Curiosity Bites

Truth Bites

June 10, 1796 was the day he was born. He was a human, born to two human parents. It all changed one day. It was summer 1810, and it was scorching hot outside. His family was under attack. Junhui’s family was lucky enough to have been killed in the attack. Junhui himself? Not so lucky. He had survived, with a heavy price. He had been bitten. He had become one of them….. He had become a vampire.

TIME SKIP - February 2018

“Jun-hyung come on~ I want breakfast~” Junhui had woken to the wines of Chan and Hansol. “Jeonghan-hyung won’t let us eat until everyone is there~!” Junhui had let out a groan and rolled out of bed. “I’m up! I’m up! I’ll be down in a second!” After the two younger of the three scurried out of the room, Junhui went into his bathroom to comb down his unruly hair and brush is teeth, making sure to cast his daily spell to hid his fangs.

On his way out he grabbed one of the non-see-through water bottles filled with the blood he has stocked up over the years. No one suspects a thing as he says they are protein shakes specially made for him… which is technically not wrong.

“Okay. I’m here. Eat.” Junhui hadn’t even sat down before the younger members had began stuffing their faces with food.

“Jun-ah, you should eat more with all that dancing you’re doing lately.” Jeonghan had mentioned to Junhui, who was taking small bites of his plain toast and gulping down the ‘protein shake’ in his water bottle.

“This…” Junhui replied, gesturing to his water bottle, “...is enough for me. I’ll be fine, Jeonghan-hyung.”

“Okay, if you say so.” Jeonghan waved his hand at Junhui to continue, “But I really want to know, what is it that you drink so often. I know you said it’s a protein shake but I want to know exactly what.”

Junhui froze, hopefully not visibly, and shakily replied with, “It’s none of your business.” and stood up, cleaned up his area, and went back to his room.

“What’s up with him?” Seungkwan asked in a confused state.

“I don’t know, but I’m going to find out.” Jeonghan had shown a determined expression, “I only asked what exactly was in that water bottle he always carries, and he freaked.”

The twelve remaining members in the room scanned the others and all came to the same decision and Seungcheol decided to voice said decision.

“Ok here’s the plan…” Seungcheol went off on his idea for a good ten minutes on how they were going to figure this out. The plan will be set out tomorrow.     

TIME SKIP - NEXT DAY

Junhui awoke peacefully on his own. Something was off, he knew it. Where were s? Usually they would be yelling at him to wake up so they could eat by now. He didn’t wake up too early or anything. So, where is everyone?

Junhui had rolled out of bed and began his typical morning routine. He was still a bit off about how no one had shown up to find him in the last 20 minutes. A few minutes later, Junhui grabs his water bottle and makes his way down the hallway to the stairs to the first floor. What he didn’t expect was to be grabbed by Seungcheol, Wonwoo and Joshua from behind. Although he was a vampire and had heightened reflexes and strength. He was caught off guard and couldn't react. They had tied him up with some ropes and stuck a light in his face like they were going to interrogate him or something. Junhui kept a straight face but internally laughed at the weak bonds they had tied him up in. A normal human couldn’t have broken out of them, but then again, he wasn’t normal.

“What’s the point of all this?” Junhui asked his group mates standing in front of him.

“This is an intervention,” Minghao begun.

Jeonghan followed after, stepping into Junhui’s line of sight, “It’s time you tell us what is actually in that water bottle of yours.”

In all of the chaos of Junhui being tied up, he managed to keep a hold on his water bottle. “You mean this?” He held the water bottle up, and the other twelve nodded, “As I’ve said many times before, it’s just a protein shake.”

“May we see it?” Wonwoo asked, reaching for the bottle in Junhui’s hand.

Flinching his hand back, Junhui spat back, “No, it’s not your business.” The rest of the group stood back, stunned and confused at Junhui’s reaction.

Sensing the tension in the air, Soonyoung tried to make a light hearted joke, “What do you have to hide? It’s not like you are a vampire and that's full of blood or something crazy like that, right!” Junhui’s face dropped.

Soonyoung repeated, more fearful than the last time, “Right...?”