Part 5 : 'You Should Never Believe Me'

Red Card
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woohyun-ah."

Woohyun turned his head and found Naeun with Hoseok standing not far from him. "Oh, you guys want to go home?" he looked at them with a teasing smile. "Going home together again? I see~ Be careful on the way, guys!"

"Hm ..." Naeun exchanged glances with Hoseok before looking back at Woohyun who is still busy taking books and writing equipment back to his bag. "How about you? Want to join us?"

After entering the last notebook, Woohyun fastened his bag and draped it on his right shoulder. He smiled at the two, "Sorry guys, I've promised to go home with someone else. I just found out that our house is in the same direction."

Hoseok looked at him in surprise, "With whom?"

Do not tell it's gonna be...

"Jungkookie."

... the Red Card.

Ah, his guess is right.

Hearing that name was called automatically makes other students in the class who were busy getting ready to go home while chatting with their closest friends suddenly stopped and stared at Woohyun in unison. The class that was as busy as the festival immediately became silent as uninhabited.

Hoya, who from the last lesson pretended to be sleeping by drowning his head on the table, now opened his eyes, sat straight and stared intently at the person beside him.

Woohyun didn't realize that all the eyes that currently fixed on him because he still facing Naeun and Hoseok.

Realizing the silence of the class, Sungyeol, who was cleaning the blackboard, turned his head to the scene and wondering what is going on in silence.

Although he's not sure, Hoseok stepped closer and whispered in Woohyun's right ear, "Hey mate, I suggest you, don't get too close with that weirdo Red Card." he said as quietly as possible, afraid if Hoya or Sungyeol could hear it.

***

The black-haired boy hummed to a song as he pacing through corridor. He intended to wait, but apparently decided to go to Jungkook's class himself. 

The random song that he sings quietly stops immediately when he feels that the phone is playing the ringtone of his favourite song. He reached into his pants pocket and checked the ID-caller.

Jiminie

A smile forming in his face as he pressing the green button on the mobile screen and bringing the minimalist object closer to his ear. "I miss you, Jimin-ah!"

He can hear the chuckles from the other side, "Aigoo, I haven't even said ‘Hello’."

"Why? You don't like it that I missed you?"

Even though Jimin didn't see it, he very sure that his best friend is pouting right now, making him chuckles even more. "Okay-okay, I miss you too, Woohyun." He replied. "So, how's your first week at Infinity?"

Woohyun's wide smile disappeared, replaced by a long sigh. "The school here isn't as fun as I thought." He said as he stepped aside so he didn't blocking the way. He leaned on the wall while closing his eyes.

"Why?" Jimin asked worriedly. "Someone is making it difficult for you? As expected! Such elite schools must be filled with annoying arrogant brats."

Woohyun chuckled, it felt like a long time ago since the last time he heard Jimin's chatter, even though the truth is only three days. "It's not like that, there's nothing or no one troubling me. My classmates are kind and friendly actually."

Well, except for this particularly one person, that Ho-something kid. Just a thought about him is enough to irritate Woohyun. 

"So what's up?"

"I'm making friends with one of freshman here, and ... it seems like everyone hates him." Woohyun starts the story.

"So what it has to do with you?" Jimin asked again. "Oh, don't say you started again this time. I told you—"

"Don't get involved with other people's problems." Cut Woohyun. "Yes, I know, you always said that to me. But ... you know, I can't just stand there while he’s being stared at with hatred by everyone like that."

"Woohyun-ah ..."

Woohyun didn’t really hear what Jimin said after that because he got distracted by the object he was looking for that is standing about 10 meters from him, being cornered at the end of the corridor by about five girls.

Seen from their tie, it looks like these girls are also second year students like him. They were clearly oppressing with a loud voice and words that were not pleasant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter