankfully Ki Rin was comfortable with the new guys and it happens that Jong In happened to be her coursemate, just that they hadn't really spoke to each other before.

"Then I guess we aren't really new after all?" Se Hun jokingly said and we smiled along as we continued with ordering food and drinks.

"So Ki Rin and Jong In hadn't really met before in school?" I asked, while we just small talk in between.

"Yeah, I guess the campus is big enough and so unless we happened to be in the same class, it can happen that Jong In and I never met." Ki Rin said.

"Well I hope to be able to be in the same class as Ki Rin next semester. Heard that you're really good." Jong In said humbly.

"I've also heard that Jong In scored a full marks in the competency test recently too." Ki Rin complimented.

"Hey hey, this is not a praise each other contest ya? Shall we focus more on the food?" Se Hun joked and kinda just led us on to other topics to talk to.

 

It was then, Se Hun spoke about him.

"It's a pity that I only got to transfer back this year, if I did so last year then maybe I could have met the famous Kim's descendant. Kim Jong Dae, I've heard so much." 

I kinda frozed when I heard his name, Se Hun noticed my action and was concerned, "Min Ah, are you alright? Did I mention anything wrong?"

I shook my head, "No, nothing."

"Do you happen to know him? Kim Jong Dae?" Se Hun asked.

Ki Rin heard about this from Soo Ah but she didn't want to ask me much about it as well, just in case I might be sad about it.

Se Hun's straightforwardness was due to the fact that he was unaware of what happened.

"It's just that I happen to know him, nothing big." I said.

Se Hun held onto my hand all of a sudden, giving all of us quite a shock, "Hey, I don't like it that you are frowning and showing such a sad face." he said.

He looked so serious that I couldn't help but to nod and then smiled, "I'm alright, there's really nothing."

 

Then we just continued with our meals, Ki Rin suggested for us to watch a movie. We agreed and went along with her idea, with two males and two females, it almost seems like a double date.

Se Hun was being considerate by lending me his jacket, "Your hands are cold, tell me if you can't tolerate it." he said.

I looked up at him, Se Hun reminds me of Jong Dae very often, too often that I'm afraid I might treat him for Jong Dae instead.

I nodded, "I'm good, don't worry. Thanks for the jacket." I said.

The seatings are arranged to be Se Hun then myself, and then Ki Rin then Jong In. 

In the middle of the movie, it started getting really cold. Se Hun could sensed that I was uncomfortable and so he held onto my hands to keep me warm.

I was feeling shy and didn't know what to do, he whispered, "I'm just regulating the temperature, it won't be too long."

This again, why is that he can be able to say such similar things and do similar things as well?

Se Hun let go of my hands after my hands got warm after a while and we continued with the movies. Ki Rin was crying towards the end and luckily Jong In had tissue to offer.

We then decided to just end the day with dinner together as well. Afterwards, we went seperate ways back home.

 

Ki Rin was holding onto my hand while we walked to the subway station, "Min Ah, I think it's pretty obvious that Se Hun developed a liking for you." she said.

"Is that so?" I asked.

Ki Rin looked at me, "Come on, it's not weird that there's gonna be more than one guy chasing my beautiful best friend right here but I guess, you can be frank with him when it comes to Kim Jong Dae." she said.

I felt a little down whenever someone mentioned his name, "It's fine I guess, leaving it like this." I said.

Upon hearing, "Min Ah, did Kim Jong Dae not say anything to assure you?" She asked.

Come to think of it, Jong Dae really didn't say anything related to us going steady but just spent time together with me.

I really had no idea what we were and now that he's not here seems to have made things even more confused.

Ki Rin and I walked towards the subway, she said, "You know, it's really not a bad thing to consider Se Hun if Kim Jong Dae really didn't confirm things. Just treat it as he's just spending time with you as good friends or sorts like that."

I looked at her who's being serious, "Ki Rin, I'm not sure. I can't seem to decide too, he's not here either plus.. I think I need some time to clear out my feelings before deciding to accept a new one."

Ki Rin gave me a hug, "Alright, sorry for being slightly pressuring, I was just feeling really sad."

I smiled and hugged her back, "Thanks."

Ki Rin smiled, "Well, that's what friends are for and not to mention both of us. Well, I'm sure when Soo Ah is around, the three of us would be great."

I nodded, "She's certainly packed with projects thesedays, we shall find a day to drag her out."

 

I returned to the dormitory and Soo Ah just finished up, "Oh hey, you're back?" She greeted then lets out a slight yawn.

I smiled, "Got you a warm cup of soup before you go to sleep." I said and passed her the cup of ginseng chicken soup.

"Thanks. How was it?" She received the bag and asked. 

We sat down together and she started enjoying her soup while I kinda placed things aside, "Nothing much actually but I met a guy who's studying the same course as Ki Rin and he seems friendly too." I said.

"So that Se Hun guy? How was he?" Soo Ah asked.

Nothing ever seems to escape her eyes, I swear, luckily she's my friend and not an enemy.

I kinda just shook my head, "There's really nothing much."

Soo Ah placed her spoon down, "Okay, that Se Hun guy aside. What about Kim Jong Dae? Has he been contacting you?" she asked.

I shook my head, "He's busy, I don't wanna bother him as well."

Soo Ah looked at me and she made sure that I was looking straight into her eyes as well, "So now what? Is that Kim toying with you or you decided to not continue this relationship?"

I can't answer her at all, "Soo Ah, I need some time to think about this too."

Soo Ah held my hand, "Did Kim Jong Dae said that he wants to be your boyfriend or did he said things like wanting you to be his girlfriend?"

I kept quiet, Soo Ah then understood things, "I see. It will be good for you to just leave him alone like this then." she said and then continued with her soup.

I looked at her, "I get what you mean, don't worry. I just need some time for now."

She nodded, "Go wash up first, rest early."

I got up and went on with prepping to sleep.

 

These days, I was just trying to focus on studies and work, trying to not let anything affect me too much.

It was then, term break was coming and I received a text from him.

"Are you coming over?" Jong Dae texted.

It has been so long but he remembered that I told him that term break was gonna be these few days.

I can't really give him a clear answer, "I'll let you know when things are confirmed."

"Okay, I'll be busy these days but just drop me a text when you're coming over." Jong Dae texted and there were no more messages from him.

 

Should I go or should I not?
 

 


There's a poll! Kindly vote and I'll take that for developmental use in this story :)