Chapter 2

The Coffee Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"...I know Taeng. But really, I feel very relieved. Thank you once again."

"Soo, it's nothing. It's not like I am trying to brag about anything but you know, no matter what the situation is, you guys are important. So, consider it as a payback from me for the support you guys always have given me." 

"I didn't mean like that Tae. It is the fact that when it comes to business sentiments do not matter. Therefore, it bothered me the fact that we would go bankrupt one way or another."

"Touché."

"Let's have friends' night out when you return." 

"Sure Soo. But, remember the promise?"

"Which?-"

"Ya! You shikshin."

"Oh, Princess and Ginger. Sure Taeng. They are already with their favorite mother."

"Yul?" 

"Bingo."

"First of all, they are my kids. Second of all, I am their favorite and lastly, make sure Yul treat them well until I come back. Unless, both of you will lose a teeth."

"Feisty woman. Fine Taeng. We will. Don't worry."

"Good."

Sooyoung on the other line, let out a small chuckle imagining a grumpy Taeyeon.

 

-

 

Jessica gawked at her boss while holding the bunch of files, she was ordered to bring in. According to her inspection, she knew her senior was mad at her for ditching work as he said. Secondly, she realized the tention in the air made her cringe very hard because something was up with the boss.

He signed the last document before giving it back to Jessica. 

"Go and have a seat." 

Her boss suddenly broke the silence. 

"H-Huh, Mr. Nam?" Jessica gave a blank stare. Usually, the senior never asks her to sit and have a tea talk with him but today was something was really off that day. 

Mr. Nam averted his gaze and reiterated. "I said, have a seat. We have a discussion."

With a hurry, Jessica sat on the chair in front of the boss, who had his name and designation displayed to the world and kept the files on the table beside her. 

"All ears, sir." Jessica said as she expected her superior to coninue the conversation they are about to have. 

As he interlaced his fingers tightly, he began the confab.

"We have a seminar to attend."  Jessica nodded along jotting down the details in her mind. 

"...A conference between the enterprises and others PLCs. Our advertising department of SixthNode has assigned as a delegate by the Chief Director." 

"That's nice to hear, sir." 

"Yes, but the conference is on two days of time, held in the States and most importantly, we have to leave by tomorrow." 

"W-What? Isn't it...-"

"No objections Jessica. Remember, this is an honor for our department as a whole. You know for yourself, how much praise chief has served us for the last couple of weeks because of the success we gained through the whistle-blowing project he had set. None of the devisions couldn't have the victory but we did." 

"Sir, I completely understand but-"

"If you are worried about the money and the tickets, all are set. I asked Shin Hye to cover you up in your absense and Mr. Joon will be taking over until we return. So no worries. All you got to do is, pack your bags and come to the airport sharp 7. I will send a vehicle to your place to pick you up." 

"Still..."

Jessica was bewildered. There was nothing she could do when her senior had done everything for her. 

The reason for why Jessica had such a trouble with financial expenses was because of her own actions. Due to the complete chaos and problems in the family Jessica had a hard time fitting in.

Her father being a renowned figure in the business industry, his boastings about her heredity to all his wealth as the eldest and lastly, the disrespect she received from the world since because she was unable to fullfill her father's only wish, made her stressed.

Krystal, her sister on the other hand, humiliated her and had a major rivalry in order to seize the business after their father's demise which in the end which Jessica gave in, letting her sister to rule the company having all the power to herself. Jessica then left her house. 

Jessica was a well-educted lass. That as an advance, worked up for her to get into a job. With that, she manged to build up her own life and career without being a bother to anyone but affected her to the core because of the unstable situation of her economy which commenced occurring on and off throught the time. 

Though, Jessica still coped up with her work up to this day but her reasons were still a secret.

"Okay, are we done?"

Jessica nodded but suddenly asked a question. "Sir, and which company is holding the conference?-"

"Jung Co-op." 

The blonde's eyes popped at the instance of hearing the name.

"The w-what co-operation?" 

"Haven't you heard of it? Just because you have the same surname don't be alarmed Jessica. Either way, we will be meeting the heir Jung Soojung. You know, the real heiress didn't make it, who was her elder sister. So, Ms. Jung is the Director now." 

"O-Oh...-" Jessica felt her stomach was churning and knees go weak. What was she even hearing?

"Anyways, let's see you tomorrow. And, do not vanish into thin air when I need you at work. So, be mindful next time. Also, make sure to gather the necessary documents and presentations. You may leave now."

As Jessica collected the files messily, she left her senior's cabin with a heavy heart.

She will be meeting her sister, who had been her antipath for the past few years since. 

Her destiny will be tested in two days of time.

 

-

 

"Taeyeon-si, Taeyeon-si! Over here."

Taeyeon served a smile before stepping over to the man who called out her name. "Thank you for coming to pick me up. I was about to call you."

"It's nothing ma'm. Your vehicle is ready. Give me the bagage. I'll carry it."

"Sure." Taeyeon nodded.

"We are straightly heading to the hotel. Therefore, you can rest a little on the way. Conference will be held

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter