Chapter 5

The Coffee Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

Taeyeon POV

“Hello” I heard a groggy voice answer after my 5th trying.

“You are such a sleepy head. You know that?”

She was silent for a moment then she cursed. I was about to say her name when I heard sound of ruffling a loud thud followed by more curses. I couldn’t help but chuckle hearing her acting all cute.

“Taeyeon? How did you even get my number?” She said breathlessly after she calmed down.

“ah! I have my ways. So I presume you haven’t got up yet?”

“I hate surprises” she muttered and “I woke up to your call actually. So where are you?” said in normal voice.

“I’m on my way to Airport, Sooyeon. I’m leaving in an hour. When is your flight?”

“mmm at 7.30am? I still have time”

“I wish we could travel together. So we have more alone time” I blurt out without thinking.

Oh ! What did I say? Am I too forward?

I still feel a little awkward because though we kissed we haven’t talked about our feelings.

“me too” I heard she said it faintly. I let out the breath I was holding and smiled.

“so, um.. Can we meet sometime then?”

I really don’t know when I became tongue tight and blush like a school girl.

“yeah. I would love to, Taeyeon” I was grinning like an idiot at this point and I didn’t even care. That’s when I realized I already reached the airport and the driver was waiting for me to get out.

“I’m already in airport. I’ll call you later ok?”

“sure. Well take care ok?”

“You too. And good luck getting back to sleep” She groaned as a reply making me laugh.

“Goodbye, babe” I said trying to show her that I meat what I said the other day about love and I heard she take a sharp intake of breath. I ended the call not letting her to reply. When I was about to put the phone away I got a text from Soo.

“Tae, where are you? Tell me details of flight. I’ll come to get you”

“Yeah, I’m on my way, Soo. I’ll call when I touchdown” I text her back and turned off the phone as I heard the final boarding call to Korea.

………………                             

“Tae! Im here” I saw Soo wave hand frantically when I walked to the terminal lobby area.

“Hey” I gave her a quick hug and we walked to her car.

“So? How was the trip?” she asked me as soon as we were driving away.

“It was good. I just had meetings for two days and then I travelled here and there”

“What happened with that blonde?” I could literally see Sooyoung smirking even without looking at her.

“About that. Soo. Mmm I think I kind of..”

“Like her or love her?” She interrupted me.

“What???? How?”

“It was obvious you were intrigue by her the moment we told you about her, Tae. It was just about matter of time actually”

“You are a psych you know that? I didn’t even know I loved her until I kissed her… Aw man! Be careful” she hit the break so suddenly I almost hit my head.

“You did what? So you took her to your room and kissed her? What else did you do? Did you guys do that too?.”

“First of all, drive that damn thing properly. You are making a road traffic. And secondly, who do you think I am to take advantage of a drunken girl?  Of course I kissed her when we were both sober.”

“Nah! That’s not enough. Tell me everything now, Kim Taeyeon”

I sighed. It’s going to be a long ride with nonstop teasing and pestering.

……………….

“Hey, are you in Seoul?”   10.30pm

“Text me when you reach Seoul? I’ll come and get you” 10.33

“Hey, are you ok?”   10.39pm

She must have come to Seoul by now.

“What da heck man. You invited us to have a drink and now you are glued to your phone” The voice of Yul brought me back to my senses.

“uh. I’m sorry, Yul. I’m waiting to hear from someone.”

“oooh! Who is it? Who make you worry that much huh?” Yul said wiggling eyebrows.

“A friend.”

“woah! That explains a lot”

I checked my phone again to see if she replied and sighed.

“There she goes again. Come on now. Tell us who she is already” Yul was making me annoyed with her questions. It’s true I did invited them to have a drink at my home but that was before I was trying to contact Sooyeon. I actually planned to take Sooyeon home when she reach Seoul and hang out before I meet Yul and Soo. Maybe if Sooyeon says yes I was going to bring her along too.  

“Sooyeon, You are making me worry. Please tell me if you touched down or not at least”

I know I sounds desperate but I couldn’t help it.

“Wait. Sooyeon? Who is that? I never heard that name before”  I didn’t realized Yul was looking over my shoulder.

“The , Yuri! Why are you sneaking up on other people’s ing business” I snapped at her.

“woah! What’s your problem, Taeyeon?”

“Mmm Taeyeon. Let’s just calm down a second? I’m sure she is ok. Probably sleeping because of Jet lag” Sooyoung handed me a drink and pat my back trying to calm me. I was really surprised she knew what made me so worry and anxious even when I didn’t say it out aloud.

“Now you both are keeping secrets from me?”

“Yul, come on. Give it a break, will you?”

“No. We never hide anything from each other until now, Taeyeon. So tell me now or I’ll walk out.”

That girl is worse when she is drunk.

I looked at Soo asking silently help me but she shrugged her shoulders.

I was not going to say it like this. But she leaves me no choice.

“Sooyeon is Jessica’s name. You know I met her on my trip to LA and I took her to my room when she was drunk. Lots of stuff happened there. We got to learn about each other and  I.. I .. um.. we kissed?”

I can see Yul’s eyes widen and her face turn red every passing moment but I have to let it out if I’m planning to have future with Sooyeon. Because no matter what Yul and Soo are my best friends and I don’t want to hide anything from them.

“So let me get this straight. You knew I already like her even before you went to LA. Then when you met her at LA. You took her to your room when she was drunk?

“Yul, you knew why I had to take her to hotel room. I called you first remember? ” I defended my self she won’t listen.

“I thought you were taking care of her because I couldn’t be there for her. But you ing kissed her? What else huh? Did you guys do it too? Or are you going to tell me you love her and she loves you too?”

I looked down with guilt because it’s true. I do love her.

“Wait. You do love her, don’t you? I knew it!  I freaking knew it when you were so eager to pay her bills”

“Yul. I wasn’t…”

“Yul, you are not in your right mind and being unreasonable right now.Let’s …” Sooyoung was holding Yul’s hand trying to calm her but she stepped back when Yul glared at her.

 “You stay away from this ok? You already hide this and you want to take her side now too?”

Then she turned to me again.

“and you, I didn’t know you were going to her, Kim Taeyeon. How could you?” now she was shouting at top of her lunges and breathing heavily

“I did not her, Kwon Yuri. We just only kissed when we were sober”

“Aww! That must be so romantic and cute, right?”

Again with sarcasm.

“And is it supposed to make me feel better? You make me want to puke, you inconsiderate bastard”

I knew she was going to throw a tantrum but I didn’t expect it to get this bad. Also I was about to  lose my patience because first I already finished my 2rd bottle of beer (I’m not a heavy drinker) so I’m a bit drunk and Sooyeon wasn’t replying which makes me more upset.

Not a good combination. Not at all.

“You know what? I do love Jessica Jung Sooyeon. Yes you met her before. But it’s not my fault that you didn’t have guts to confess to her. I wasn’t planning to fall for her at all. Hell I didn’t even knew she was going to be there. I am sorry that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter