Chapter6

Play In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late at night and Jieun is busy summarizing the files in front of her but she's thankful that her poodle puppy is in her lap, sleeping as she was busy studying KW Company’s situation in the carpeted floor and using the coffee table in the library as her working place. "Happy, would you like to eat a cake?" Jieun suddenly ask the puppy like it will go to reply a word to her. "Would you like to kill a puppy tonight?" Kris sarcasm has been heard again in the room. They like to annoy each other most of the time and Kris just couldn't help himself to be sarcastic. "Cake will kill the dog especially chocolates. And why will you named a dog, happy?" Kris said still his eyes focused in his computer. "Because Happy makes me happy. Get it?" Jieun rolled her eyes annoyingly and do her work again irritatingly because of Kris.

 

Jieun wakes up in the sunlight shining bright outside the huge window in the library. She fall asleep and found Kris sleeping in his table too.

"He must be so tired too." Jieun mumble. She walks to him and pat his back to wake him up. "Yah! Kris! Wake up. You have to prepare now or else you're going to be late. I thought you don't like unpunctual people." Kris instantly wakes up, looking in his table clock. "Oh Sh*t!" Kris stands up in panic and fixes his papers. "Hey, calm yourself down. You still have time to prepare you know?" Jieun help him in fixing the papers and look at him as she passed him the mountain of folders. "I know. But if we got late in a little minute, we will face a long traffic. And did I mention how I hated traffic the most?" Kris' eyebrows are frowning again. "Don't get angry at me! I was just telling you to calm yourself down because you still have an hour to prepare okay?" Jieun raise her voice to him. She gets angry when Kris is getting angry and passed it to her like she is the reason why he gets angry.

After doing her unusual morning routine, being busy in the early morning instead of sleeping peacefully or preparing breakfast for Kris and going back to bed. Jieun wear a bath robe, realizing that all of her clothes are in Kris' room.

Kris was already wearing his tie when he saw Jieun's reflection in the mirror, peeking behind the door. "You can come in, just go change here and I'll make sandwich for our breakfast." Jieun's heart beats fast as Kris spoke and bit her lower lip and takes a deep breath. "Well, I'm actually going to enter anyway without your words." Jieun still in her snobbish act enters the room and straight to his walk in closet, choosing formal clothes to wear. "Bring my coat as you go down and don't wear too short skirt. I'm not the only man in the building so better take my suggestion." Kris told her before he left her alone in his room and makes his way to the kitchen.

It's not Jieun's usual routine, choosing formal clothes to wear, put a light make up on and wear a pair of heels and being serious in the morning is not her. But she thought that she'll get use to it like Kris thus. She never likes being a being an office girl. She wanted a free time for herself, a time that she handles and make, than following an office hour is boring.

It was a silent trip going to the office, only the music from the radio inside the car has been heard and Jieun have no plan to speak any single word but just look outside the window and crossing her arms under her chest, indicating she's still not in the mood after Kris raise his voice up to her in the morning.

"I'll show you your temporary office later. And I'll tour you around so you won't get lost." Kris told her and waiting for her words but she keep shut. "You're not going to say anything?" Kris asks suspiciously. "Just let Ga-in tour me around. You're busy and I am more comfortable with Ga-in." Jieun said in glower still looking outside the window. "Ga-in ask for a half day because of emergency. She'll go to work later by the afternoon." Kris said but Jieun just roll her eyes to him and still continue on giving him cold treatment.

As they enter the building, People greeted Kris and Jieun was just walking beside him and give everyone a smile except to Kris. He tour her around and she seem having no reactions or not even listening to him as he discuss everything to her the details and important things around the company.

"Sorry, I just don't like it when I'm getting late. I won't raise my voice on you next time" Kris suddenly speak and Jieun stop from walking and look at him with her wide eyes. "D-Did you just say sorry?" Jieun ask in shock and some employees are looking at them secretly, hearing their boss' and Jieun's conversation.

"I did just so you stop giving me cold treatment. Did you know how much I hated it when you act all childish? It annoys me" Kris told her but Jieun smile at him. "The Dragon apologizes to me for the first time. Wow! That's new!" Jieun and cling on his arm. "So CEO Wu? Where's my office and I'm ready to work!" Jieun pull him and Kris can't stop from smiling to see Jieun back to herself.

 

"Is that Mr. Wu's girl?"

"I bet she is"

"She's so pretty and have you seen how Mr. Wu smiles?"

"We never see him smile even once not until that women came"

"My handsome prince is taken?"

"She's the women I saw everyday pushing the VIP (It is Kris' floor. The only floor that Kris and his secretary and important persons can go at.) Button in the elevator"

"She's the girlfriend! The one who have an affair with Mr. Kim."

"Is she the reason why Mr. Wu was with the police last time?"

"She is of course."

"Is she going to replace Mr. Gong as the Chief Operating Officer?"

"I think so..."

 

It was all the gossip in the office area under the top floor from Kris office. They are eyeing their CEO and Jieun enters the COO office from the far end.

The gossips were only cut as Kris comes out of the office with Jieun and announce an important news.

"Everyone, I want all of you to know that this lady beside me is going to be your new Chief Operating Officer. I hope that everyone accepts and respected her the same way as you respect Mr. Gong before." Kris announce with an authority. "Hello everyone, I'm Song Jieun. Your new head manager." Jieun introduce herself with her warm smile. "Okay. Get back to work." Kris then faces Jieun. From a scary boss to a warm guy. "Go to my office later at lunch. If you have problems or need any help, just go to my office or call me." Jieun nod her head and she thought it was her new start to improve herself as a women.

 

"She only became the head manager in an instant because she's having a relationship with Mr. Wu." The employee gossip and she was just unlucky that Ga-in had heard it as she was about to go to Jieun's temporary office to congratulate her as the new head manager.

"Who are you talking about?" Ga-in ask as she rest her arm in the divider of the office cubicle, looking down to the employee she heard. "The new Chief Financial Officer. You know who she is, don't you? So is she having a fling with Mr. Wu?" The employee ask Ga-in. "As far as I know, She came from a rich family, she's also living with Mr. Wu, and take note, She always bring cookies and make coffee for Mr. Wu. And yes, they are in a relationship together." Ga-in tell them. "I told you! She only became our COO because of Mr. Wu!" The employee told her co-employee who was just beside her cubicle. "She's just rich and beautiful." The other employee commented.

Ga-in smiles at them like she agreed. "Ms. Song Jieun graduated in Europe with a masteral degree in business and yes, she's actually rich but she turns her back to her own family for Mr. Wu. And she is close to Mr. Wu's sister too. And she is the kindest, loving, humble and warm person I know and she's the only one who can make the CEO do the things he never done before. She'll never get low on your level because she is much more of a beautiful person. And Mr. Wu is lucky to have her." Ga-in defend on Jieun. She knows Jieun and she hated to hear gossips about her as she knew she didn't deserve it. "And if you still want to have a job, stop making gossips over Ms. Song and just do your work or else I'll go to Mr. Wu and tell him what I heard. Understood?" Ga-in threatens that makes them silent and nod their head as they forcedly back to work.

Ga-in then left the other employees and walk straight to Jieun's office and found her busy in her computer.

"Congratulations Ms. Song Jieun, the new COO of KW Company!" Ga-in said as she walk to her and give her a big hug. "Thank you so much! I heard you have emergency earlier this morning." Jieun stop her work and talk to Ga-in. "It’s just my son, he's sick and I have to bring him to the hospital for a check up." Ga-in smiles. "Is he okay now? You should take a leave first because your son needs you." Jieun told her with concern obviously in her eyes. "It’s okay, I have to work and besides his father come for him and I ask him to stay with our son until I got home." Ga-in then give Jieun the cup of coffee. "Mr. Wu ask me to give you this. He said he's sure that you're stressed and maybe a cup of coffee can help you to stay awake." Ga-in said and can't stop herself from smiling as she how Jieun’s expression change fast.

 

It was already lunch yet Jieun wasn't finish in making a report for the meeting and haven't even notice the time. It was her fourth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter