04

Bad Girl Down

 Seulgi watched Irene carefully as the slightly older girl as she stabbed her salad passive, aggressively. 

"Why did she have to bring a salad today?" whined Seulgi in her head, hearing three more stabs to the victim baechu. 

Seulgi gulped and opened to ask Irene what was wrong but closed it immediately as her hunch walked through the door. Irene sat up and watched Wendy walked toward the teacher in charge with quick steps, avoiding any and all eye contact. 

"Yes Miss Son?" asked the teacher. Wendy did not reply only to hand the teacher a piece a paper. The teacher's eyes quickly reads the paper and looks back at Wendy.

With a nod from the teacher, Wendy exits out of the room, and whispers replaced her presence. Seulgi and Irene look at each other with confused looks. 

"What was that about?" Seulgi asked, in her head she thought about asking Sooyoung if anything happened. 

"Don't know but I want to." replied Irene. She gets up but Seulgi pulls her back into her seat. 

"Wait till afterschool."

"But-"

"No buts." said Seulgi with a slightly stern voice. Irene sighs as the school bell rings and Seulgi says her goodbyes to Irene after gathering her things. 

As she's walking back to her class, Seulgi sends a quick text to Joy.

Sooyoungie~

Her phone buzzes back at her quicker than she expected.

Hey bear! What you up to? Bored without me?

Absolutely ;)

Awhhh :-* But really what's up haha?

Had a quick question and it's about Wendy

Wendy? OMG did you see her? She came into the store late last night.

You saw her? 

No but the night shift guy mentioned a chick with a leather jacket and purple hair come in and bought some first aid stuff. 

Was she hurt!?

That's what the night guy said there was like a bruise on her face or a couple cuts. 

Like she's been in a fight?

Exactly...I'm glad you texted me about her. I was getting worried when she didn't reply to me this morning.

Youngie, does Wendy usually get into fights? Should I be worried about Irene?

Well...no. Actually I'm not sure. Wendy hasn't really involved herself into her mess for a while now. 

Mess? What mess?

We'll talk later okay? Love you <3

Sigh...okay. Love you too <33

~

Irene couldn't focus in her last class, which was a first for her. She tapped her pen impatiently against her empty notebook till the final bell rang. Gathering her things quickly, Irene made her way to the main office of all the school's teacher. She puts on her best smile as she asked their homeroom teacher for Wendy's missed work. The homeroom teacher looked at skeptically but Irene mentioned something about "a good class president must make sure all of her peers are doing well in and outside of school" and without a second thought, the teacher gave all of Wendy's missed work. 

"Seulgi! Seulgi!" yelled Irene as she ran quickly toward the bear who was waiting for her at the school's gate.

"What took you so long?" questioned Seulgi, eyeing the amount of papers in Irene's hands.

"I have Wendy's missed work and I'm going to give it to her." Irene announced.

"Do you even know where she lives?" 

This question made Irene stop herself, "!" she yelled. 

"Hey now no need for that!" Seulgi quickly covered Irene's mouth to prevent anymore profanities from spewing. 

"Seul, I don't think I can do this..." sighed Irene taking a seat on the stairs that led to her home. Seulgi sat beside the other girl and patted her back. 

"Hey now, don't give it up so soon. Trouble was going to happen sooner or later, and I also bet this won't be the last time you will have trouble."

Letting out another long sigh, Irene was about to retreat into her home when she saw familiar blonde locks bouncing past her house.

"Yeri-ah!" called out Irene, bolting to catch up with the younger girl. 

Yeri stopped and quickly turned around almost bumping into Irene. 

"Greatest woman of this generation- unnie! Hi!" greeted Yeri with a cheeky smiled. She was so cute that Irene couldn't help but to pinch the girl's cheek, causing Yeri to whine.

"Do you know where Wendy lives?" asked Seulgi from behind. The other made Irene jumped a bit and wondered when did her best friend get here.

"Wan-unnie?" a puzzled look formed onto Yeri's face. 

"Uh yeah...Wan-unnie?" Irene could sense that the younger had no idea where the trouble maker would live.

"Sorry I don't know." hearing this made both Irene and Seulgi sigh, "But maybe the convenience store goddess knows." added Yeri. 

"Convenience store goddess?" Irene questioned. Seulgi felt a bad feeling in her gut of all of sudden. 

~

Joy waited impatiently for the night shift guy to come in. He was already an hour late. 

"I hope the bear doesn't get too lonely." Joy thought to herself. Just then she hears the bell to the store's entrance ring.

"Well its about damn ti- oh..." Joy's eyes widen as she saw her lovable bear girlfriend, with her best friend and a middle-school kid.

Seulgi's eyes pleaded to Joy to just act like they were strangers, which Joy silently complied to.

"Convenience store goddess!" yelled the blonde kid. 

"Oh hey you're that kid who was with Wan that one summer. You guys still owe me for the ice cream." said Joy, checking her phone to see a text from Seulgi.

They're looking for Wendy and are going to ask you were she lives. 

Joy makes a quick glance at Seulgi. Seulgi gives a silent apology. 

"Actually we're here to ask you something about Wendy." This time Irene was the one who spoke up.

"First off, who are you? And second, which is?" Joy leaned against the counter-top with her forearms crossed. 

"I'm Wendy's classmate Bae Irene, and I...um...I'm not sure how close you are to Wendy, but I was wondering if you knew where she lived." Irene asked.

"And why would you want to know that?" fired back Joy. Irene could tell that the girl was somewhat protective of Wendy.

"She missed class today and I have her work." 

"And you're willing to go this far to hunt her down and find out where she lives...just to give her work? That's a bit extra, don't you think?" 

Irene was slowly losing her patience but she didn't want to get on Joy's bad side just in case she did know where Wendy lived.

"Extra maybe, honestly I wouldn't go this far for a classmate I barely know...but," Irene glances at Seulgi, "Wendy asked me to help her and this is me helping her." 

Joy was impressed with Irene's response. She almost wanted to clap. Looking at Seulgi, they both gave each other a mental high five. 

"Wendy lives in the bad part of town so I doubt you guys would want to go there now, especially since you have a kid-"

"I'm in middle school!" protested Yeri, with an angry pout.

"And it's almost getting dark." continued Joy. 

Irene felt the universe was telling her to give up right then and there. 

"But..." Joy interrupted the silence was about to take over the atmosphere, "I can bring her here." 

Irene's head perked up and she felt hopeful again.

~

Wendy burst through the conveniene store's door, fist up and ready to fight. 

"Joy I'm here! Where are you!?"" yelled Wendy making her way to the counter only to find who she least expected to be with Joy. Bae Irene. 

"Oh, Wan! You got here faster than I thought." Joy said, leaving the counter and going beside Irene. Joy puts her arm around Irene, leading them both to get close toward Wendy.

Wendy stiffen, "Care to explain?" she said bitterly.

"Well Miss Irene here came by asking where you lived but they couldn't go so I thought I bring you to them." Joy gave Wendy a devilish smile.

"And telling me that you were in danger was the only way for you to get me here?" Wendy crossed her arms in front of her chest and received a nod as Joy's response. 

Irene leaves Joy's grasp and shoves the papers into Wendy's arms. 

"Tomorrow you will meet me at my house and we will go over the missed lessons from today." said Irene, looking slightly up to meet Wendy's eyes. She made note of the slightly purple circle that surrounded Wendy's right eye, and the few scratches she had on her cheek.

"She really did get into a fight. Gotta ask her later about it." Joy thought, also noticing Irene's observation. 

"What? Tomorrow is Saturday." complained Wendy.

"And a perfect day for you to catch up..." a silence hung in the air, "you asked me to help you graduate and this is me helping you." 

Hearing this made Wendy sigh in defeat, "Fine...what time?" 

"10am sharp," Wendy opened to protest, "and don't be late or else." but quickly shut it as the slight threat Irene just gave her made her somewhat nervous. Joy was very entertained by the scene that was unfolding before her. 

"Fine." grumbled Wendy, tucking the papers she had just received in her leather jacket. 

"Good." Irene turns towards Joy, "Thank you for you help Joy-ssi. I hope we can meet again." 

"Pleasure is all mine. Please come and visit anytime!" replied Joy. 

Irene made eye contact with Wendy once more before exiting the store. 

"What the hell Joy!?" exclaimed Wendy as soon as she saw the door close behind them. 

"You gotta stick it out now." 

Wendy scratched her head, and turned to leave but Joy grabs her shoulder, causing Wendy to shudder in pain.

" Wan, who did this to you?" No response. "Was it them again." Silence once more. Joy sighed and grabbed an ice pack for Wendy. 

Wendy puts the ice pack onto her shoulder, "This is the first time I saw them since I left, and it was pure coincidence." 

"Was it?" challenged Joy. 

"Yes. I didn't want them to follow me home after the fight so I walked around and ended up in a park. Passed out. Woke up and it was already pass 10am" Wendy took the ice pack and placed it onto her eye.

"So that's why you missed school?" 

"Yeah but I went in to give an excuse note. I guess they believed it."

Joy goes beside Wendy, with tears starting to form, "I thought they really got you this time." she says quietly 

"Awh come on now, you know you can't rid of me that easily." half-joked Wendy. 

"Wan I'm serious!" Joy's tears were now falling. A flow of guilt washed through Wendy, so she took the crying girl into her arms and held her tightly. 

"I'm sorry," she says, rubbing Joy's back to comfort her, "I'm sorry that I worried you." Wendy tightens her embrace. 

As Joy's cries started to subside, Wendy wondered if her ex-gang was done with her and how much trouble she would bring to those who surrounded her if they weren't done. 

(A/N): 

And we're back! Honestly I was having a block with this one, so that was the main reason you haven't seen anything on here. I think this will be the longest chapter I've ever written. But again, I'm not very consistent so don't always expect a long chapter and frequent update. I hope you liked this one. Things are getting more interesting with Wendy's past and such, and don't worry, Wenrene will warm-up to each other soon, and Joygi will be out and about eventually haha. Till next time!