Chapter 3

The Coffee Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd person POV

31st December 2016.

(A/N: This happen before Sica's dad died. And it's a flashback)

A guy in his 60s was sitting near by the windows playing chess against himself while sipping a glass of wine. Two files were placed in his desk next to chess board along with an envelope. He wasn’t even moving for few minutes thinking about the final move.

It’s time to bring her forward. All along she stayed hiding under shadows while protecting him and company silently. He let other players to hold the fortress until the queen is ready to fight back but at this dire situation he needs to bring queen to play. He took another sip from the glass and moved forward to get queen when he heard the footsteps. Footsteps that he is really familiar with. He leaned back again without making his move. Not yet.

“Dad”

“Hello dear. What brings you here today? Don’t you have celebration parties to attend?” She bend down to kiss him on the cheek and sat on the vacant chair.

“I .. I came up with a solution to our problem, dad. Have you heard of Kim Co-oparation? They are…” When the girl was about to explain he cut off.

“So you are telling me your final move is to sell our company to a girl who wasn’t even in the industry for 10 years?” He raised his eyebrows letting her feel how absurd that sounds.

“We both know we are out of options, dad, Yes our company holds a legacy and everything but it doesn’t matter in next 5 years or so when we don’t have a company to brag. This partnership is a must. Please dad?” She talked in one breath before her father interrupt her again. To her surprise he didn’t say anything for few minutes and stared at the window.

“Listen, Soojung. We do have other options” He said while reaching out to take a file from the table.

“Like what? Bring Sooyeon home or announced bankruptcy?”

She was looking at him while rambling and she saw her dad didn’t argue back with her. That’s when it dawned on her that father was actually thinking of first option.

“You really plan to bring her back? She left us, remember? Trust me, dad. I am trying to find her every day for years now”

“Soojung”

“Besides what she has that I don’t? I stayed when she didn’t dad. The least you could do is to let me take this decision.” Soojung said to her dad. When she saw he wasn’t going to change his mind she got up and paced back and forth muttering “I swear to god if I do find her..”

He stilled for a moment when he heard what she muttered. That’s when he realized his plans to bring Sooyeon home was out of question because Soojung still hate her sister. She opposed a threat to her down sister. He knows his youngest daughter like a back of his hand. He knows she is ruthless when it comes to her position in the company. So he changed his mind and took the other folder.

“Hmm. Ok then. I will let you make this decision. Go through this file and you’ll find everything you need to know about the acquisition”

“Wait. You accept my idea?”

“Hmm” he said nodding his head.

“Oh thank you so much dad! I promise you won’t regret this” she hugged him while beaming with happiness. After few minutes with chit chat Soojung said goodbye to her father and walked out.

When he heard the door closed he took the other folder. It was all the daily reports of his elder daughter. Her associates, friends and social life. Then he looked in the photos of envelop and smiled as he saw her Sooyeon walking with arms full of bags. Another photo was when she was sleeping in subway with half open due to her sleepless night day before. While he scanned through photos one caught her attention. That was taken when Sooyeon walked out from a café called “Coffee love”. From then on more photos were taken when she was coming out from that same place.

“That’s interesting” He thought to himself because he remember from other files that the person who is going to acquire the Jung Corp is also a frequent visitor and a friend of the owners of the coffee shop.

He took his phone out and dialed a number.

“Sir?”

“You took photos of both Sooyeon and Kim Taeyeon visiting same coffee shop?”

“ah Yes sir. They visit frequently. But they don’t collide at all. Because usually Ms.Jung takes her coffee early morning before goes to work and ms.Kim goes there at the Brunch or evening. She rarely visit there early morning”

“So you are saying they are not friends or have no connection at all?”

“yes sir. I never saw them talking to each other or even meet until now”

“Ok.Get back to work, John” He ended the call and leaned back against chair.

“Maybe fate is playing his part. Let’s see how it’s going to end”

……………………….

Soojung came home after her talk with father feeling so happy that she actually convinced her father to have a partnership with Kim Corp. Since the day she started as the CEO it was hell of a fight for her to keep the company together. But with his father’s advices she came through. It’s time to step up on the game and get the full control over company. She can only do that with the help o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter