Chapter 6

The Coffee Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Last chap. Enjoy. X

 

 

Both palms on her cheek, Jessica zoned out. 

The thought of Taeyeon whispering these five words in front of her, made her to lose her right at the spot. What was this? 

Memories began running wild in her mind. 

-

"Will you be be my girlfriend?"

As Taeyeon said it, she witnessed the first tear drop rolled down Jessica's soft cheek. She felt a pang in her heart.

She waited for a good few minutes waiting for an answer from the latter. 

Another five minutes. 

One minute. 

Thirty seconds. 

Ten second.

One second. 

Half a mili second.

Taeyeon hung her head low and let out a heavy breath. She pushed her remaining tresses of the hair back. 

Jessica was there standing in front of her, examining Taeyeon's actions. Her body was feeling numb and her heart was paining. She did not know why. She had never felt like that. Specially, towards a girl. It was not like she had never dated anyone before but not a person from the sam gender. She did not have any grudges on behalf on people like that because she had couple of friends who she was close and were in gay relationships. With that note, the feeling Taeyeon was transferring was unreal and genuine.

And it felt too right. 

Ultimately, Taeyeon held her head up and served a bitter smile.

"I can understand you Sooyeon-ssi. I am sorry, to step on your boundaries. I just got carried away, by my pathetic feelings."

Taeyeon's words were shot directly for Jessica. A guilt overpowered Jessica's mind which she expressed through the tears now streaming down her cheeks, non-stop.

"Pardon me, if I gave you a wrong impression. I promise, that this mistake will not be repeated. I am extremely sorry, to waste your time." Taeyeon continued as she brought her hand to her chest level and pointed at her heart. "Sometimes, I can't control myself because it hurts." Their eyes met each other and lastly Taeyeon uttered, "I will take my leave." 

Jessica broke down into tears as she heard the sound of door closing with a loud thud and, Taeyeon was gone. 

-

Jessica could not take this anymore. Taking the keys, she left the apartment, knowing the exact destination, where she knew she should go.

 

 

-

 

-

"Why would I shut up? Why? I was being photographed, was tracked my calls and was always aware of my wherabouts by strangers when I even do not know...How-"

"What do you mean photographed?" 

"Stop acting like a dumb Soojung. Dad always did everything he wanted and knew about me when you on the hand tried to destroy my happiness. Screw all of you." 

"Wait...what-"

-

"What was she actually implying? Did dad really spy on her?" 

Soojung was surfing in sea of thoughts, while looking at the skyscrapers through the glass window, behind her table, in her cabin. There was a question bugging her mind this whole time, whenever she reminded of the quarrel she had with Jessica, at the hotel. 

When Jessica revealed, how she was detected by a stranger and followed her eyerywhere she went, Soojung actually had no perception about it. She was also in the search of Jessica for quite sometime but never knew the fact, her father too did researches on his own. 

"Why did he never tell me that? He knew, I was committed to find her too but...why would he do that?" 

Krystal called out her Personal Assistant and notified her to cancel her meetings for the day.

She had to find the missing pieces, in order to comprehend this problem. 

 

-

 

For the tenth time, Jessica checked her phone for any possible notification but to her dismay, there were none. 

The blonde had messaged Taeyeon, asking her to meet her but no replies were sent to her messages. After the encounter the previous day, Jessica could not stay put. She wanted Taeyeon to know about how she was feeling and her answer to that one particular question. 

The bus she was waiting for arrived as she looked up. She stepped on to the with the hope of not going home until she met the latter. 

 

 

-

 

"It should be here somewhere. He always kept it inside the drawer. Aish!" 

At her father's room, Krystal was searching for a possible clue, in order to find an answer to her question. For months, her father's room was closed off since his demise. Krystal had no intention of visiting his room rather than to find important documents about the company. Though, this time she was there because of her burning curiosity. 

Sitting on her father's bed, Krystal rummaged through the paper articles, signed documents inside the drawer next to the bed. Her eyes stopped at a certain envelope which was addressed to her sister's name, Jessica. Krsytal closed the drawer and went to her father's study table. 

as she opened the envelope, some photos greeted her sight. Taking them out, Krystal scanned them thoroughly. Her eyes popped out as she saw the certain photographs. 

"Taeyeon? Did he know about her before?" 

A photo which was taken at the coffee shop where Taeyeon was leaving the shop, was laid on the table as Krystal put the rest of the photos together. As she went through them, she noticed how both Jessica and Taeyeon were coming in and out of the same coffee shop but had no collision at all. Some had Jessica and Taeyeon as seperate individuals on a daily basis in their lives. 

"So he had considered my request beforehand? He already had known the things about Taeyeon...What is this?" She muttered as she saw took out a paper which was folded into two.

It was a letter. From her father to her sister. 

 

My lovely daughter Sooyeon, 

                                     Daddy is sorry. I am really sorry, Sooyeon. I know, you are struggling with a lot of difficulties. I also know that I should be the one to be held accountable for the unjustice happened to you. Sooyeon I know about your sister. If you thought that I did not know what really happened, it is not true. You should know, what I am mentioning here. I know the documents were fabricated and you were framed by, who you spent your chidhood with all your life, by your side. But, Sooyeon if I ask your forgiveness behalf of her, would you accept? After your leave, I realized many things. You wanted to hide from the world because you were dishonoured and people blamed you. I apologize for all that, my daughter. I do mean it. Also, you know why you are special from all of us. You are our lucky charm Sooyeon. Without you, this family do not mean anything. This company, our family and everything is successful because you are our fortune. You brought us altogether. I am very thankful for that. Really. I am watching over you Sooyeon, always. I hope you will return home soon. Please, forgive Soojung if you can. I know it is hard but she's also as important as you to me. Both of you are my precious treasures. I only want to see the best for you two. That is my ultimate wish.

 

Love,

 Daddy

 

Krystal's hands trembled as she kept the letter down. Eyes started watering. Realization hit her hard when she got to know that her father was already aware about her wrongdoing but still he did not utter a single word. 

She repented for what she did for her sister because of her own greed. 

Krystal suddenly broke down into tears.

"I am sorry, unnie." 

 

 

-

 

 

Jessica stopped at the sign. "The Coffee Love" 

Checking her cellphone for the last time, there was no messages from Taeyeon.

Her heart was beating to the extreme. Her blood was rushing through her veins and she realized by the time she meets Taeyeon, her entire body will become numb. But, she was not sure if Taeyeon was there. 

Just as she was about to put a step foward, she saw the door of the cafe opened. Taeyeon stepped out while having a conversation on her phone. Jessica turned around and covered her head by the hoodie she was wearing. She overheard the phone call Taeyeon was having.

"I am sorry baby, I am really sorry. I could not come to see you yesterday because I was exhausted both physically and mentally. I will pay a visit today. We can have some fun time. Maybe a movie?" 

Jessica was bewildered. 

'Has she already found someone? Was she lying to me? Is she playing with me?'

Her chest pained and tears started b in her eyes. Her eyes were already swollen, thanks to the night she had the day before.

"Oh yes, I can come and cuddle you too. Sure baby love. I will be there. See you."

Taeyeon ended her conversation. As she was going to put her cell phone into the pocket, her screen flashed an incoming call from Jessica. 

"Tsk." She cut the call. Taeyeon walked to her vehicle and drove off to her destination. 

Taeyeon reaction has already made Jessica to ruin her face with smudged stains of tears. She did not care. Anger was raging in her mind. 

She went inside the Cafe. Her eyes quickly found Sooyoung who just ended a phone was about to return to work. "Excuse me!" Jessica called out. She got Sooyoung's attention at the instant and served a smile. 

"Jessica, you are-when did you-" 

"May I know how much I owe you for the free coffee?" 

"What?" 

"I want to pay for my free coffee. Can you-"

"I thought you were told by Ta-"

"Please, just tell me the amount, I will pay you." 

Sooyoung thought fo a while. "$600." 

Jessica took out her wallet and gave Sooyoung the deserved amount of money. Sooyoung hesitantly accepted. "But Jessica this was already paid-" 

"It's fine. It's my fault anyway." Jessica gave a bitter chuckle to ease the tention. "I am sorry for any inconvenience." 

"Jessica but-"

"Jessica!" 

Sooyoung was cut off when Yuri came to the scene, waving at them. 

Jessica hearing Yuri replied, "Hi." With a sad smile. Yuri noticed something was wrong and saw how Sooyoung had a mouth agaped. 

"Did something happen?" 

Sooyoung came to reality and excused both girls, returning to her work. Yuri trew a stare as she witnessed the weird behaviour of her friend. She shrugged it off as she averted her gaze to Jessica. "So, how are you?" 

"I am...good."

"Come, have a seat. What do you need today?" 

"Nothing." 

"Jessica, are you okay? Why are you rejecting coffee at a sudden?" 

Yuri looked at the blonde amazed.

"I will not be coming here in the mornings anymore. Therefore, no." 

"W-What? Why?-"

"Just needed a change. Nothing serious." Jessica gave a sad smile. 

Yuri scanned Jessica's face and she suddenly cupped her face with palms. "Oh my god!" 

Jessica was bewildered with sudden contact of coldness and looked up. 

"Your eyes? They are bloody red and swollen and the bags under your eyes. Jessica, you sure you are okay?" 

Yuri said further digging deep into her eyes. 

"I-I am fine. Just having so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter