chapter 5 suspicious Boss

not so in love

After banging her head to the table, Irene still couldn’t find a way to forget Kim Taehyung completely. She tried to immerse herself with the document on the table even though she had been staring the same line few minutes. This was worse than the night she scream like banshee. 


She couldn’t even drink the coffee because it remained her of Kim Taehyung and his smile. He definitely spat something in it so it was possible for him to stay in Irene mind, or it was Ailee who spiked it so Irene would never forget her employer and then Irene would visit the shop everyday of her miserable life.


“Miss Bae, I don’t remember to pay you for destroying office property.” Her damn boss,  Shim Changmin glared at her. 


Shim Changmin was her boss aka vice president of the company.  He was workaholic and perfectionist . Because he didn’t have social life then he demanded  his subordinate to sacrifice their own too. He would watch you like vulture, ready to pounce your mistake. Second chance? Yes of course you can get it but not before he stomp your pride. But he was thousand time-nope million times- than her former boss.


Thanks god he had been fired because of money laundering. That pompous ist immoral pig deserved to be thrown in the deepest pit of hell. Irene had never been happier when he walked out with police man behind him. Really she bought herself expensive wine and get drunk.


“Miss Bae, are you going to explain or I should wait until you finish your day dreaming?”


“Sorry, sir. I have a lot on my mind.”


Changmin rolled his eyes, “Miss Bae, that’s how human’s brain work. Now if you have intellectual capacity you will ignore it and get your to work on the proposal that I told you to send it this night.”


Damn that insensitive prick. Irene prayed that his single workaholic would rot in that office. “yes sir.”

“Good,” Changmin nodded. “and miss Bae, I don’t really care about hot younger guy you meet at coffee shop. So stop murmuring about it. I don’t need to know about your .” Irene choked her own saliva but of course Shim Changmin hadn’t done yet, “some advice if you think dating him could make you work better, I think you should do it. I need sane woman who date younger man rather than insane single one.” 

With that last words, Changmin left Irene with red face. Really, what did she expect? Some love advice from the coldest in office? She was stupid. See, Taehyung was something bad for her, she started to be incompetence in her work(which was huge deal, because damn she is good okay?) And she started to be weird because she chanted his name like crazy.

Irene would bang her head again if not her phone rang again, the ring tone wasn’t from her  mother -really that was the first think she care about- she breathe easier. Her little sister was the lesser evil from her mother. “Hello?”

“Eonniiiiii!!!!” her sister shrieked like banshee.

Irene had to distance het phone a bit, “What??” she asked.

“Guess what??”  her little sister sounded excited. Good, that meant less headache.

“No.” she said, “but you will tell me.”

“You know….” Soo-bin said in low tone, “I am getting married!!”

“What? I am sorry, I think you just said you are getting married.” She started to feel cold sweat. 

“Yes!!” she could imagine that her sister nodded happily  “My boyfriend just propose. Oh my god, he is so romantic..” 

“Wait!” Irene cut her sister, “how old are you again? 18?” Irene didn’t expect that Soo-bin would get married sooner than her, heck, Irene remembered that kid just graduated from high school.

“No you silly, I am 22.” Taehyung may be also 22, damn. Bad Irene. Bad thought!! Why did she think about him again? For god sake, Her Sister was getting married, in that young age, “actually we wanted to wait you get married but Eonnie, you have been single for years and we see no sign you will get to mingle.”
 
That heavy. Even though Soo-bin had more tact than her mother didn’t mean Irene had to like it. “Have you even graduated from college?”
 
Soo-bin attended the local college in their hometown, actually she had applied to Seoul University but failed. Their mother would never want to send another kid to abroad. “College graduation could wait, eonni. But this cannot.” Her sister said.
 
“and how can I say no? He bought the biggest diamond I’ve ever seen. Bet you never see it too.” Irene knew Soo-bin definitely waved her hand and watch how the diamond reflected light.
 
“I have.” In the store, “But that is not my style.” Because I needed the money for apartment lease. Well, her sister didn’t need to know that. 
 
“Eh that’s because you never have someone give it to you.” Soo-bin said. “I’m telling you, eonni. You can never get it, if you acted like old spinster. You have to be a little bit foxy.” She continued with sly tone.
 
Irene gritted her teeth, “I am not old spinster. 28 is not old. You? You have this conversation with Eomma, right?”
“Of course, we are worried about you. You know our neighbors said you are kimchi girl.” 
 
Kimchi girl? Irene glared at the innocent document. That’s it. Kimchi girl was practically degrading term that made by misogynists people. For god sake, her neighbors all were in daegu, they never met  Irene personally. They didn’t know about Irene life.
 
“Why did our neighbors have something to say about me. It’s not their business."
 
“Well, I’m just telling you, don’t yell at me.”
 
That was why Irene stopped visiting her hometown. Aside from over bearing mother, the meddling neighbors didn’t help too. How could they think that Irene got all of this by ing herself? Didn’t they think she is capable to earn her own money.
 
“ah, by the way eonni, that’s not why I call you. I want go to Seoul.”
 
Irene felt headache started to rise, “and why?”
 
Soo-bin sighed, “to prepare my wedding of course. Are you even paying attention to our conversation eonni?” 
Irene massaged her nape, her head started to throb like crazy, she didn’t even want to know who would her sister marry. She prayed her sister wouldn’t get the notion to stay with her. “then where you want to stay?”
 
“of course with you.” As she expected. Why did bad thing always happen to her?
 
“wait. You can stay if only eomma didn’t come.”
 
“Eh why? I can’t just travel to Seoul alone.” Soo-bin pouted, “Eonni, I need eomma to help me. I know you are not going to help me, so I need her.”
 
How could Soo-bin plan to settle down when she even couldn’t travel alone from Daegu to Seoul. Irene didn’t hate her mother -nope, she loved her okay but she loved her more when they were apart- just strong dislike of her presence. “No. That’s the condition. If you can’t do that. Please let me book inn for you.”
 
“EONNNI!!!” Soo-bin shirked. “ I will tell mother.” Irene got bad premonition after Soo-bin hung up abruptly. So, she turned off the phone.
 
She knew it was so mature of her to avoid problem but hey she got enough bad day. She could always say she ran out battery. Her head started to throb painfully.
 
She sipped her cold Americano before she spitted it back to the cup. Crap, she forgot why she couldn’t drink that Americano,  now she could never erase Kim Taehyung from her brain. Everytime she closed eyes,(yes, that include every time she needed blinking)
 
She realized it was pathetic attempt to justify Taehyung existences in her brain. Hey but it did make Irene feel lot of better if she thought there were divine interferences rather than her body attracted to the younger man. 
Irene sighed and bang her head. She is pathetic.
***
 
“Until when you are going to sulk?” Myungsoo asked. He really needed help to close the shop and cleaned all the table. This night was his turn, usually he could ask anyone to help him. Unfortunately Taehyung stayed behind and still refused to talk to him.
 
Taehyung ignored his manager because well he was sulking remember? If he answered Myungsoo, he would think he had quench Taehyung anger even without apologizes. Not that easy. There were lot of things you have to do to earn his forgiveness,
 
“Damn it. It is not my fault okay? You just freeze there like stupid statue.” Myungsoo said.
 
Calling him stupid wasn’t one of it definitely. So, Taehyung just pouted and watching him with bored gaze. Ha, Myungsoo thought only him could act cool and detach, Taehyung could do that too. The perfect cold gaze.
 
Which actually Myungsoo translated as hurt puppy gaze. It just kicked him at the gut and made him guilty. Okay, he was strict and sometimes cold hearted but he had heart. And he wanted to sleep tonight, kicking puppy wasn’t going to help. 
 
“Geeze, fine, I am sorry, okay?” 
 
“for what?” okay, Kim Taehyung had a bit of pride, not everyday your manager apologizes.
 
“yelling at you in front of our customer”
 
Well, that was good enough. Better not to push Myungsoo took back his apologize. Taehyung smiled widely, “Do you need help, hyung?” he asked, “Let me clean the table.” He took the rag cloth from Myungsoo hand.
 
“It’s pain me how easy you are being manipulated.” Myungsoo muttered. Sometimes Myungsoo amazed how naïve Kim Taehyung even after working with the Satan herself.
 
“I am not.” Taehyung denied. “I just want to help you, hyung.” He said again. With goofy smile Taehyung wiped the table clean. He couldn’t help but to smile wider as he arrived to the chair that Irene previously sitting.
 
“You know, you shouldn’t be that obvious.” Myungsoo said.
 
Taehyung tilted his head, “What do you mean?”
 
Myungsoo folded his arm in front of his chest. He chose to sit on table near corner, “You let everyone in the universe knows you are crushing hard to that woman.”
 
Taehyung blushed again but denied it again.
 
Myungsoo sighed, he hated it when his boss was right. She would never let him live it. Taehyung was green. Amateur and ing inexperience. Usually, Myungsoo wouldn’t bother to tell his subordinate things like this, but his conscience said this green boy needed help. Especially after Taehyung said
 
“I don’t. But she is beautiful and you know, when she  smile she did this funny thing in my stomach.” He grinned, “ and then , my heart kinda beat faster, when she talked to me.”
 
“You know, I think you should google about Plato theory.”
 
“Plato? Why suddenly we talk about Plato?” 
 
“Because you are the pinnacle of human kind stupidity.” Myungsoo turned back, and left the hurt Taehyung. Taehyung thought his manager became kind for tonight. Talked about impossible things. “Listen to me, you make it too obvious she will fled.”
 
Taehyung still frowning when he rode the bus home. As the curious you man, he went to search engine and read about Plato. He knew Plato but never read anything  about him. He didn’t take any course about philosophy. So, as the practical student he asked his most educated person he ever knew. Kim Nam Joon.
 
Taehyung was the firm believer that Kim Namjoon knew even the universe secret. -Hey, his IQ is 148-
 
See, even before one minute, Namjoon had already replied him. Taehyung anticipated to get some real knowledge so he could show off in front of Myungsoo later, also he had faith in Kim Namjoon. The almighty smart and wise lord of his university.
 
So, he didn’t expect to see one line in his phone screen
 
'Love is serious mental disease '
 
In the opposite side of phone, Min Yoongi rolled his eyes, “I know you are broken heart, but that is petty to crush your firm believer faith in you.” 
 
“I don’t care!!!” Kim Namjoon buried his head in the dorm pillow and continued to mop about losing the love of his life. He didn’t care thathe just ruin his junior faith. Also possibility adding some complicated idea in little Taehyung head. Who cares anyway? If he was broken hearted why should he play cupid?
 
Min yoongi tempted to kick Namjoon head but it required him to move. He hated to waste energy on something trivial like punishing Namjoon for Taehyung, so he did the next logical thing turning on fall out boys song until he couldn’t hear Namjoon mopping.