02

Bad Girl Down

Irene was walking home from leaving the school late. She had to explain to her principle about the little "scene" with Wendy. She was very grateful that she was let off with a warning this time. Irene was somewhat confused with herself about the incident. She was usually a calm and collected person but somehow she let her annoyance get the best of her. 

"I should apologize, I suppose." Irene tells herself as she reached the gate of her home.

"Greatest woman of this generation-unnie!" yelled a voice. Irene turns around and sees her small neighbor, Kim Yeri approach her. 

"Yeri-ah, you still call me that?" Irene said, giving the younger a hug.

"Duh unnie! You're still the greatest, but maybe in second place this time around"

"Huh? What do you mean?" asked Irene. Just then, a familiar face comes up behind Yeri. 

"Why'd you bolt, Squirtle? You dropped your-" Wendy stopped talked as she made eye contact with Irene. 

"Wan-unnie! Meet the greatest woman of this generation!" exclaimed Yeri, obvious to the slight awkwardness between the other two females. 

Wendy's eyebrow arched up at Yeri's nickname for Irene, "More like the iest woman of this generation." she mumbled quietly, but Irene still heard. 

"Wendy about earlier..." Irene started. Wendy held up a hand to pause Irene. 

"Hey Yeri-ah, can you wait inside for me please? Your mom is probably wondering why you're not home yet." said Wendy, handing Yeri's backpack to her. 

Yeri pouted, "But unnie, what about you?"

"I'll be there in a minute." smiled Wendy, ruffling the younger's hair. And with that, Yeri gives Irene one last hug goodbye and made her way. 

Now that they were alone, Irene could feel her muscle tense up a bit and her stomach feel a bit queasy. She was about to open to continue but kept it shut as she observed Wendy take out a cigarette and lit it right in front of her. The scene somewhat appalled Irene, as she just witnessed a such a gentle Wendy with Yeri. Wendy lets out two puffs of smoke before speaking. 

"Didn't know you lived around here." Wendy commented. 

"Yeah..." Irene shifted a bit in her place, "I'm surprised to see you here." 

"I picked up Yeri from school." Wendy finished up the last bit of the cigarette then threw the onto the ground.

"Have you've known Yeri long?" asked Irene.

"Not really but we're close. I help her with her homework sometimes and such. Have you known her long?" replied Wendy, adjusting her leather jacket on top of her school uniform.

"Yeah, I used to babysit her but it seems she all grown up." 

Wendy nodded, "Well I'm going now. I can't say it was nice to see you so..."

Wendy was about to turn but then Irene grabbed her wrist. The action shocked both Wendy and Irene, but Irene's guilt was eating her up. 

"Wendy, about earlier..." Irene released the girl's wrist, "I just wanted to apologize for the way I acted. It was very...not me, and I don't have the right to call you all those things. So I really want to say sorry." Irene then gives Wendy a 90 degree bow. 

Wendy wasn't expecting this from Irene at all. Irene came back up, and waited for the younger to say something. Irene had half the mindset to just leave because she didn't think Wendy was the type to forgive.

But how wrong was she. 

"Irene...I forgive you," Wendy said, making Irene eye's widen, "and I also want to thank you."

"For what?" 

"For waking me up. I honestly was going to hate you after our little incident, but I talked it out with a friend and it made me realize that you're right." 

Irene stayed silent to let the girl continue. 

"I do want to graduate...to fulfill a promise I made, " continued Wendy, "and I think I need some help."

Wendy approaches Irene, and takes Irene's hand into hers. Irene holds her breath, not knowing what Wendy might do. 

"Bae Irene, would please help me graduate?" asked Wendy. 

Irene couldn't believe what she just heard. Wendy, the local bad girl, wants her help to graduate. Her little challenge was playing into her hands a little too well but Irene decided to question fate (if it is) maybe later. Irene smiles up at the taller girl. 

"Yes I will help you." she replies, receiving a big smile from Wendy. 

(A/N): 

So everything is going smoothly for Irene...so far. Again not every update will be long, and often. My apologizes on that part I just updating.  Will Irene's challenge become a sucess? Will Wendy really change her ways? Stay tuned! Till next time!