Chapter4

Play In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun was calmly sitting in the couch, holding a new magazine in her hand, reading Kris' interview from last month. She decided to stay since she was bored and silence filled the house that makes her feel even lonelier. In Kris' office, at least she know that she's not alone though the man doesn’t speak to her and only heard his voice when there's a phone call or he have to ask questions or just being stressed and frustrated on a business.

"Good afternoon Kris." Jaejoong greeted him full of sarcasm lingered in his voice that makes Jieun froze and look on the side to know who owns the voice yet she already know. "And Song Jieun." Jaejoong laid an eye on her that makes her even scared than ever. After a few months of hiding, she had faced the last person she wants to see in Kris' office.

Jieun stand up, shaking on her feet in fear. "So you are hiding here all along?" Jaejoong walk to her and she take step backwards until he caught her wrist. "Do you really think you can run away from me?" Jieun's eyes blocked with the threatening tears that wants to escape as she try to pull back her wrist on his hand. He was gripping in her wrist too tight that her skin gets redder. "L-let go of me. It hurts!" Jieun's tears run down her cheeks, scared of Jaejoong.

"Stop it Jaejoong!" Kris interferes, he can't just watch on Jieun being hurt. Kris doesn't like Jaejoong’s attitude and most especially on hurting Jieun, which he can’t even do to her or to any women. "You don't care of this! You should have told me that she's here rather than hiding her from me!" Jaejoong was angrier and scarier and that was the reason of not wanting him to be her husband because in the first place, she knows he'll hurt her. "Just let go of me Jaejoong!" Jieun pushed his hand but she's just a women compare to Jaejoong's strength, she's nothing.

Jaejoong pull her outside and Jieun was forcefully being taken away. "Let go of me! It hurts!" Jieun plead as she cried but Jaejoong is heartless, he doesn't care. Ga-in was panicking in her desk and wanted to do something to help Jieun out of Jaejoong's grip but she couldn't because Jaejoong is known to be a famous successful man of the CEO Kim’s son. "We're getting married." Kris announces and grab Jieun's other side of her wrist and pull her away from Jaejoong, protecting her behind him. Jaejoong just chuckle as he scratches the back of his head.

"Is that why you don't want her to show to me because you love her?" Jaejoong let out another chuckle and suddenly glare at both of Kris and Jieun. "I told you, we're getting married. So stop on hurting her and just leave us alone." Kris raised his voice and by the look of his expression, he is angry, almost roaring like the strongest lion. "You can't have her." Jaejoong smirk. He still is willing to fight just to get Jieun. To get what Jieun can have. "You don't deserve her." Kris smirks back at him, annoying him more.

"Don't worry Sweetheart. We're not finish yet." Jaejoong told Jieun who was hiding behind Kris' back and left the building.

 

"Jieun, drink this first and calm yourself down." Ga-in was worried at her as she kneel down and give her the water before she checks up on Jieun's wrist.

Jieun was back sitting in the couch, fear envelope her. She knows what Jaejoong can do. She's scared of her parents that they might believe on Jaejoong and pushed her to marry him again and she knew her life is a living hell. Jaejoong never loved her even just 5%. Jaejoong is after her money and the company that will be given to her, not what she is.

But same, Jieun never liked Jaejoong. She grew up fearing him like he's the scariest monster she has met. She feared him whenever she saw him and her body will shake in fear in an instant.

Her parents believed that Jaejoong is a nice man but he just act as the good man that every father likes. He look nice and smart but have she mentioned that she's the one who do his projects and home work during their elementary up to high school days?

She just got lucky that she study college abroad and haven't seen him for years.

 

"Ms. Han, it's late. You can go home now; I'll take care of her." Kris told his secretary but his eyes stuck staring at Jieun who have swollen eyes and reddish face.

 

"Jieun let's go home." It's the only words came out of his mouth in the hundreds of words running out in his mind as he look at her. He's problematic with his own business and wants to scold her but as he looks at her condition, the hundreds of words cleared out his mind and considered what she feels.

"I'm sorry." Jieun apologize to him as they reached home. "I'm so sorry for dragging you in my problem." Jieun was bowing her head in front of him; still her tears aren't finish on running down her face. She keeps on thinking in all of the possibilities that might happen that Jaejoong now knows where to find her.

Kris can't say any words to her. He doesn’t know what to do as the moment Jieun sob in front of him. "Just go to your room and change your clothes. I'll cook dinner for us." Kris doesn't want to be an obvious concern man as everyone know he's a heartless boss who fires employees at least twice a week and a cold hearted man with all the beautiful ladies he have met and try to seduce him.

 

"Kris, I think I have to go home now. I cause you only problems and I have no choice anyway. Maybe it's the life I really have. Getting married on Jaejoong." Jieun suddenly blurted out as they are finished on eating the dinner silently like they are eating alone. But not to Kris, he keeps glancing at Jieun who was spacing out during the dinner and almost just playing on her food.

"What?!" Kris an eyebrow that makes Jieun's heart raced from nervousness. "You're just giving up? Jieun we already set this up. I already ask Donghae to fix the papers for the marriage and I promised that I'll help you. We talk to it clearly and you agreed. Then now you're giving up on that? Just because of seeing Jaejoong? I thought you don't want to marry him and left your life but why on earth you change your mind?" Kris eyebrows were frowning. He's angry yet he wanted to help her and he needed her.

"It's just that--- I think that I keep on bringing you problems. In the first place you don't want me here and now I am going back home so you can live again alone like you wanted." Jieun answer him but her eyes can't look at him. "I don't care about that. I needed you to be my wife. We had talk about it. We promised things and I never like broking promises." Kris angrily scoffs and looks at her disappointedly.

 

Jieun just stay in her room the whole three days. She only comes out when she have to make breakfast for Kris but she wakes up earlier than the usual so she wouldn't see Kris and eats her Dinner early so Kris won't talk to her. She avoided him for three days because she wants to leave but Kris doesn’t want to. Kris tried to talk to her but every time he was about to speak, his pride rises. But he was thinking that she badly need someone to act as his wife and only Jieun suit the position as she lives with him for more than three months and they are both comfortable and there's no problem between them. Sometimes.

 

Kris was in his office and nothing going to be busy about. He just look in the new papers that send to him, trying to be busy. *She really didn't bring me lunch or any snacks? That girl is really thick headed.* Kris thought and sighs, resting his head in the office chair's head rest. Kris decided to go home early to face her. She's not in the Kitchen so he decided to go straight to her room. She was there, lying on her stomach and spacing out again, staring out of nowhere.

"Jieun. Can we talk?" Kris speaks and Jieun slowly look on his way, she's not even surprise. "Why you go home early?" Jieun asks him lazily and go back resting her head on the side, fidgeting on her pillows. "Can you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter