Diagnosis: In love (05)

Diagnosis: In love

 

We arrived at the marine aquarium and got tickets for ourselves. There was quite a crowd inside, mainly made up of tourists.

Jong Dae and I went to a side which seems to have lesser people to start with.

"Jong Dae, look! Amazing, it looks so beautiful." I was enchanted by the jellyfish displays.

Kim Jong Dae stayed around her, watching her childlike personality surfacing and it makes him feel calm.

I turned and looked at him, "Oh sorry, I was just fascinated by it." I was shy for being so excited.

He shook his head, "It's good, you don't have to apologise for it."

I smiled and nodded my head, "Let's continue~" I said and we went on.

 

The crowd gets slightly more packed, Jong Dae went up to me and held my hand before I go even further, "Be careful, I don't wanna lose you here." he said.

He held onto my hand tightly but it doesn't hurt me, I could sense his warmth.

"Hey, your hands are cold." Jong Dae held both my hands together and huffed some warm air into it.

I was blushing when he did so, "What.. what are you doing..."

Jong Dae just looked at me with a plain look, "Your hands are cold, I'm conducting external regulation of temperture."

 

After a while, he's back to holding my hand and we continued with observing other displays.

I was amazed with the beautiful displays and can't help but to be focused on the displays.

Kim Jong Dae felt that he was getting slightly ignored by the girl and so he made his existence known by standing behind the girl and gave her a hug.

I was startled but realised it was just him, "Sunbae?" I asked, not knowing what to do.

He rest his chin on my shoulder, "That's not my name." He said with a lazy tone.

I didn't know what to do, "Jong..Jong Dae?"

Jong Dae then turned me around and gave me a tight hug, "This is a punishment for you who has just ignored me." 

I looked up and saw that he was slightly pouting. I gently laughed it off, pinched his nose gently and then said, "Silly."

Jong Dae held my hand and left a kiss on my forehead, "Thank you." he said.

I looked at him while touching the spot on my forehead gently, he smiled, "You're so beautiful that I can't keep my eyes off you." he said.

I blushed, "Oh.. why, thank you." I flustered when he said that just after the forehead kiss.

Jong Dae hugged me close to him, "You hungry?" he asked.

I nodded, he patted my head gently, "Then we shall get food." Jong Dae said and we left the aquarium. 

 

He drove us to a high class looking restaurant, "The usual." Jong Dae told the waitress who came to serve.

We were brought into a private cabin room which allows us to get a nice scenery view, "Order whatever you would like." Jong Dae said.

I looked at the menu, the price of a single mineral water is already 5000won for no good reasons?

I went on to look at the main dishes, I.. I don't think I have so much money with me either.

Kim Jong Dae watched as her facial expressions changes by the seconds and he smiled, how on earth can she be so adorable?

"We shall get two pastas. One cream based, the other one tomato based. Serve us.. hmm, that old bottle of red wine I had." Jong Dae told the waitress and she kept our menu.

I looked at him, Jong Dae smiled, "If I were to wait for you to make up your mind, I bet the sun is gonna go down and come back up again."

I pouted upon his teasing, "I was just.. just taking time to make wise decisions."

Jong Dae laughed, "Alright then, forgive me for making the wise decisions this time round on my own."

He held onto my hand, "I hope you enjoyed the day so far." Jong Dae said with his usual calm, soothing voice.

I nodded, "Thank you."

The waitress served us red wine, and I had a little bit of it as my alcohol tolerance wasn't really good.

"You can order something else later if you don't like alcohol." Jong Dae said, "I thought it will seem celebratory with a glass of red wine."

I nodded, "That's fine. I just can't drink a lot, a little won't kill."

Food got served not long after, I chose the cream based pasta and we started eating.

We small talk, looked at each other and then laughed it off once again like two silly fools.

"How was it? Does it taste good?" He asked.

I nodded, "It's great, I like it."

Then when it comes to settling the bill, Jong Dae fished out his card and handed it to the waitress. I don't really feel obliged that the man should pay for the meal but Jong Dae seemed to know what I was about to say.

He shook his head, "If anyone were to hear that I, Kim Jong Dae go dutch for a meal with a beautiful lady, I'm gonna become a disgrace to my family."

I didn't know that he took it so seriously, "I didn't mean that." I felt sorry all of a sudden.

Jong Dae came to my side, he left a kiss on my forehead, "Don't worry, shall we go? It's late, I shall drive you back." He said.

We got back into his car, Jong Dae held onto my hand as he drove his way. I like the way he hold my hand gently but firmly, makes me feels important.

When we arrived at the school's dormitory, Jong Dae hugged me close into his enbrace. I hugged him back, his warmth makes me greedy for him.

"Then we shall see each other tomorrow" He said.

I nodded, "Be careful on your way back home."

Jong Dae kissed my forehead one last time before he watches me enter the dormitory.

 

The following day, we met up together at the lab. Jong Dae wanted to pack his things and told me to meet him there as he wanted to tell me something personally.

I walked my way there with a heavy heart, I figured he might have wanted to tell me about something along that line which I've overheard other seniors talking about it.

He's leaving and it's gonna happen very soon. We spent time the whole of yesterday but he didn't even break the news to me, that makes me feel so horrible inside.

I stepped into the lab, Jong Dae knew it was me as he has only allowed me to enter his lab.

"Come over, I've something to show you." Jong Dae said when I just saw me and I dropped my stuffs somewhere before heading there.

He had something prepped under the microscope, "Look into it." Jong Dae smiled as he told me to.

His smile is always so warm, I nodded and went on to view what was there.

It was some form of culture and the microorganisms were coincidentally forming a heart shape under the microscope.

I smiled, "That's interesting. Sunbae, how did it do that?" I asked.

Jong Dae gave me a hug from the back just then, "It wasn't anything skillful but I thought of you and then it turned out like that." he said, his deep, calm voice resounded just beside my ear.

I was feeling shy when he did that, Jong Dae turned me over to look at him, "Let's see, were you the one who's causing this?" 

His face was so close to me, I could see his beautiful looking eyes at such a close distance.

 

Jong Dae looked at me, feeling that something was amiss, "What's wrong?" he asked.

My gaze averted, "Nothing..." I said.

Jong Dae held me close to him by putting his strong hand on my waist, "Did you happen to know something?"

I hugged him back tightly and nodded in his warm embrace, "Why didn't you tell me earlier? It feels horrible to know that you're leaving and it's gonna happen so soon, I didn't even get to hear it from you personally." I said.

I felt like I'm coming close to breaking down, tears were about to fall but I'm trying to keep them in first.

But I couldn't keep them in for long, tears welled up and fell.

Kim Jong Dae hugged the girl close to her, he kissed her on her forehead while feeling that his heart was about to tear apart when he saw her crying.

"I'm sorry, sorry..." He apologised as he wiped my tears off gently for me with his warm hand.

"I'll miss you.. a lot." I cried, Jong Dae simply just hugged me throughout and pacified me with his own gentle ways.

Only till I managed to calm down on my own, he smiled, "Come on, it's not like I'm gonna leave now. We still have time, I can have you by my side till then, am I right?" he asked.

I nodded, "You better be." I said with a slight pout.

Jong Dae chuckled upon seeing so, "Definitely."

He told me afterwards that he was going to leave two weeks later so we decided to just spend time together by creating memories together.

Jong Dae agreed for us to go to places that we want to go together so I came up with a list and then he was just smiling, "I'd love to go anywhere with you." he said.

 

Our first stop was the library, had to return the book anyway. We spent some time in the library as well, he mentioned something about he was going to miss the library.

"Why so?" I asked.

He held onto my hands without bothering with the other people who were also in the library, "Because we met here." Jong Dae said with a sweet smile.

I blushed upon hearing but nodded, "I think I will think of you whenever I'm here." I said.

Jong Dae and I held hands and decided to head out, we went all around with the time we had. Till it was really near the departure day, Jong Dae asked if I could go shopping with him.

We were at the department store for almost one whole day, getting clothes and things that he would probably need.

I'm sure his family prepared enough but I just wanted to make sure. Jong Dae seemed to have understood my intentions and so he agreed to get those things.

Which then, I was a little guilty for that, "Jong Dae, I'm sorry for being so pushy." I said.

Jong Dae hugged me close to me, "Silly, I don't find it pushy at all. It's all because of you that I felt better and more confident that I can manage it on my own over there." he said.

I looked up at him, he left a kiss on my forehead, "Don't think like that, I like who you are and appreciate what you have done for me."

We made full use of the days remaining, spending almost everyday with each other when possible.

 

However, the day still has got to come. We had half a day together, Jong Dae arranged a night flight so that we can spend time together.

For the first time, I went to his place. Jong Dae said for us to have breakfast together before deciding where to go.

His parents weren't there in the house as what Jong Dae has mentioned before, they were overseas often due to different seminars and had to conduct surgeries there as well.

Jong Dae came down, wearing his casual home clothes and it still looks good on him.

"Don't mind?" He said with a cheeky smile, seemingly comfortable with showing this side of him to me.

I nodded with a brilliant smile in response to him, "Of course not."

We sat down for dinner in the dining hall. Yes, a huge, magnificent looking grand dining hall.

"Sorry, it's just a family thing that everything is so grand." Jong Dae said, he held onto my hand and led me through all the way.

I felt more at ease when I feel his warmth, "Can I just look around later with you? I wanted to see how you grew up." I said.

Jong Dae stopped his footsteps, he turned and gave me a kiss on my cheek, "That's so cute, you are asking for a kiss, am I right?"

I was just surprised and blushed, "You meanie." I pouted and hit him lightly.

He laughed as we continued, walked into the dining hall and we sat down together to have breakfast together prepared by the house chef.

Meal tasted so good with him around, I can't imagine what will happen when he's not around but... for now, I just want to focus on spending time with him.

Jong Dae patted me lightly on my head, "Silly, you can always call me if you miss me. I promise, I'll return you a call as soon as I can if I can't answer when you made the call" He said.

I shook my head, "I think it's gonna be horrible if I heard your voice but couldn't see you at all."

Jong Dae hugged me close to him, I continued, "I'm not gonna call, just gonna wait for you." I said. 

 

Jong Dae and I continued hugging for a while more then we continued with finishing up breakfast. Both of us went around the house for a small tour as promised and I was more than amazed to see how big the house is.

There were so many rooms and each room was almost triple the size of my own room.

Jong Dae's room is especially neat and tidy, with his books all on the side bookshelf. It has a soft pine wood scent as the furnitures in it were mainly made of pine wood.

"You didn't just tidy up just because I'm here, am I right?" I cheekily asked.

He just smiled, "This is exactly how it looks like, my dear." Jong Dae then held my hand, "Come on, let's decide on where to go today.

"Hmm.." I don't want to spend time travelling out, "Shall we just stay within the house and probably watch a movie?" I asked.

He looked at me, "You sure about that?" 

I nodded, "We've been going out these days, I think staying home for today is good enough." I said.

We stayed in the house, cuddling on the sofa with a huge blanket over us and watched a movie. Had drinks and snacks ready on the small coffee table infront of us.

"You know, I think I'll miss you." Jong Dae said while holding on to my hand under the blanket.

I rest my head on his shoulder, "I know."

We looked at each other in the eyes and shared a soft kiss, both of us smiled and continued with the movie.

We small talk throughout, about every little things.
 

 


There's a poll! Kindly vote and I'll take that for developmental use in this story :)