Chapter 4

The Coffee Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : Jessica is publicly and personally (family members) called by her birth name, Sooyeon. Jessica used her English name when she left the Jung family.

 

 

"How am I supposed to call you friends, Taeng? You hid-" 

"Soo, stop exasperating for god's sake."

"Excuse me! I am questioning my friendship Taeng. Yul and you plotted about that woman and shared secrets without even telling me. How dare you?" 

"Wait what?-" 

"Yes, I get it. I know I was mad at her for not paying the debt but I am not inhuman to hate a girl like that. I was just scared about what would happen to my business, I admit it and I know I solely did not spare a little bit of space for her to explain herself. I am sorry-"

"Soo, just ing stop! What is wrong with you dammit?"

"Why-"

"Gosh, just calm youself down! I dunno what Yul have told you but listen, yes I called Yul when I took Jessica to my car. It's just an impulsive behaivour of mine. I was not thinking or pondering or even concotting what should I do with this girl or who to text first or who is the best person to call at the moment. I got a message from Yul at the same time so I called her and explained my situation. Is that wrong? I just wanted to hear someone's opinion and get a solution and I cared less who would it be because the situation was more important."

"..."

"I am sorry, that I couldn't reveal this to you in the first place Soo but believe me man, I did not try to hide anything. The only thing happened was, I saw Jessica at the celebration party of the Jung co-op. and a guy was just trying to hit on her. This girl was drunk and I just helped her at the situation..."

"Why would you help her?"

"What?" 

"I mean, why would you help her? Were not there any other person to help her? What is wrong with you both of you Taeng?" 

"Why wh-"

"I don't know what her speacialty that both Yul and you see in her. Last time, Yul literally punched a guy who was Jessica's colleague at her office, when they came to get some coffee. Both of them were talking about some documents and Yul hit him directly in his nose and was about to get caught by the police for hitting him for no reason. I had to close down the shop for a fortnite until Yul's drama finishes. This girl costs a fortune I think, for both of you. Tell me if I am wrong Tae? Did you really act impulsively? Last time you met her when she spilled her drink on you, rather than scolding her, you were ing smiling when she was wiping your stains. How would explain that? A normal human being would curse and dash away. But you, you just stood there smiling I am okay. The ? How would you be normal and smile when a ing huge stain of coffee is in your clothes? What if we were not your friends at the coffee shop? Would you still smile and ask the name of the person who spilled a ing drink on you?" 

"I-Soo-"

"If you think I am overreacting because of Jessica. Yes. My valid is reason for that I state as is, why my own best friends, hide the fact that one of them took a girl to their hotel room and ask help from another because you two share the same initial thought you have about her and do not even spill it to the other. And that questions the friendship I have with you two. Yul didn't spill a word until just now when I asked her what happened. She was spacing out the whole time muttering, is Jessica okay? Since I am the doofus here, had to be a snobby friend and ask everything to point."

"Okay Listen Soo, first of all as I said ealier you are overreacting and yes, you admitted to it. Second of all, you know Yul is crazy. Most of the things she tells and does she does just in an instance. Third of all, I helped Jessica because she's girl like me and when I see another person getting harassed obviously I will help them. I am not gonna ignore and sit back."

"Then how do you explain the ing grin you had that day? Is it also because you were justifying her actio-"

"Because it is what it is." 

"Understatement." 

"Stop me judging me based on my actions Soo. Please, do not drag this so far- Why on earth would you sweat so much because of Jessica, Dam-"

"Admit it Taeng, you love her." 

"Wait, what? The-"

"I have known you since elementary school Taeng. From the way your voice shakes, I could tell, you are nervous and you are instantly justifying your actions based on a common intance in public. I mean, your answer itself is empty Taeng. It is what it is? What is? What do you mean by that?"

"..."

"Listen Taeng, it's fine. I understand the fact that you did somewhat acceptable but when it comes to your explanations, you say what you feel inside. If Jessica was not that important, you would just knock some sense into her and would say not to do this again and leave the place. Instead, you took her to your room. Why? Because you care. You believed she would be safer with you. Or you would not have even argued with me this much and would have already cut the conversation, if she was not that important to you. Whatever your belief is about love, it's okay to have it in yourself. And why your answer is an understatement I said because you didn't deny it. You could have just said no but you did not. And love at first sight can be real and people fall in love in mysterious ways according to Ed Sheeran. Therefore, try to understand your feelings Taeng. It's not me who is overreacting but you. Your actions."

"..."

"I know I said too much but what hurts me the fact that, we three always shared everything together. Even the most personal and the darkest secret. I know Yul is weird and has crazy antics and would act a bit like a dolt, but you Taeng are more mature. Whatever the situation it is we were there for us, for ourselves. Actually, Yul was spacing out because of Jessica. That's why I decided to ask and when she let out everything. I knew it, maybe it was the same situation with you. I don't know if I really overreacted but I wanted you to comprehend that do not forget the remaining people in your life for one single indvidual."

"Soo, I am sorry I didn't mean anything like that. I agree with you up to some extent. I know that maybe my reaction for her was pretty abnormal on the first day but I didn't expect her to be in the party anyway. I just happened to see her. I don't know why my gut spilled in front of her and rescued her in advance and on top of that taking her to my room. I actually had no idea of what to do. She was pretty drunk and I had met her before. When I see her, as in someone I have encountered I can't just look away Soo. She was clearly got harssed and that's why I stepped in. I don't know if my actions say otherwise but what I did, I did it with an honest heart. I couldn't just stay put. Also, my comment maybe empty. I don't know Soo. It's just...now that you said that I don't what am I supposed to talk about Jessica. She was a mere stranger to me but now why am I doing these things..."

"Answer is within you Taeng. Explore. You will find it. But, do not hurry into things."

"Fine I-" 

"By the way, I am totally cooled down now. I am sorry for going over the top. Maybe I lost my control but you now realized something and I happy for that. 

"I love you Soo. Thank you."

"Same. Oh and by the way you said-"

"Soo hold on, I am getting a call..."

Taeyeon checked the phone and her mood went expressionless.

", Soojung."

"Hello...Taeng-"

"Soo, I gotta go. I forgot the dinner. Catch you later."

"Sure. Sorry man, I was blabbering. Have fun with Miss Jung!" 

"Ya!"

"What?"

"You are such a ert Soo."

"Says the actual ert.  Kim ByunTaeyeon."

"Whatever. See you."

"Bye."

Taeyeon had to attend the dinner with Krystal, in order to sort out the business matters first. 

Even though, the two friends' conversation ended leaving Taeyeon to ponder about that one thing.

 

-

 

"Sir, I apologize for my behaviour yesterday. I-"

"I guessed you enjoyed the party to the fullest so, that's okay. After all, it's a party." Jessica's senior served a warm smile before continuing the rest of the conversation. 

Both the superior and his assistant were having dinner of the hotel where they stayed. Jessica's constant apologies and her senior's it's okays filled the conversation since Jessica had a tough night the day before.

Meeting with the new CEO and staying in her room sleeping together made Jessica feel very overwhelmed. Literally, she won the lottery. On the other hand, Jessica had quick flashbacks of how warm and gentle the woman was to her without being an . Though, in the first place it was all her fault. 

Jessica looked at Mr. Nam and let out a sigh. She thanked god that Mr. Nam did not know anything about her intimacy with the great Kim Taeyeon.

 

-

 

A BMW parked in front of the Hilton hotel. Krystal hopped out of while having a look at the watch.

7 a.m. 

'Taeyeon must have come.' 

With t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter