Hangover Bites

Truth Bites

Seungcheol woke to a splitting headache; the sun hitting his face from the window did not help either. He groaned and shifted himself to the edge of his bed so he could sit up. As he sat up, something caught Seungcheol’s attention. On his desk across the room was a glass of water, a few painkillers, and a note. He walked over to the desk and sat down as his head was still spinning from his headache. He picked up and read the note.

 

Seungcheol-hyung,

Thank you so much for allowing me to drink from you. You have no idea how much that means to me. Thanks to you, I am now back at full strength. When you wake up, you will most likely feel like you have a terrible hangover. That is normal for the first few times. I left you a few painkillers and some water. Drink those and you should feel fine in a little bit. I most likely will be in the kitchen when you are reading this, so please come meet me down there.

-Junhui

 

Seungcheol set the note down so he could swallow the few painkillers he held in his hand. Once he had done that and finished the glass of water, he headed to the bathroom. Seungcheol tamed his hair and brushed his teeth before making his way down to the kitchen to meet with Junhui.

“Hey, how you feeling?” Junhui immediately stood up from his seat at the table as soon as Seungcheol arrived.

“A bit better. Thanks for the painkillers.” Seungcheol thanked Junhui as he searched through the refrigerator, “Damn, I’m hungry.”

“Yeah, that happens when a vampire drinks your blood. Eat this,” Junhui handed Seungcheol a bowl of what looked like oatmeal after grabbing it out of the microwave. “It’s a specially grown form of oats for feedlings.”

“Feed...lings…?” Seungcheol asked for an answer.

“A feedling is a human that a vampire has attached to for feeding purposes.” Junhui explained, “Feedlings are differentiated from friends and family, so a friend of a vampire could also be a feedling.”

“Ok… so am I a feedling now?” Seungcheol pondered while practically shoveling the oats into his mouth.

“Yes,” Replied Junhui, “And, again, I thank you for that.”

The two returned to silence as Junhui made his daily toast and Seungcheol finished inhaling his oats. With a clang echoing around the kitchen, Seungcheol set down his bowl and spoon after he finished.

“Thanks,” He spoke, “Whatever that was helped.” After a moment of silence, Seungcheol voiced the question that had been on his mind, “Where is everyone?”

“Oh, they went to practice. Don’t worry, I told Manager-hyung that you were sick and I would stay to take care of you.” Junhui chuckled at how easily he answered Seungcheol’s unspoken question.

The unscheduled knock at the door made the two of them jump. Seungcheol walked to answer the door, Junhui setting down the dishes he was cleaning and trailing a bit behind him.

Seungcheol opened the door to see not who he expected. “Seokjin-sunbaenim? Not to be rude… but what are you doing here?”

Junhui rounded the corner and spoke, “Jinnie?”

“Junnie~” Seokjin sang while hugging Junhui, “I haven’t seen you in decades!”