Diagnosis: In love (01)

Diagnosis: In love

 

"Dr Seo, can you come over to the A&E? There's a traffic accident five minutes ago on the highways and the wounded would be coming over to our side in another five." I received a call from the nurses and hence rushed over.

"Min Ah, you're here? Great." Oh Se Hun, a colleague of mine under the Neurosurgeon department happens to be in the same lift as me.

"Se Hun? I thought you went for the seminar?" I was pretty much elated to see him but was kinda in doubt because I remembered clearly that he's attending a seminar today.

Sehun shrugged his shoulders, "Well, glad that I had a perfect reason to call off that." 

 

We ran towards the entrance of the hospital and saw ambulance after ambulance coming to us one by one. 

Our head, Kim Jong Dae, was already there with the cardiologists doing the first screening for those patients.

"Dr Kim, how's the situation?" Se Hun and I head over immediately and the amount of people coming in is really quite a number.

Jong Dae instructed both of us to get ready, "Definitely need to get them into the theatre." the residents went on to get us arranged for the patients's surgeries.

Surgeries going on non-stop for almost a close to 72 hours. Jong Dae, Se Hun and I usually are together for surgeries, both of us works well with Jong Dae hence he arranged us together like this.

Finally finished up with the last patient successfully, "Dr Kim, allow me to finish up for you." I said and Dr Kim nodded.

I finished up with the stitching and then went out of the operation theatre.

 

Jong Dae was there waiting for me with a cup of latte.

I smiled and went to him, "Thank you. It's been tough these few days." I said.

"Thanks for your hard work." Jong Dae said while he passed me my favourite iced latte.

We walked our way to his office as we had things to discuss as well.

Se Hun was just around the corner, "Dr Kim, Dr Seo, just in time. I had some things to discuss with you two." he said and we head towards Jong Dae's office.

The discussion continued for quite a while till we finally get to take a break.

"Dr Seo, Dr Oh, both of you can get off work today. It's late already." Jong Dae said, the clock reached 5pm exactly and so we left his room.

"I shall give you a ride, let's get dinner, shall we?" Se Hun offered.

I smiled, "Okay, but can I drop by the pharmacy first?"

Se Hun knew what I had in mind, "Sure, I'll drop by to check on Jong In as well."

I nodded and we decided to meet at the lobby once we've changed out of our clothes.

 

Went down to level one and headed to the pharmacy, it was about time for them to get off work as well.

Se Hun and I decided to wait around, when we see that both of them came out together then we went to them.

"Min Ah?" Kim Ki Rin beamed and ran my way then gave me a big hug, "Were you waiting for me?~"

I laughed at her cuteness, "I am. Well, Se Hun and I were waiting for you and Jong In. We decided to get dinner, wanna come along?"

"Can I?" Ki Min looked at Jong In and Se Hun who's also just done with the brotherly fist.

"Sure, why not? I'm driving so everyone get on the car. Anywhere preferred, ladies?" Se Hun smiled and the four of us made our way to the carpark first.

"Well, too bad that Soo Ah couldn't join us for dinner." Ki Rin was slightly disappointed but it can't be helped.

Shin Soo Ah, our long time best friend is currently a General Surgeon in the same hospital and she's got night shift to run hence we can't meet her up today.

"I believe we will be able to meet up soon." I said.

 

Jong In offered to drive instead, knowing that Se Hun and I was just done with a 72 hours shift, it's dangerous to let Se Hun drive .

"Let's drop by somewhere near then?" I suggested and we decided to head to the restaurant whereby we usually frequent.

Ki Rin was quite concerned with the recent traffic accident, I nodded agreeing to her worries, "It was quite bad, after us, some patients had to undergo yet other surgeries as their internal organs are damaged too."

"No wonder Chan Yeol couldn't make it out." Jong In murmured to himself.

"Yeah, I suppose the General Surgeons are just after us. We've been together for the past few days, too much overlappings." Se Hun commented while looking at the menu.

"Let's get something not reddish at all, I'm sick of looking at red meat." Se Hun definitely needs a break.

We laughed, placed our orders and simply just sitting there while we wait for our food to be served.

 

"The pharmacy seems to be pretty packed these days?" I asked Ki Rin, looking at her being all so tired.

"Yeah, these days it's mad. Pure madness. Can you imagine the counter hit six hundred almost everyday?" Ki Rin frowned and looked at Jong In, "We were all not allowed to have offs this week, OT, OT and still OT."

"Fortunately, today we can be released." Jong In heaved a sigh of relief.

"Anyways, finally it's our off, let's just have a good meal and then rest well." I said.

The food came, we chit chat while we eat and everything's good.

 

Just then, I spotted someone familiar opposite the streets..

"Se Hun, look, isn't that Dr Kim?" I asked.

He's with a lady but doesn't seem to be anyone I knew from the hospital, they seems to be really close...

"Oh, looks like him indeed. With a lady huh? I guess that's his girlfriend." Se Hun said, without noticing anything else.

"Dr Kim has a girlfriend?" I asked, I didn't know about anything at all.

Se Hun eyed me, "Never knew you were so concerned about him? It's not surprising that the descendent of the famous Kim doctors' family got a girlfriend or maybe he was just having an arranged meeting?" 

I shook my head, "Nothing of that sort." I said and continued with my meals.

Se Hun didn't mention anything after that as well.

Jong In and Ki Rin kinda got stuck in an awkward situation but slowly, the talk continued with Ki Rin saying that she wanna visit me at my place.

"We can just grab the feeder bus home, don't worry." Ki Rin said and held onto my hand before we make our way out to the bus stop nearby.

 

Se Hun gave Jong In his car keys and got into the car without saying anything, probably still thinking about what happened just now.

Jong In shook his head and went into the car too, started the engine and then started driving.

"Hey, if you like her, just say it to her directly rather than being like this now." Jong In said and looked into the mirror's reflection, "That's how a jealous man looks like."

Se Hun eyed him, "Can't you just drive without talking for now?" 

Jong In nodded, "Alright, I got it. You take your own time to chill while the fateful lady's heart is now with someone else."

After a short while, Se Hun broke the silence, "Do you think she really likes him?" He asked.

Jong In got the car up onto the expressway and said, "Well, looking at how she was concerned with him going out with someone else, a lady in fact, I guess she does like him. A lot, I would say." 

Se Hun's expressions dimmed down, "Must you say it like this?"

Jong In made a turn with the wheels, "Then what do you want me to say? How do you want me to phrase it? She likes him, that's the truth and you are still here not doing anything to express yourself because you're just not daring enough to say I love you to her in her face."

"Kim Jong In!" Se Hun flared.

"What!" Jong In stopped the car nicely at his place, apparently they are neighbours so it's just nice for them.

Se Hun got off the car, slammed the car door and went up first, Jong In then drove the car into the car park.

"Gosh, that brat got to be told things in such a direct way so as to realise what his true feelings are.." Jong In murmured to himself, at the same time, he hopes for the best for his best friend too.

 

On the other side, Ki Rin and I sat down together while getting on our way home in the bus.

"Min Ah, are you okay? Seems like you are troubled after seeing Dr Kim just now?" she asked.

I shook my head, "I'm fine. Don't worry."

Ki Rin held onto my hand, "You like him, don't you? If not, you wouldn't be behaving like this now."

I looked at her, "Is it that obvious?"

She nodded her head, "Did you ever express your feelings towards him?"

I shook my head, "Of course not. He treats me as a normal surbordinate of him, there's nothing special to start with."

"Who says so? Min Ah, you're beautiful, talented, intelligent, a very outstanding doctor if I have to say. Plus, as a friend, you're definitely the best one." Ki Rin said, her eyes seems to be brightening up.

I smiled upon hearing her nice words, "Ki Rin, thank you. I think I'm just not good enough."

"No no, don't say things that bring yourself down! I'm sure.. hmm.. I'm sure he likes you too, once you tell him, he'll know." Ki Rin comforted.

I smiled and patted her head, "Aigoo our Ki Rin is now all grown up ya?" 

It used to be me comforting her with nice words and giving her hugs when she needs it, now I'm the receiving party, everything seems a little weird.

"But what I said is the truth. Man can be really dense sometimes so you got to tell them in their face before they realised it." She said.

"Speaking from experience?" I asked, smiled it off when she pouted, "Alright, thank you for the advice, teacher Ki Rin."

She was still slightly pouting due to me teasing her but then she laughed it off after seeing that I felt better already.

 

Kim Jong Dae was with a lady whom his parents have arranged for the meeting.

"I heard that Dr Kim you are now working in the National Hospital as the head of the Neurology department, that's a very great achievement for someone who's just 24 this year." She praised.

Kim Jong Dae let out a gentle smile, "That's too much of a compliment."

"Dr Kim, can I just call you by your name? I mean, it's not the hospital too, I thought calling you by your name would be fine." She asked.

Kim Jong Dae nodded, "Sure."

He wasn't fond of any of these, he's only just there because his parents arranged for it.

"Anyways, we need to keep this short. I've got to be back at the hospital later on." Kim Jong Dae said and was about to start his meal.

The lady frowed, lips pouted, "Must you really be back? It's a weekend after all. Couldn't we spend some time together?" She asked. 

Kim Jong Dae definitely has a standard for woman, one thing that he doesn't like about woman is when they started acting coy when he just mentioned that he has work.

"To me, my patients are my priority as a doctor." He said.

The lady then got the hint, she didn't continue to harp on the same topic.

Kim Jong Dae finished his meals fast and paid for the bills too, "I'll be going off first." He said and the cab which he arranged for the lady has arrived as well.

He got into his car and drove off back to the hospital.

 

"Kim Jong Dae... I'll definitely make you mine!" She thought to herself and got onto the cab.