Chapter1

Play In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun was sitting uncomfortably in her elegant bed, biting her lower lip in tense and tapping her fingers in her bed in sync like she was thinking hard. Well, she really thinks hard of how to escape the engagement party for her and her childhood enemy.

Tonight's her engagement party with jaejoong, she's scared of him and imagining him as her husband gives her chicken skin. She knows him as the school's bully and she's one of his victims since grades school up to secondary school. She even experience going home with bruises in her arms and swollen eyes after a long hour of being lock in a girls' restroom.

He never liked her and only hearing her voice makes his good mood fly away. Jieun know that he only agree in the engagement and act all lovey dovey to her is because of the money and the company which Jieun never cares.

All she wants is to have a good life she ever dreamed of. A fairytale she likes. Just someone to rescue her from her parent’s strict and controlling attitude. She feels like her parents' fingers wrapped around her neck.

Jieun had followed them all her life but agreeing in the marriage set for her is against her will. She let her parents decide everything for her but pushing her to marry someone she's scared of, was like letting herself sacrifice her life in a demon.

 

*Okay. Calm yourself down, Jieun. Everything will be okay.* She breathes in slowly, trying herself to calm down as the time is passing by quickly than the usual. The door open and she can't even look on who enters her room.

"Jieun, it’s time to come out. Everyone's waiting for you." Her mother sat beside her as she runs her fingers in Jieun’s beautiful wavy brown hair. "Don't be nervous. You'll be okay. I was like you before. But look at me now; I'm happily married with your father." Jieun look away, trying to stop the tear escaping her eyes.

"Jaejoong is good for you. He can give you anything you wished for. It's all for you and for us. Think that you'll do it for me and for your father." Her mother held her hand and look at it delicately. "I'll follow you. Just give me a minute to calm down." Jieun told her mother as she gives her a straight force smile.

 

Jieun walk in her room's balcony, seeing the visitors from the garden. She sigh when she realizes that there's no way out. “Jieun” Her mom calls her out from her door. It really is the reality of her life that was almost way back Victorian era.

 

"Everyone, Lets all celebrate the newly engage couple!" Jaejoong’s father announced and everyone raise their wine glass for the congratulatory. "Kiss!" The guests cheer and even both of their parents. Jaejoong walk closer to her that makes her heart beat faster from nervousness.

Jaejoong lean forward to her, closer and closer. Their nose touched and it froze her from standing, trembling on her feet. "As if I'll kiss you. You'll never be my type. But never run away on me or else I'll hunt you to pay what I deserve." Jaejoong whisper just right for her to hear it clearly.

Jaejoong only want is the money that she can have and the company that she'll heir and will be transferred under Jaejoong’s name as soon as they got married.

 

Jieun sat down in the garden's bench as the visitors start to go home little by little. She looks in her left hand and look clearly in the engagement ring that jaejoong put on her. "I really can't do this." Jieun tell herself, still hesitating on removing her engagement ring. But in the back of her mind, there’s a little voice came from her heart that it’s for herself. It’s now a choice for the sake of her life to live. A choice that will let herself be free from the fear. She removes the ring in her finger and put it down in the bench, looking around for her own security.

Jieun run in the far end of their mansion's wall and climb in the tree before sitting in the white high wall. She was thankful to her childhood maid for teaching her to climb in trees when she was young. Now, she can use it to escape in her own invisible prison and enter to the real world that she ever dreamed to experience. She's looking down in the high grass from behind the wall, scared to jump because of the possibility that snakes may hid in there, waiting for her to jump and got a chance to bite her in their toxicity teeth. "Madame Jieun!" A man called her name. She looks behind her and see four of their guard mansions run to where she is.

Jieun didn't hesitate but to jump and run away from the big mansion and left everything she has behind.

 

Jieun keep running as she still heard voices of their guards even she already had lost her luxury high heels and got bruises on her feet and arms and scratches on her face after she jumped off the wall.

Jieun no longer heard any voices but she still take glances behind her to make sure she's safe. Jieun was crying from the pain she got and from thinking what she'll do after running away. She loses all of her energy but she still tried to run away with her swollen feet.

A car had almost bumped her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter