Reality Bites

Truth Bites

Sensing the tension in the air, Soonyoung tried to make a light hearted joke, “What do you have to hide? It’s not like you are a vampire and that's full of blood or something crazy like that, right!” Junhui’s face dropped.

Soonyoung repeated, more fearful than the last time, “Right...?”

Junhui’s eyes widened and scanned the room. Twelve pairs of eyes wide with confusion were staring back at him.

“That- that’s not true! Is it...?” Soonyoung’s voice faded to a trembling whisper at the end of his stuttered exclamation.

Junhui only replied with a small nod of his head and almost inaudibly mumbling, “Yeah, it’s true...” He found his eyes glued the floor by his feet. “I’m sorry… sorry I didn’t tell you.” By this point, Junhui was sobbing.

“Junnie…” Jeonghan quietly spoke his name with a hand covering his face in shock.

Junhui was startled out of his blank state by Mingyu wrapping his arms around his still tied up form.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry!..... I’m sorry….!” Junhui repeatedly whispered over and over again. “I understand if you don’t want me around anymore… I’ll just go.” Junhui then proceeded to push Mingyu off of his shoulders. To the shock of Seventeen, Junhui easily broke free of the ropes used to tie him up.

That act confirmed the truth for the twelve of them. Being able to tear ropes in half without much effort is truly super-human.

They all stood in utter shock, unable to voice any words as Junhui walked out of the room. The slam of the door shook them back to reality.

Soonyoung bolted out into the hallway to catch Junhui before he runs off. He managed to get out intime to see Junhui about to walk back into his room. Soonyoung began to walk up to Junhui, but he called out to Soonyoung to stop.

“Please, just give me some time. I’ll come find you when I’m calm.” Junhui didn’t give Soonyoung time to respond as he slammed his door shut.

Soonyoung his heels and walked back into the room with the remaining 11 boys. “He said he just wants some time to calm down. He’ll find us when he’s ready.”

After a chorus of nods and mumbled sounds of agreement, Seungkwan asked the members, “What are we going to do?”

“We will wait until he decides to come to us. Until then we should just do some clean up; this house is a mess.” Joshua answered for the whole of the group. “At least we don't have schedule today.”

“Off to stall for time!” Seokmin voiced and walked out of the room, the rest of the maknae line trailing behind him.

“I’d say if he doesn’t come to us in two days, we go to him,” Wonwoo’s opinion was answered with a noises of approval from the remainder of the group.

Jihoon repeated, “Two days, that’s it”