Chapter2

Play In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a long hour of rest, Jieun finally wakes up and she knows that she's in the arrogant man's house again. "Can you remember anything now?" a sarcastic baritone voice was heard again and Jieun’s heart beat faster. "Hey! Stop it!" Jessica gives her brother a little slap in his arm before walking to Jieun and checks her up again.

"Are you feeling well now?" Jessica asks her softly. Jieun looks at her and she thought that Jessica look like a goddess in her simple formal yet fashionable clothes and natural make up. She was about to speak when her stomach growl loud that makes Jessica chuckle. "You're hungry. You better eat and feel at home." Jessica told her and drags her to the kitchen area which only makes Kris more annoyed.

"We have to find her family. I don't really like welcoming anyone in my house." Kris announced during the dinner. Jieun's eyes grew wider and shot a look at him in her very innocent eyes. "Kris! Where's your manners?!" Jessica scolded him. "I'm sorry for my brother's attitude. He really is very annoying but he has a good heart under that scary attitude." Jessica nod her head just to make Jieun believe her.

"Oh! Anyway dear, eat more meats. It's good for you because you have anemia and drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated." Jessica said to make Jieun comfortable and calm. Jieun just nod her head but she can't keep herself from taking glances to Kris, she's scared of him that he might tell the police that she's in his house.

 

Jessica put some ointments in Jieun's bruises after Jieun clean herself. Jessica takes good care of her and she wish that Jessica will stay in the house so there's someone who can protect her from the scary Kris.

"Dear, I have to go now. My boyfriend is waiting me outside. Just tell me if Kris push you out of here again okay?" Jessica smile at her and it makes her feel safe. "Thank you for taking good care of me." Jieun smiled back and Jessica nod at her before she left her again in the guest room.

 

"What's your name again?" Kris asks her as he enters the guest room to check on her. "J-Jieun." She answers with her head hang low. "So you remember your name but you can't remember anything?" Kris chuckles. Jieun bit her lower lip from nervousness, he caught her.

"What's your intention? Really?" Kris cross his arms and it only happen when he is angry. "I-I'm sorry. I really don't want to do it. But I am scared. Please, help me." Jieun kneel down and pressed her palms together. "Help you? ... Help is not in my dictionary." Kris told her.

Jieun is hopeless and all she wanted is to escape in her life but never expected to encounter a man like Kris. "I can do everything. Just please give me a shelter and food. I-I'll try to clean your house or maybe I can cook you food. I-I can be a m-maid. Yes! a maid." Jieun swallow all of her pride if there still is. But it's all she has for now.

"I'll think about it." Kris raises an eyebrow again at her. He's still a human with a heart that still feels pity sometimes. "But for now. I can allow you to sleep here and get a food in the kitchen as my sister ask me to. But don't you dare touch anything except in this room and kitchen only." Kris released a sigh. He's only forced to let Jieun stay just because of his sister.

"And please don't tell the police I'm here." Jieun innocently ask him. "What?! Are you a prisoner?" Kris scoff, his eyebrows was now looking like the angry bird's eyebrows. "N-no! I left my house and I don't want to go back." Jieun explained, still worrying for herself that Kris may really let the police know where she is hiding. "Then just go back to your house so I don't have anyone to take care in here" Jieun feel offended by the words that keep coming out of his mouth but who she is to stop him? He has a right to speak any hurtful words to her.

"I-I am forcedly engage and I run away. Please help me and I'll help you with anything. I promise." Jieun plead that she never had done before. "Whatever. Just know the rules. You can only access in this guest room and kitchen only. If you need anything, ask me first. You have to make on-the-go breakfast and cook dinner on time. Your lunch, just go get any food in the kitchen or cook for yourself. I don't like messy kitchen. So clean it." Kris told her in his usual commanding voice. Jieun was amaze on how he speaks so harsh yet he still look so formal like how a strict professor is.

"Sure! Thank you so much." Jieun’s eyes brighten up, beaming at him. But then she just set aside the worry. She doesn’t know how to cook and even clean the kitchen or even wash the dishes. Jieun only received a disgust look in his face but she doesn't mind because he gives her good news by giving her a shelter and foods.

 

"How should I make on-the-go-breakfast?" Jieun sigh, staring in the fridge for almost an hour. "Where's the breakfast? I need to go now." Jieun froze hearing his voice and knowing she haven't make any breakfast yet. "I-I don't know what breakfast should I make. I don't know how to cook." Jieun said and getting ready for him to scold her once again. Kris closes his eyes and controlling his anger. "Just give an apple." Jieun get an apple in his fridge quick and pass it onto him with her innocent eyes looking up to him.

"If you don't know how to cook, just ask for a delivery." Kris said before biting his apple and place money in the kitchen island before he leave. "At least he still has a good heart." Jieun smile to herself, thinking that it's a good day because she hasn’t heard a scolding from Kris.

 

Jieun only do for the whole day is either sleeping or staring out of nowhere or do something to kill the boredom. She mostly go to the kitchen and just arrange the groceries and going back to her room and looking outside the window to count how many flowers Kris' neighbours have. It became a usual thing to her. She does nothing. She can't even cook and Kris only buys her dinner, well, His secretary buys her dinner in a restaurant or a fast-food. But sometimes, Kris cook food for them at weekends though it's mostly fried at least they have something to eat. And sometimes Jessica visits them and cooks some of her specialty foods, and it is the only food she'll always love.

It was late at midnight and Jieun thought that Kris is maybe busy in his office. She decided to just eat the bread and spread and a glass of strawberry milk instead of waiting for Kris to arrive with her dinner. She walks down the kitchen and get two piece of bread in the kitchen cabinet and her favourite strawberry jam and milk in the fridge. Jieun sat in the kitchen stool and eat her sandwich when she heard a puppy's cry outside the house. She walk went out and found a little poodle brown puppy in the gate. "Hi, you must be hungry too." Jieun said and give the puppy a piece of bread. "I would want to adopt you but there's a scary monster who owns the house so I couldn't let you in." She said, feeling sorry to the little lost puppy.

Jieun immediately stand up as soon as she sees Kris' car parks in front of the house. "What are you doing there?" Kris irritated voice has comeback. "N-nothing. I just see a puppy here so I go out." Jieun said always feel nervous when he's around. "Open the gate." Kris command before he rolls up the window of his car again. Jieun run to open the gate in the parking lot and wait for Kris to park the car and closed it again. "Here's your dinner." Kris passes her the paper bag and walk straight inside his house. "I told you. He's very arrogant." Jieun whisper to the dog and it barks twice like he agreed to Jieun.

 

Jieun was eating her dinner quietly in the kitchen when Kris throws her a sweater that makes her almost jump in her seat. "W-What is this for?" Jieun ask him innocently as always. "It’s obviously a sweater to wear." He sarcastically told her before getting a making his own coffee, he can't even ask Jieun to make one because the last time he ask for a coffee, Jieun got burned her finger slightly and the coffee taste four times stronger than the usual Americano coffee. "Wear that when I'm home. I'm a man and you wear too short clothes and what would you expect me to react?" Kris said, looking at her with his usual lazy eyes.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wear this. My clothes here are all too y and it makes me awkward too. But I rather wear this than being around your house right?" Jieun didn't mean anything but she's too innocent that she doesn't even realize of what Kris could think about the words she told him. Kris releases a long sigh and leaves her alone in the kitchen. He's lucky that he had controlled himself and didn't spill the coffee in his hand. "He's weird." Jieun murmur to her, when he suddenly left with no words, even forgot to unplug the coffee maker.

 

It's early in the morning of weekend and Jieun wakes up early as usual and was about to wait for Kris but he's already there, cooking pancakes. "Good morning!" Jieun greeted him, in the past w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter