Chapter5

Play In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Instead of going back to his office, Kris drove back to their home, and talks to Jieun. "We're going to have a dinner with my parents tonight." Jieun announce as they enter the house. "So we're still on with the marriage?" Kris asks her, facing her. Jieun nod her head, but her expression is still bothered. "So we're going to act tonight?" Kris asks her, wanted to make sure. Jieun again, nod her head. "I'm scared that my father will get angry at me. He only likes Jaejoong because he is a son of his best friend." Jieun told Kris her concern. "I told you that no matter what happen, I'll be with you like what I promise that I'll help you in any way." Kris words comforted her yet she still can't help herself not to feel bothered.

The night comes and they prepared in their first ever acting as a couple. She wears her black and white semi-fit dress that passed her knee and paired with her white high heels and pouch. She let her hair fall wave and put a natural make up she learned from Jessica. Coming out of her room, she found Kris down stairs, waiting for her. He wears his fashionable black suit and pants, wearing a red tie under plain white long sleeves. Look more attractive than the usual.

"You look beautiful." Kris said and holds her hand, looking at it. "Wear this to make everything looks real." Kris said and put the beautiful and expensive necklace around her neck. "Do you really think they will believe us?" Jieun ask him with her innocence. "Of course. Just go with flow. I'll make everything looks real. And so do you." Kris put her hand in his arm to cling on and ready to meet Jieun's parents.

 

Jieun's nervousness has growing when she and Kris followed the waiter to the VIP area that was reserved for them with Jieun's parents. "Calm down. You might get obvious." Kris whisper to her ear.

"Good evening mom, D-Dad." Jieun greeted her parents nervously. "Good evening Ma'am, sir." Kris greeted and only received a look from Jieun's father and a slight nod on her mother.

"I heard from your mom that you are getting married to this man and not with Jaejoong?" Jieun's father sounds disappointed and they already expected that. "I'm sorry father for not marrying Jaejoong. I decided to be with Kris because I---" Jieun paused and look beside her to see Kris' face. "I love him." Jieun forced herself to say, she was hesitating. She feels nervous on lying to her parents. "Love?" Her father chuckle sarcastically and look at Kris. "What's your Job?" Jieun's father asks Kris with a strict tone. "I am a CEO of my own company that I started to build just last year." Kris answer. "What company is that?" Jieun's father can't accept anyone other than Jaejoong. He is his best friend's son and they have talk to their child’s marriage but Jieun run away that gives him embarrassment to the Kim family.

"KW Company, sir." Kris formally answers. He is nervous but he handles it well. "Dad, please just don't push me to Jaejoong. He may not be your friend's son, but Kris is a nice man and smart. I know that soon he'll be more successful in the future." Jieun defend fast even there's no against questions yet from her father. "If you'll stay with him--- then better not to come back home." Jiwoo was shock from her husband's decision. Jieun is her daughter, and she never like to throw her away. "Honey, aren't you that unfair? Jieun is our daughter. Calm yourself first before making decisions." Jiwoo wants to fight back and give her daughter a chance, but her husband is the superior of the family, she lives with that rule.

"It's okay with me. But at least let me seen mom sometimes." Jieun doesn't care if she loses everything, but her mom is an important person to her, even though sometimes she is really strict and just followed all her father's rules, her mother is still a mother that gives her love. Unlike her father, she had never felt his love as she grew up, always giving pressure on her. "If I will allow you--- I'll let you be with him, but you can't have the company and the money that was supposed to be given to you." Jieun's father stands up and left the table, not even giving an excuse or finished his food. "I'm so sorry for your father, he is just concern. Give me a call okay?" Jiwoo leave Jieun her calling number and look at Kris. "Take of my daughter." She told Kris and he obediently nod his head.

"I'll visit you tomorrow!" Jiwoo announce and leave the two shocks in the table, following her husband. "You okay?" Kris asks her, feeling concern to her that her father is willing to throw her out of the family. "I'm fine. I don’t care what I can have, but he won't just stop my mom seeing me." Jieun smile at him, forcefully. "Sorry if my father has a very high standard. He is perfectionist that even forgot his family for the sake of his image." Jieun look at him with now her smile without any regrets. “You know, entering the politics. I am the one embarrassed for him for throwing his only child away just because she left the forced engagement." Jieun mock her own father that makes Kris laugh for her bravery.

"You look nice when you laugh, not the scary dragon in the office and the monster in the house." Jieun said nonchalantly that Kris gives her a playful frown. "Are you that comfortable now around me that you learned how to talk to me with sarcasm?" Jieun smile again, showing her teeth. "I'm going to be your wife soon so I have rights to talk back to you now. Add it up to my rules!" Jieun teasingly smiled, taking advantage with making rules that Kris give to her. "Whatever, Jieun." Kris shake his head slowly and smiling. He haven't been laughing and smiling like how Jieun make him for years. But little did they know, there's a pair of eyes watching them with smile, it's Jieun's mom who saw them laughing and smiling from the window. She feels at least happy for Jieun that she became brave to face her father that she haven't done even just once.

 

"Good afternoon Ms. Han Ga-in! Is Mr. Wu free today?" Jieun sang happily to see Kris' secretary in the table as she walks to the hall way. "I don't think so. He fires two employees today. Not in the good mood I think. Scary." Ga-in said with worry for the employee that was recently fired. Jieun roll her eyes and sigh. "The dragon is alive." Jieun walk straight to the CEO's office without a knock and found him burying his face in his palms. "Mr. Wu. Here's your coffee, and I bake cookies, finally used the baking materials you bought." Jieun said, trying to calm him down. Kris lifts his head up to see Jieun standing up in front of him with her loving smile. "I heard you fired two employees today." Jieun sat down in the chair across Kris, waiting him to speak.

"You like gossip in the office huh?" Kris joke but he still wears a serious face that Jieun doesn't know if it is a joke or not. "They haven't given me a report that I needed tomorrow. And the worst is, the COO was hospitalized without telling me. And he is now resigning for his position. Who will not get angry with that?" Kris told Jieun and she nod her head. "Bring back the two employees you fired, give them under me." Jieun said bravely. "What?" Kris curiously asks that he almost spill the coffee he drinks. "I'm applying for the position, Mr. Wu." Jieun smile that make Kris laugh in sarcasm. "Stop Joking. I'm calm now Jieun." Kris smiles and shake his head slowly as he laugh. "Haven't I told you that I graduated MBA in England?" Jieun announce that stops Kris from drinking his coffee and look at her with an utter shock.

"You're not joking?" Kris became serious. "Uh huh. So now Mr. Wu, accept me as the new Chief Operating Officer and I'll start tonight." Jieun nod her head and almost laughing at Kris' face. "Tonight?" Kris asks with a curiosity runs out his mind. "You said you needed the report tomorrow, I'll help you but first, Mom will visit us for dinner and I am here to tell you the news. I called her earlier and she is serious on visiting us Kris! That's ridiculous!" Jieun was now in panic and same with Kris, he is shock for the sudden visit but remembers what her mom told them before she left the dinner last night.

"We'll go home and I'll call Jessica to cook dinner for later. We need to transfer your things to my room." Jieun eyes widen with Kris' plan. "What?! You mean, I'll be sleeping in your room?" Jieun asks, making sure if she understood it properly. "No. Your mom might make herself feel at home and tour around and found we're not sleeping in one room. It could be unbelievable for her. I was just telling you that your mom would possibly not gonna believe us because we live together for three months and nothing happened. That's really unbelievable at all." Kris said, fixing the papers he'll needed and put it inside his suit case.

 

Kris and Jieun walk in the market and buy what they needed. Kris wants to buy foods for the dinner to cook and some stocks for the whole week as they run out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter